Disappointed with my latest Captain's Club "Departures"

tmt9367

What aggravated me the most is the lack of tact on the part of Celebrity.

They sent us (I am the Tom of Brigittetom) a personalized CC coupon rubbing it in that others would be getting $150 off our sailing for which we are not eligible.

All of their replies have been the form letters that mention benefits like double CC cruise credits (I had mentioned that we are already Elite members) and based on a CC survey, a booking window was desired. How many CC members do you think would vote for restricted coupons? They now have not answered my last reply in a week.:(

I don't know if it is lack of training, a don't care attitude or just lack of common sense, but 90% of the time, Celebrity,Captain's Club and Guest Relations has a pat answer before they hear the question. Or they politely listen to your problem and then give a totally irrevelant pat answer.

We still think Celebrity fits our style better than most cruise lines, but there is definitely room for improvement in the customer service aspect.

I am really going to try, but this one has been a pain. First the hurricane, my airplane ticket has been changed 3 times and I am now the proud owner of 2 tickets! Maybe one will work! LOL!!

Then I was having a breakdown trying to get this foster dog into another home so that Imdidn't have to board him along with my 2. That finally came through tonight. I have to drive him 130 miles tomorrow night, but at least he'll have a good foster home until he's neutered and adopted!

Maybe things are starting to come together! I NEED A MARTINI!! Or better yet a pitcher!:D

I am also VERY unhappy with the 2005/2006 itineraries, as Celebrity has shifted many of their sailings to longer, more expensive, and more west coast based sailings. For those looking for a 7 day sailing from South Florida, (for much of the season) they will have to look elsewhere, and that to me, was an out & out awful decision.

I am also very disappointed that Summit was moved from Ft Lauderdale to the West Coast for much of the schedule. Surely, that is good news for those of you who live in the LA area, but Celebrity has left very little out there for their East Coast Cruisers. Just not good planning at all if you ask me.

Andy

I am thrilled with the 2005/2006 itineraries - we prefer the longer cruises and even more thrilled that we can sail Summit to Hawaii instead of Infinity. Florida/East Coast people are not the entire sailing public - get over yourself.

It sounds like Celebrity is going back to the old Captain's Club coupons - based on booking date between two days. It was that way when we first joined back in 92 when you had to pay a fee. We never qualified for a coupon because we always booked before the date listed on the coupon. I was so glad when the book between dates were removed and a book by date was used - I finally got to use the coupons.

Oh well, is this going to make me change from Celebrity - no quite yet - but this is just another thing to list on the negative side along with priority embarkation and debarkation being a joke for Captain's Club members since the fee was removed and the membership skyrocketed. When the negative list is longer than the positive list, then it will be time for a change.

I am thrilled with the 2005/2006 itineraries - we prefer the longer cruises and even more thrilled that we can sail Summit to Hawaii instead of Infinity. Florida/East Coast people are not the entire sailing public - get over yourself.

Hello Senga...

Wow, I have been here for several years, and I FINALLY got flamed. I knew it was going to happen one of these days, but I sure dont think I deserve it.

I will try my best to be cordial, as I am in ALL of my posts. I pride myself on being as nice as possible to everyone on here. Too bad I cant say the same for you.

I would say telling me to "Get over myself" as you clearly put it, was totally RUDE and not called for.

I was just stating my opinion, and if you didnt like it, all you had to do was move on to the next thread. OR make your comments in a more courteous way.

My comments were NOT about myself in the least. Celebrity has countless loyal customers on the East Coast, and it would be difficult for many of them to travel to the West Coast. I am ALL for Celebrity having cruises out of the West Coast, but I do feel the schedule is very unbalanced for 2005/2006. Thats my opinion, and I stick by that. I am entitled to my opinion, thank you very much.

So you know (as If I even owe you the courtesy of a reply) the reason I feel this way, is NOT because of me, but for the elderly Cruisers who are not able to travel as easily others can travel. I am not the issue at all. I typically travel with people that are approaching age 80. THEY are the people I worry about.

In addition, if you recall, (if not, scroll up to my original post) I DID say that there would be many who live on the West Coast who will be happy with these decisions. I am sure you are one of them, and thats great for you !

Ok, I vented. I think I have "gotten over myself" LOL

Next time, please try to think before you attack someone. Let us all make our comments. When I dont like something, I dont attack someone, and you should try to be a better person in this community. Thank goodness 99.9 % of the people here are absolutely wonderful. I hope you will join us.

Regards,

Andy

I used to love sailing out of LA when I lived there because is was just a short drive to the port. I have to admit though that now we stick to sailing out of Florida because I'm not a good flyer and there isn't a tranquilizer out there that would last me until landing in LA. :D

Thanks Phil but it's still there. This thread was missing for a little while, I guess the hosts didn't find my post offensive enough. :) By the way what a beautiful picture of your vacation place. I noticed you didn't win the Water Relief raffle. :D

I have elite status with Celebrity and called them because I never got Captains Club for the last 9 months. They said they were running late. after verifing my address.

