Passport Renewal - 22 days - door to door

PescadoAmarillo

Wasn't sure we would get them back in time for our January 2008 cruises (for which we don't specifically need them), but we did. Online tracking and email notification also worked great.
Glad to hear you got it so quickly! As you can see, I set up a countdown clock for mine. :)

They've been encouraging people to send in passport applications/renewals now, as they expect once January comes, will get crazy again.

Of course, mine comes up for its 6-months left deadline in February... and no way I'm letting it out of my hand before the Star in January! Methinks I see an expediter in my future.

They've been encouraging people to send in passport applications/renewals now, as they expect once January comes, will get crazy again.

Of course, mine comes up for its 6-months left deadline in February... and no way I'm letting it out of my hand before the Star in January! Methinks I see an expediter in my future.

Mine expired in March (and I booked a Mex Cruise for Dec at the last minute). I applied for mine on Oct 28th and received it Nov 10th. I didn't expediate it but I did send it "priority mail" to the passport office.

Mailed Priority Wed Nov 14 -- Expedited with Overnite Return. Application Delivered Fri Nov 16. Website check on Wed Nov 21 showed Passport mailed that Evening. Received Fri Nov 23.

For Expedited -- MUST write Expedited on the Envelop you send.

New Passports with electronic chip are being issued. For Overnite Return, there are 2 separate mailings -- New Passport alone in one overnite envelop. Old Passport (or any other documents) in a separate Priority Mail envelop.

Mine expired in March (and I booked a Mex Cruise for Dec at the last minute). I applied for mine on Oct 28th and received it Nov 10th. I didn't expediate it but I did send it "priority mail" to the passport office.
As you can see from my signature, I sent mine in for renewal. Since I have four months before my next cruise, I didn't send it Priority Mail nor did I expedite it. The website is saying 4 - 6 weeks. We'll see. In the meantime, my countdown will be counting. :)

The website is saying 4 - 6 weeks.

We have a friend who processes passports at our local post office. It was on his advice that we sent ours off (having just returned from one cruise at the end of October with 2 more in January.:D ) Ours were due to expire (after 9.5 years) at the end of January, so we could have waited, but our friend told us that the turnaround was pretty quick right now, and he expected it to once again bog down after the first of the year. So we moved fast and were glad we did. We didn't Priority Mail or expedite anything, and were still able to track our renewal online 4 days after I mailed it off.

As you can see from my signature, I sent mine in for renewal. Since I have four months before my next cruise, I didn't send it Priority Mail nor did I expedite it. The website is saying 4 - 6 weeks. We'll see. In the meantime, my countdown will be counting. :)

That is what the website said when I was looking also. I think you will get it soon.

I felt weird putting my passport in regular mail so I paid the $4 to do Priority Mail. I didn't expediate mine as I could use a birth certificate for my cruise in December. I figured since I put a travel date on my application that they would get it to me in time.

i sent mine overnight for renewal, and the application asks when you are going out of country, i put it inside of overnight envelope in another envelope that said renewal, did not pay expedited service fees. got back in less than two weeks, and mine was already expired so i think they look at when you are going to use it, and then maybe process it accordingly. t:)

I sent my passport in on 11/21, and tonight (12/4) I got an email saying it was completed and had been mailed. Not too bad!

I received my passport and 5 days later received the email saying that it had been mailed. :) For me, the status check wasn't very accurate.

Archived