Recommended free port of miami shuttle/parking hotels?

katandale

no such animal! Every hotel that i've researched at or near the port charges you for one or the other or both. Even if they offer free parking after your precruise stay (some offer 7 nights some 14) they still sock you with a fairly high per person shuttle charge. So, you won't find any good deals when it comes to parking in Miami. Nothing is cheap there!:mad:

Happy cruising :)

Barb

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Miami International Airport also. It DOES have a free shuttle to the port, and the airport. None back from the port though.

I have to say, it was a dump. Even with the free shuttle, I'll never stay there again.

Now the Holiday Inn Miami Airport West (Doral) is pretty nice, as is the Holiday Inn Port of Miami.

The Holiday Inn Miami Airport (1111 S Royal Poinciana Blvd Miami Springs, Florida 33166) is the one with the free port shuttle though... and is a dump.

The Holiday Inn Miami Airport West (Doral) is pretty nice...

That was a nice hotel, we stayed there pre-cruise in December. Free shuttle to/from the airport. The shuttle will also take you w/in a couple of mile radius, so it can get you to the Dolphin Mall which has some good places to eat (have to cab it home though, the shuttle won't come get you). The restaurant/pub at the hotel actually was pretty fun on a Friday night also -- lots of locals.

I don't think they had a shuttle to the cruise port did they? We took a $35 cab ride.

• 7 months later...

I have found 3 hotels, The Laquinta airport-east miami that offers u a free shuttle to the port however u have to fine your own way back. They say u can park in their lot for free for the week.( Cost for a nights stay is around $130.00( taxi fare about $25 from port they said )

The 2nd hotel which is nicer looking cost a few more $$ which is the Hampton inn-blue lagoon at $200 a night which offers secured 7 nights parking free, but no shuttle to the port. They say they can arrange shuttle for u for about $10 a person.

The 3rd is the summerfield suites which is most expensive at $240 a night for a 1 bedroom suite however, free parking in their lot for a week but no shuttle service.

Personally the Hampton-inn looks and sounds the best bet at around $240 for 2 people/ more than 2 take a taxi to /from port.( parking at port is $20 a day so hotel is only costing u really $100.which you can't beat anywhere in maimi for a night stsy at a nice

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Red Roof Inn: Clean and definitely tolerable for an overnight stay (they offer a free shuttle to/from MIA Airport AND free shuttle to Port of Miami): http://www.redroof.com/reservations/property-detail.aspx?pid=00255#tab

ParkSleepFly.com: which offers travelers real-time park and fly reservations at hundreds of airport hotels worldwide: http://www.parksleepfly.com/index.php?referredBy=5800&source=pjn&subid=48741

I just talked with the Fairfield Inn Miami Airport/Doral area. They have a park, sleep, cruise package for $149 for November. It covers 14 days of parking, overnight stay, and the transportation to the port at 10 am, 11, or 12 (on the day we need to get to the port), which you reserve your time the night before. Transportation back to the hotel is not provided. Hope this helps.

Best Western on the Bay has a free airport shuttle (limited hours, not around the clock) and a shuttle to the port. If you book the cruise package that comes at a higher rate than the other rates, they toss in the shuttle to the port included. Or you can book at one of the other rates, they offer many discounts like AAA, online, non-refundable etc, and I think it is around $30 for those booked in one room for the port shuttle.

It isn't at port of miami though, it is up in north bay village. They have free parking, free breakfast, and a restaurant called Shuckers that is popular with the locals.

Best Western on the Bay has a free airport shuttle (limited hours, not around the clock) and a shuttle to the port. If you book the cruise package that comes at a higher rate than the other rates, they toss in the shuttle to the port included. Or you can book at one of the other rates, they offer many discounts like AAA, online, non-refundable etc, and I think it is around $30 for those booked in one room for the port shuttle.

It isn't at port of miami though, it is up in north bay village. They have free parking, free breakfast, and a restaurant called Shuckers that is popular with the locals.

http://pictures.cruisecritic.com/data/510/medium/Best_Western_1.jpg

http://pictures.cruisecritic.com/data/510/Best_western_2.jpg

I live in North Bay Village and am no fan of Shuckers.

The other favorite of taxi-phobic cruisers, the La Quinta East at MIA, also gets good TripAdvisor reviews. Both are "ok" motels. Neither is as nice as a typical airport hotel. Neither is well-located. Neither is on anyone's list of the top 100 hotels in the Miami area. Neither is especially cheap. However, both offer a "free" shuttle to the port.

The other favorite of taxi-phobic cruisers, the La Quinta East at MIA, also gets good TripAdvisor reviews. Both are "ok" motels. Neither is as nice as a typical airport hotel. Neither is well-located. Neither is on anyone's list of the top 100 hotels in the Miami area. Neither is especially cheap. However, both offer a "free" shuttle to the port.

You are not going to be staying at a "see & be seen" sort of place here, that's for sure. :D And BW's port shuttle isn't even free unless you book the expensive cruise package. But it did somewhat fit the question posed by the OP.

You are not going to be staying at a "see & be seen" sort of place here, that's for sure. :D And BW's port shuttle isn't even free unless you book the expensive cruise package. But it did somewhat fit the question posed by the OP.

You are, of course, correct. I didn't intend any criticism of your posts. I just wanted the OP and other readers to consider that there are other factors I think they should consider in choosing a hotel beside the availability of shuttles.

You are, of course, correct. I didn't intend any criticism of your posts. I just wanted the OP and other readers to consider that there are other factors I think they should consider in choosing a hotel beside the availability of shuttles.

Thanks. I think I understand where you are coming from. I would probably have much the same reaction on hearing a traveler was planning on visiting Seattle and staying at a motel at SeaTac.

We stayed at La Quinta East which had the free shuttle. It was brutal. At the time there were no restaurants to walk to (Benigan's was closed) and the shuttle to the port at noon (first one) left well after 12:30 getting us to the Port with 75% of everyone else... Never again.

This past cruise we stayed at La Quinta West and although there was no free shuttle, the rates were lower more than enough to cover a taxi. There were 4 of us, though.

Both offer free airport shuttle and both make you wait at the airport what seems like forever. We even called for the shuttle as soon as we got off the plane and still had to wait about 30 mins after retrieving our luggage.

Taxis all around next time!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived