Balcony being viewed by ships cameras?

bearswife

Whether or not cameras are facing the balconies - You shouldn't be doing dumb stuff there like fornicate, smoke (if your cruise line prohibits doing that there), jump or climb from there, throwing garbage or vomiting. If you're not doing anything illegal or stupid, there's nothing to worry about.

Balcony cameras are generally cameras placed on the bridge wing (and sometimes near the stern) that simply look along the side of the ship. They can see a person climbing over a railing or jumping off the ship, but do not have a view of the balcony other then at the edge of the railing. One big exception would be on Grand Class Princess ships where there is a deck of open balconies (for the mini-suites) which offer no privacy.

Hank

And, in the eight years since this thread was started, there's a new source of 'peeping' - at least near shore and in ports people are reporting drones hovering near ships and they are sending photos to some unknown place.

First time I travelled on Canberra, they had clay pigeon shooting from the stern. I've not seen it since - but if there are drones around, then perhaps it would be a good time to reintroduce it? :-)

Edited by dsrdsrdsr

Interesting you should mention drones. Our Cruise Director had said he had not been allowed to operate his drone in the Asian ports we had just visited, but then when we docked at KL, there was a drone hovering over the Century, I assumed it was hi,s as he had stated that this was his intention - to capture the ship. another gadget to weigh up!!!

Someone mentioned satellites, I wouldn't really worry about them. I don't think their resolution is good enough to count hairs. Oh, on the other hand if you are worried about a little less resolution then, maybe you should behave.:p