Diamond proirty boarding in FLL and MIA?

39august

I was very happy to see a priority boarding area when we sailed on the Freedom in Oct. Last March out of Miami, there was NO priority boarding area. Has RCI continued this out of Miami for other ships? And does Ft. Lauderdale still have a priority boarding area? I hope so, as we sail out of there on Jewel in Jan.

Well, if you consider a section of folding chairs the priority section,yes Pt Everglades does..But you must be one of the first ones there.....or else,you're just in with the masses..

.....but as far as a separate room or anything special,no....

Ok, you'll get that.................thought you meant like what Miami used to have ..........a separate room for priority members.........now that was nice..........havent seen that in a long time............

Last year we sailed from Miami & had a nice private lounge with comfortable seats & cookies, coffee, tea & lemonade.

I just returned from the Jewel OTS that sailed out of Lauderdale. We had a separate area for Diamond to wait in before they let us get checked in. I was on the ship so quickly (11:20am!) that I did not have time to stop for cookies & coffee-but I did see them available.

Two weeks ago when we sailed out of Miami we went to the priority check in for Diamond and Platinum. Once we completed that we were asked to sit in the general waiting area. When the ship was cleared we were 1st to board. In fact my husband and I were #1 and #2. Thats all I cared about. There was no separate waiting area.

Two weeks ago when we sailed out of Miami we went to the priority check in for Diamond and Platinum. Once we completed that we were asked to sit in the general waiting area. When the ship was cleared we were 1st to board. In fact my husband and I were #1 and #2. Thats all I cared about. There was no separate waiting area.

Isn't it nice to be the first on the ship? We were the first to board the Serenade last month for our Panama Canal cruise. We boarded the ship at 11:05 am and the amazing thing was our luggage was in our room at 1pm.

It's just a section of folding chairs at Miami, too, but we were the first group called to board. That is what matters to me.

What time were you boarding? When we were there (around noon), they gave us orange tickets that said priority and we weren't asked to sit, they cut us into the line that was currently boarding. Other people were getting tickets that said #9 and I think they were boarding 7's. So we didn't wait, just walked on after getting our cards. I wonder if they changed the procedure once boarding got busy.

In FLL I think that it depends on which terminal you board. We boarded this past week for the Navigator at terminal #25 and they had an area for Diamond, D+ and suites up stairs with plenty of room. We were the first on and were given priority tickets at check-in. As we went through the last security check they had someone checking for priority tickets and directed us upstairs.

39 August--when are you cruising in Jan on Jewel?--we sail 1/26 If you are on that trip please sign up on the roll call

We just made Diamond by turning Elite on Celeb so we are looking forward to all the perks!

Archived