Motels In Galveston

titleist

• 2 weeks later...
Am sailing on Conquest & need info on motels & parking in Galveston. your help would be appreciated. Also, am 1st time cruiser, anything i really need to know? Thanks.

Our cruise is 01/27/08 and we're staying at the Baymont Inn & Suites in Galveston. Haven't stayed there before but read some good reviews. Don't have any info on parking, sorry. We're using a Limo service from Houston to hotel.

My best tip for cruising is to arrive a day early. I have finally convienced all my crusing friends of this. This way you're not so tired when you get on the ship the first day and also not anxious about airline delays. Other tips would be - don't overpack and allow room for items you buy. I fill partial suitcase with bubble wrap when packing and then have the bubble wrap in case I need to pad items on the return. If not needed, I can still use to secure clothes or discard on ship. Another favorite is my plastic see-thru shoe bag I hand on closet/bathroon door in room Great to keep small items hand at all times. Be sure you use see-thru pockets.

HAVE FUN. YOU'LL GET HOOKED ON CRUISING!!!

Am sailing on Conquest & need info on motels & parking in Galveston. your help would be appreciated. Also, am 1st time cruiser, anything i really need to know? Thanks.

We have stayed at several motels on Galveston with our faves being the Holiday Inn on the Beach and the Best Western. Both are close to shopping and food. HI has free parking for cruise guest and a free shuttle service, but their prices get high during the tourist season. On our first cruise in Dec. it was $100 a night. Our next trip was in March and the cost went to $175.

EZ Park is a good place to park if you want to drive to the terminal. It is only a couple of blocks from the ship and is easy to find. Galveston is easy to navigate, just copy a map off of the net. You can even find the Walmart on Seawall Blvd.;)

I always park at EZCruise which gives you $5 off if you pay online. I pay the night before and print everything off. There is another parking lot I cant remember the name of which is usually $5 less. EZCruise is $50 for a 7 night cruise, better than most ports. Several of the motels will give you free parking but then you have to pay a taxi.

EZCruise they wear bright yellow shirts with their logo and you can spot them easily when you get off your cruise to jump into one of their vans to transport you back to your car with your luggage. They have two lots.

I always park at EZCruise which gives you $5 off if you pay online. I pay the night before and print everything off. There is another parking lot I cant remember the name of which is usually $5 less...

The other parking lot:

http://www.lighthouseparking.org/

And the other two cruise parking lots:

http://www.ezcruiseparking.com/

http://www.portofgalveston.com/cruis.../parking.shtml

Hoping this additional information will be helpful,

Kat110105_emYA42_prv.gif

We liked the Holiday Inn on the Beach. We stayed there the night before the cruise, they keep the car for the week for free and they shuttle bussed us back and forth to the pier. It was great in December and we'll do it again next January.

• 2 weeks later...
We liked the Holiday Inn on the Beach. We stayed there the night before the cruise, they keep the car for the week for free and they shuttle bussed us back and forth to the pier. It was great in December and we'll do it again next January.

Havinsnest, I was wondering if you could give me any details about Holiday Inn. My family and I will be staying there the 9th of Feb. I liked the idea of the parking and shuttled included. The less I have to coordinate the better.

Thanks, Kay

Gaido's is a very old motel in Galveston. It's owned by the same family that owns Gaido's and Casey's, restaurants which are right next door to the motel. However, with all the choices of lodging in Galveston this is one that would be at the bottom of my list. We live in SE Texas and have spent many weekends in Galveston plus had many day trips over the last 29 years...there are many, many, hotels to choose from. Check out www.galveston.com for more information about island lodging.

I was checking for you and you should be able to get a pretty good deal because you're leaving in October and that's out of season for Galveston. I checked the Hilton on Seawall Blvd. and you can get a room there for $99. That's pretty cheap...you can check the LaQuinta on Seawall Blvd. A standard double is $71 (no gulf view). I also checked a Howard Johnson Express Inn which is down on Harborside Drive not too far from Interstate 45 and the pier...it's only $55 per night. I don't have any idea what it's like inside...I've only passed by there and viewed it from the road. It's cheap because it's close to the industrial part of town. If it were me...I'd go for the Hilton for $99 per night. It's on Seawall Blvd. with a view of the Gulf and I think you can park there for free. Worth checking out! Well, those are some options for you to try. Good luck and I hope I helped a little bit!

Archived