Which Itinerary is the Better one between these?

CrusinAgain

The main objective is to see what is left of the Fall colors and we have never been to New England before. These would be the only dates we could take due to work. The 10 day right now is same price as 7 day but different cruise line. Any thoughts, suggestions, don't miss ports, please let us know.

7 Day Cruise - Leaves Oct. 19

Depart NY 5 pm

Day 2: Newport 7 am -2 p.m.

Day 3: Boston 8 am - 5 pm

Day 4: Bar Harbor 7 am - 6 pm

Day 5: St. John 8 am - 5 pm

Day 6: Halifax 9 am - 6 pm

Day 7: At Sea

Day 8: Return to NY 7:15 a.m.

10 Day Cruise - Leaves Oct. 18

Depart NY 4 pm

Day 2: Boston 12:30 pm - 8 pm

Day 3: At Sea

Day 4: Halifax 8 am - 4 pm

Day 5: At Sea

Day 6: Quebec City 9 am - 9 pm

Day 7: At Sea

Day 8: Charlottetown - 7 am - 6 pm

Day 9: Sydney 8 am - 4 pm

Day 10: At Sea

Day 11: Return to NY 8 am

Thank you. :)

They are both very nice. Personally, I like the second one because the cruise is longer. The place that you are missing in the second one that I do like for foliage is Bar Harbor, Maine but the second itinerary give you a longer cruise plus Quebec City which is a very beautiful city. So, I would tend to go with the second one because it will give you more time to enjoy the cruise and lots to see.

We just took a cruise from NYC to Montreal earlier this year and had a wonderful time. Very nice ports, pretty scenery and just a very enjoyable cruise.

Keith

We did the ten day on NCL this fall and it was wonderful! This year they are using a differnt (newer) ship and stopping at Charlottetown instead of Corner Brook, NF, where we stopped. I would highly reccomend the ten day! Also Qubec is wonderful. The only downside is that there is no stop in Bar Harbor.

We hope to take the 10 day on Sept 28 again!

We did the ten day on NCL this fall and it was wonderful! This year they are using a differnt (newer) ship and stopping at Charlottetown instead of Corner Brook, NF, where we stopped. I would highly reccomend the ten day! Also Qubec is wonderful. The only downside is that there is no stop in Bar Harbor.

We hope to take the 10 day on Sept 28 again!

Does Charlottetown offer something better than Corner Brook like points of interest or scenery? Had the leaves changed when you went since we would go about 2 weeks later?

I am just looking into what is available in Charlottetown on PEI. We LOVED Corner Brook - we took the all day excursions to Gros Morne National Park and is was beautiful! I am not sure why NCL changed this port of call. Many people who did not take the trip to the National Park, were complaining that there was nothing in the town.

We went from Sept 13 - 23 this year, and the leaves were just starting to turn in the northernmost ports, but everything was very late this year, due to the lack of rain. I have alway heard that the first week in October was optimal for most of these ports. Sailing towards the end of Oct,you may have missed the peak veiwing in the northernmost ports, but there should still be plenty of color. It always depends on the kind of sping and summer weather they have.

It was wonderful to have those days at sea to just relax, instead of running off the ship every day for a long day of touring. I highly reccomend the 20 day NCL - just bring lots of layered clothing. It was very warm when we went, but it can get quite cold and windy in Oct in some of these ports. Don't even think you will be able to spend much time out on deck, because out at see it is very cold and windy and FOGGY.

I was making the same decision (see my thread on this board). Between the two you selected, I would choose the 10-night. We decided on the 9-night itinerary on Explorer of the Seas out of Bayonne, NJ with all Canadian ports. I like the longer port times on your 10-night itinerary better than on our cruise, but NCL is an unknown to me, and I'm familiar with RCI.

I went Oct 15th 2 years ago and we were too early for colors. I think the time you are going is good.

I really liked Newport and Bar Harbor.... Too bad the longer cruise doesn't have these ports as these were my favorites.

Neither choice overnights in Quebec City. Celebrity Constellation (12 or 13 nights roundtrip) and the Sea Princess (10 nights one-way) overnight in QC. I considered switching to one of those ships, but it isn't worth the additional $1000+ (to me) to have a few more hours in the Canadian ports. That's what land trips are for. :)

I went Oct 15th 2 years ago and we were too early for colors. I think the time you are going is good.

I really liked Newport and Bar Harbor.... Too bad the longer cruise doesn't have these ports as these were my favorites.

What might be too early or just right in New England is probably too late for the Canadian ports the OP is considering. You almost need to start the cruise in Canada and travel south if going in October.

Well I appreciate all the comments but due to my sister's work, we cannot go any earlier than after the Oct. 15th tax deadline at her work (accountant's). Celebrity does have a good itinerary but unless those prices come way down I doubt we could afford that since we cruise twice a year within a cruise budget. We don't need to see changing of color all over but it would be nice to see it somewhere on the trip.

Well I appreciate all the comments but due to my sister's work, we cannot go any earlier than after the Oct. 15th tax deadline at her work (accountant's). Celebrity does have a good itinerary but unless those prices come way down I doubt we could afford that since we cruise twice a year within a cruise budget. We don't need to see changing of color all over but it would be nice to see it somewhere on the trip.

I understand that you go when you can. Our cruise leaves NJ Oct. 9th, and I hope it isn't too late for fall colors in Canada. With so few cruises to Canada and New England, I wouldn't expect prices to come down.

Archived