Eastern Caribbean vs. Mexican Riviera

blanquita79

Since you loved your Western Caribbean cruise, I strongly suggest you take the Eastern next. The water in the Pacific can not compare to the Caribbean! It is not nearly as clear. The beaches on the Mexican Riviera tend to be rather coarse sand and not white, as some of the beaches in the Caribbean are. Also, in my experience, the ocean at these beaches tends to be overall rougher than I have experienced in the Caribbean. I would do all the routes in the Caribbean before doing the Mexican Riviera. I have repeated many ports in the Caribbean, but am not interested in repeating any ports on the Mexican Riviera. One of my favorite ports is St. Martin, usually included in an Eastern cruise. The town is lovely and quaint, the beaches spectacular, the shopping great! World famous Orient Beach is on St. Martin. There is so much to do and see in St. Thomas from beaches, to snorkeling, to day sails, to an island tour, to a ferry over to St. John with its spectacular Trunk Bay. I could go on and on!! Love the Caribbean!

Thanks for all the great answers. In response to your question Keith, our favorite stop on Western Caribbean was Isla Roatan, Honduras. It was so undeveloped and beautiful. The snorkeling was awesome too. That was our favorite hands down.

My hubby said some of the greastest snorkling he has done is at Turk and Caicos and Bermuda. He wants to go back to both now that he is a certified scuba diver.

Ofcourse Bermuda is not in the caribbean but many of the 9-10 cruises out of NY will go to Bermuda and some spots in the caribbean.

Thanks for all the great answers. In response to your question Keith, our favorite stop on Western Caribbean was Isla Roatan, Honduras. It was so undeveloped and beautiful. The snorkeling was awesome too. That was our favorite hands down.
Roatan is one of our favorite ports also. IMHO it is the least developed of all ports that we have been to (about 35 +/- in the past 5 years). It's a port we recommend for those who want to see something other than a Diamonds International, etc. when they get off the ship;) Of course, that will probably change with the expansion of the dock, possible new dock being built on the other side of the island and a new mall being built east of Coxen Hole (I think it includes a Wendy's:eek: )

We're not snorkelers but, if it is really important to this cruise, I would have to suggest another Caribbean vs the Mexican Riviera.

Charlie

Archived