hotel miami intercontinental

shecat7

Hi Steve, I had breakfast in the hotel....it was pricey but very good.:D

They have a buffet with an omlette station......it is about 21.00 per

person.

Can't remember what stores are in the area. I arrived after dark the previous night

and after breakfast I just got a cab to the pier. From the hotel

to the Port of Miami it was only about 7.00.

The hotel is absolutely beautiful. The Conceirge can help you with stores

and such.

Have a great cruise:)

hi staying here post cruise

is the bayside mall far away taxi or walk?

were can you by wine nearby

many thanks steve

We stayed at the Intercontinental back in August. Very nice relaxing post cruise hotel! As far as places to buy wine there are liquor stores located in the area. Your best bet to find the closest one would be to call the hotel direct and ask them. They were great about reccomendations when we stayed there. The conceirge service was excellent. Bayside is a short walk down by the water front. There's a walkway that goes right from the hotel to Bayside. Keep in mind that you may see groups of homeless people on the benches and such. They didn't bother anyone and seem content just to watch everyone walking by. The area is well lit at night and many people walking to and from the hotel along this walkway. Enjoy your stay :)

We stayed at the Intercontinental Hotel in early Dec. of 2006 and got it on Hotwire for only $93 per night. I see it is MUCH higher now.:eek:

When we pulled up in the taxi and saw the entryway steps, lobby, and bellmen waiting outside for us, this little country girl from northern Maine said "Oh WOW!" :) I've NEVER stayed in a place this impressive. Our room was on the 26th floor with a great view of the city. Be sure to check out the pool, hot tub, and jogging track --I think it was on the 5th floor outdoors, VERY NICE!

It's a nice, short walk on a wonderful pathway to Bayside Market. You pass a great fountain along the way, a small beach sand area with adirondack chairs to sit in and also a little mini park with side paths. Be sure to check it all out. There is free musical entertainment outside the market on Friday and Saturday nights that we enjoyed. Bubba Gump Resturant is in the Market. We plan to eat there on our next cruise trip in 17 days.

Kathy in Maine

Steve...Great choice! We stayed there in October before a cruise and loved it. Bayside is so close and you can also walk right into downtown Miami. Shouldn't be a problem to find some good wine. My DH and I walked around and were able to find a good cigar shop for him.

Hope you enjoy it.

Archived