Cunard Webcams (See where they are)

jgsmuzzy

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I thought it owuld be fun to watch the QM2 pull into port and dock. But the camera updates about every 20 minutes and is frequently 30-40 minutes behind real time. The QV pictures updates every few minutes, but the QM2 seem to be stuck.

Is this normal?

I thought it owuld be fun to watch the QM2 pull into port and dock. But the camera updates about every 20 minutes and is frequently 30-40 minutes behind real time. The QV pictures updates every few minutes, but the QM2 seem to be stuck.

Is this normal?

It's been like that for a while now with the QM2. All 3 ships used to update every 2 minutes. Both the QM2 and the QV webcams are sometimes lacking in good colour as well.

Never any probs with QE's webcam as someone on the "QM2 in Dubai with QE2" thread points out.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Any idea why the cam reverted to July 1 this evening? I was looking forward to seeing her plow through hurricane Bill.

Julie

I've noticed a few of them revert to older dates when there are no images available.

With regards to QM2, try going to http://ShipWatcher.com. Select QM2 from the "Preferences" menu, and click on the green "play" button that looks like this PlayHS.png. That should show you some recent images. That way, even if the camera loses its current feed, you still have access to recent images.

On that page there's a database of QM2 images going back a couple of years if you're really keen :)

Today, the 24th, it's saying on the QM2 Web Cam that it's the 25th. That is better than it being July yesterday, but if they have so many issues with the Web Cam, one wonders about other systems on board.

Keep in mind, depending on where the ship is, the ship could be a day ahead of the USA.

Keep in mind, depending on where the ship is, the ship could be a day ahead of the USA.

Yes, I thought of that, but even with the time difference it was still on the wrong day.

Still, whatever day they have, it is wonderful to watch her travels through the eyes of the web cam!

Lesley

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

whilst on QM2 in January someone must have nudged the web-cam which was then pointing within the Bridge and we could watch "the privileged few" meandering around the Bridge - Princess/Queens guests.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived