It kind of makes you wonder

PescadoAmarillo

I was out of town last week, and when I returned, our upcoming Golden Princess pre-cruise documentation was in the mail. Although I picked it up several days ago, I had simply set aside the two envelopes to be opened after I was caught up with the other mail. I finally opened them today. For our Golden Princess Mexican Riviera cruises, the envelopes contained:

3 Dawn Princess luggage tags

3 Crown Princess luggage tags

1 Shore Excursion booklet - Caribbean

1 Shore Excursion order form - Caribbean

1 Shore Excursion booklet - Mexico (Yeah!)

1 Shore Excursion order form - South America

I know stuffing pre-cruise documentation into envelopes isn't the most exciting job in the world, but, really...a less than 17% accuracy rate?

(Yes, I know that we will get luggage tags at the pier, and we're only taking one ship's excursion, which I've ordered online. It's just the lack of attention to detail that I find a little amusing.)

Kinda feels like someone picked up the wrong envelop entirely. I have never had anything like that happen, I've cruised with Princess for 16+ cruises. My only complaint is they send way too much stuff - considering the costs of printing. :confused:

I was out of town last week, and when I returned, our upcoming Golden Princess pre-cruise documentation was in the mail. Although I picked it up several days ago, I had simply set aside the two envelopes to be opened after I was caught up with the other mail. I finally opened them today. For our Golden Princess Mexican Riviera cruises, the envelopes contained:

I know stuffing pre-cruise documentation into envelopes isn't the most exciting job in the world, but, really...a less than 17% accuracy rate?

(Yes, I know that we will get luggage tags at the pier, and we're only taking one ship's excursion, which I've ordered online. It's just the lack of attention to detail that I find a little amusing.)

Geez, even the weather men/women have a better accuracy rate than that...and people say that they are the only people who can be wrong so often and still keep their jobs! Guess we've found a new level of acceptable incompetence! :rolleyes:

.....as they say.....godd help is hard to find....;)

Hey Jeannie, Princess is not high on our list either. They are now canceling our 2nd booked TransPacific. :eek: Read the posting for the Dawn, 2009 roll call--this after 6 months ago making the mess out of the SUN 2008 sailing from SYD to SF. What are the odds that they would do this again and with an almost full ship again? Sure wish we could sail with you guys and the rest of the Diamond DUSTERS again. Princess sure seems to be slipping in so many of the areas that they used to be great or good at--all since Carnival, I might add. We have two other Princess cruises booked for next year, but we may cancel both, as we have just lost confidence in them!! :mad: Tell "Honey" hi. Jennifer

Getting the bag tags you actually need..PRICELESS!!!

It's the new way they get you to book--they use subliminal thinking. Only not so subliminal...and not so thoughtful. Guess someone in the Princess docs department is NOT smarter than a 5th grader!

Well, not to minimize anything, but on my CB cruise in 2004, I received documents for an inside double, and was given an outside king!! Guess they thought I'd be bringing the $$$$$$$$$$$ 60+ boyfriend! (Sadly, there is no such person for me! ) Didn't get my luggage until the next day, but got great lattes with no charge! Ordered lobster for dinner and got ribeye. Supposed to do an Eastern itinerary, but did Western...thanks to Wilma. Ordered a meat and cheese basket from a company who I will not name. Got a s***** candy package and a whopping bill. Bought a "fake" Staffordshire Dog on e-bay for 3.99 plus shipping, and found out it was the real thing, worth hundreds! Paid 25.00 for an advertised pizza from a well-known chain, which the dog wouldn't eat. Paid 10.00 for a tow for my car that went 50 miles.

So, just goes to show you that you don't always get what you pay for, but sometimes you get a lot more!!

As part of my work at the theater, I help with mailings. We just fnished a 5,000 count bit of nasty that had four different inserts (one for four different regions), plus a letter, plus a return envelope, plus a contribution form. It took three of us about a week to get it all put together and believe me, there were moments when you just catch yourself stuffing things into envelopes without even knowing what you're putting in there.

I have empathy for the folks that stuff Princess docs, but they do have an obligation to get it right. If they are being paid, then they do need to pay attention. Plus that sort of mistake end up costing us money because the cost of postage is figured into profits/losses.

To the OP - I would suggest a nicely worded e mail or letter to Princess, just letting them know that their well-oiled machine has a chink in the clogs...

Charlie

I have received incorrect documents in the past:

a) From Princess, I recently received a packet with all of my items correctly, but with the bonus of a cover letter to and "Princess Cruises Work Order" listing documents for another couple on the same cruise. I called Princess and let them know so they could correctly send documents to that couple.

b) From a travel agency, I once received (addressed to me) a complete set of documents for another couple for another cruise. They had the same last name, but lived in another state. Of course I called the TA and returned the documents.

Kinda feels like someone picked up the wrong envelop entirely. I have never had anything like that happen, I've cruised with Princess for 16+ cruises. My only complaint is they send way too much stuff - considering the costs of printing. :confused:

Very boring job doing the same over and over and over again. Mistakes do happen and seen a lot as I am a printer.

An inexpensive one at that.:)

Thankful not a brain surgeon but did hear on the news this week that one was performed on the wrong side of the head.:eek:

Hey Jeannie, Princess is not high on our list either. They are now canceling our 2nd booked TransPacific. :eek: Read the posting for the Dawn, 2009 roll call--this after 6 months ago making the mess out of the SUN 2008 sailing from SYD to SF. What are the odds that they would do this again and with an almost full ship again? Sure wish we could sail with you guys and the rest of the Diamond DUSTERS again. Princess sure seems to be slipping in so many of the areas that they used to be great or good at--all since Carnival, I might add. We have two other Princess cruises booked for next year, but we may cancel both, as we have just lost confidence in them!! :mad: Tell "Honey" hi. Jennifer

This can happen on any line. :rolleyes:

Hi Jennifer, sorry for your second round of bad news. That is a real disappointment. Yes, it can happen on other lines, but you don't often see these major rearrangements of cruise schedules (keeping a ship in one part of the world as opposed to another) nearly as often (read: almost never) on other lines. Remembering how much fun we had on the Sapphire/Diamond transpacifics, I know you are upset about this one. I think we all just need to meet up in Manly and eat some seafood! Hi to the judge!

Thankful not a brain surgeon but did hear on the news this week that one was performed on the wrong side of the head.:eek:

This reminded me of a surgery (one of many) I had on my foot. During prep, the nurse had me write THIS ONE with a marker on the correct foot. I did that, and continued on writing up the leg...."No pressure, but scuba diving in Belize in 10 weeks!"

They did that on my nephew too: operate on "this one". He was marked up all over on the correct side. Guess which side they operated on? Yep, the WRONG one! :rolleyes: Poor little kid had to have the whole surgery all over again a few months later!

About the Princess pre-cruise package, at least you got it delivered to you. I requested my parents' stuff to be sent "vendor direct". I made a note of the person I spoke with, the date and the time. A few months later, I called to re-verify the package would be sent directly to them, "Yep, it's all there, no problem."

Where did the pre-cruise stuff go? Yep - all the way from California to Florida (our headquarters) and back to California to my parents. Unbelieveable! :rolleyes:

Archived