Hi Richard !

I heard a new Captains Club Magazine is in the mail. I have not recieved mine either, but hopefully we will get it soon. I look forward to it.

Regards,

Andy

Just received our new Captain's Club Magazine in the mail. This is in addition to the email version we received in August. Both are basically identical. Personally, still no coupons for the cruises we have booked. Maybe next issue.

I do not blame Celebrity for moving ships to the west coast. The hurricanes in the Atlantic and Caribbean this season have hurt all the cruise lines with ship sailing from there in the bottom line. The difference for me flying from Cleveland to Florida or California is only about $25, makes sense to me. You are thinking with you heart and they are thinking with their wallets. Even Disney is moving a ship tihe west cost for a trial run. Remember Princess started as a west coast line. I am a little tired of sailing the St. Thomas and on some Caribbean cruises do not even get off the ship. If it don't worik they will move the ships back, that's why we have the canal. Also saves on the high canal tolls.

I do not blame Celebrity for moving ships to the west coast. The hurricanes in the Atlantic and Caribbean this season have hurt all the cruise lines with ship sailing from there in the bottom line. The difference for me flying from Cleveland to Florida or California is only about $25, makes sense to me. You are thinking with you heart and they are thinking with their wallets. Even Disney is moving a ship tihe west cost for a trial run. Remember Princess started as a west coast line. I am a little tired of sailing the St. Thomas and on some Caribbean cruises do not even get off the ship. If it don't worik they will move the ships back, that's why we have the canal. Also saves on the high canal tolls.

Hi Richard !

I guess what it will all come down to, is how they do out on the West Coast next season, with so many more cabins available for booking.

About your hurricaine comment.... I am pretty sure that until this season, hurricaines have not affected the Florida Cruise departures very much over the past few years. This has been, by far, one of the worst hurricaine seasons in many many years.

Even with this seasons problems, the financial papers have been reporting that Cruise Line profits will not get hurt dramatically this year.

I am sure Celebrity must think this is a good decision, but it does have risk. On one hand, any business that wants to succeed, needs to take risks at times. On the other hand, I have seen a few cruise lines over the years take some unusual risks, and they are no longer in business.

I know I have taken a beating from a few people who are very happy about these changes..... I also know that there are many on the East Coast who are not happy about this. And in the end, that what opinions are for <smile>.

I guess we will all have to take a wait and see approach, and see if it works out well for them.

Regards,

Andy

Think about it. All of the cruise lines that have had a very successful lucritive sailing expierience out of Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Cape Canaveral. Do any of you honestly think that the cruise lines are moving to the West Coast?? Possibly some ships are moving to the West Coast. That doens't mean they are leaving the East Coast. I've read too many comments on this board about how they are all putting out too many ships. Maybe they are just disretristributing them. ??? You can't complain at the same time how they are putting out too many ships and how you don't have enough sailing out of your port.

You asked for it you got it. :)

I for one am happy with Celebrity's decision to keep 3 ships on the west coast. I am elite with both Princess and Celebrity and have 7 cruises with HAL. I deal quite often with a San Diego agent for west coast cruises. My daughter lives in San Diego so I have a local address for them to send the tickets to, using this address has gotten me California regional specials in the past. My daughter signs for them when they come. I do not think they will get the prices they want with the glut of ships on the west coast. Yes Andy, Celebrity has made one repeater happy. I regularly read the San Diego newspaper in our library looking for bargain. This may be the nicest Christmas present that Celebrity could give me.

X not giving us the $100 (coupon) credit for our '05 cruise on the Milie really has us steamed. It is the second time a promise made when booking on board was not honored. Last year we were told that our price was protected and any future discounts or coupons would be honored. Not!

Two years ago when we booked our '04 cruise we were told since we were flying from Seattle to Ft. Lauderdale we would be entitled to a free night in a hotel just like we got in '03. When our TA tried to get the room X said the on board person did not have the authority to make the hotel offer. We ended up doing our own air and hotel and saved $ doing so - it it the principle of the thing that is wrong.

Word to the wise - if something is promised when you are booking on board be sure to get it in writing.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. It won't happen again to us!!

X is losing it! We are hooked on them but will now at least consider other lines when we choose our next cruise.

I vote with Andy with reference to east/west coast sailings.

As a New Yorker, my options are Canada (2 sailings a year), the transatlantic (also VERY few) and a slew of Bermuda sailings ..... BUT

I do not care for Bermuda because they have the same ships going - Zenith or Horizon. I'm not crazy for these as neither have balcony cabins unless you go for a suite. Also, IMHO, who wants to be docked in Bermuda for as long as they are? I'm one of those people who love sea days!

I don't factor-in Florida sailings when I think of East coast departures, because I still have to fly there from NY. So yes, the East coast does have plenty of departures; just NOT from the NORTHeast . . .

Archived