Concierge Lounge?

pinkrosesdeb

We have never done an X cruise. We are Diamond cruisers with RCCL. We almost always book a suite and are used to the concierge lounge. Are there any X ships that have the lounge or do they only have butler service? We are wondering how we would like it if we switch over and try X. Any comparisons either positive or negative would be appreciated.

We have never done an X cruise. We are Diamond cruisers with RCCL. We almost always book a suite and are used to the concierge lounge. Are there any X ships that have the lounge or do they only have butler service? We are wondering how we would like it if we switch over and try X. Any comparisons either positive or negative would be appreciated.

Celebrity does not have a concierge lounge on any of their ships.

No concierge Lounge on X,:( but the Butler service is sure nice.:D

We wish they did. We'd much prefer a concierge lounge where we could pop in for a quick snack or to book shore excursions, etc. than to get lame appetizers sent to the room. :rolleyes:

Sometimes I think I'm the only person on this forum who actually likes those little canapes in the CC rooms. I wonder what that says about me? :eek:

Sometimes I think I'm the only person on this forum who actually likes those little canapes in the CC rooms. I wonder what that says about me? :eek:

I'm impressed that you actually were able to identify them! They were all mystery paste to me:D.

I'm impressed that you actually were able to identify them! They were all mystery paste to me:D.

We got ours through one of the Bon Voyage Packages, I assumed they were the same as the CC ones. Maybe I got better ones???

I loved the ones with little shrimp and caviar and stuff. I never had anything that looked like paste, thankfully!

We got ours through one of the Bon Voyage Packages, I assumed they were the same as the CC ones. Maybe I got better ones???

I loved the ones with little shrimp and caviar and stuff. I never had anything that looked like paste, thankfully!

Caviar? Not on ours. We got dried out little pieces of bread with weird paste on them, for the most part. Truly awful, frankly.

I would enjoy it if they would bring instead something like the lovely cheeses served in the specialty restaurants.

Caviar? Not on ours. We got dried out little pieces of bread with weird paste on them, for the most part. Truly awful, frankly.

I would enjoy it if they would bring instead something like the lovely cheeses served in the specialty restaurants.

Now wouldn't that be nice?

You can request an assorted cheese and cracker tray, on our last X cruise we had a different assortment each day. Cheddar, Havarti, Swiss, Brie, Feta one day, Gouda, mainly water crackers and butter crackers, saltines one day. Not exactly gourmet but nice. We also didn't mind the canapes, some were better than others.

You can request an assorted cheese and cracker tray, on our last X cruise we had a different assortment each day. Cheddar, Havarti, Swiss, Brie, Feta one day, Gouda, mainly water crackers and butter crackers, saltines one day. Not exactly gourmet but nice.

Sounds like a plan! Thanks for the tip. :)

can someone please describe this Concierge Lounge?

Open all day via key card access to full suite guests and Diamond and D+ members. We like it best for breakfast (European continental) and freshly ground coffee by the cup. We have the concierge make our dinner reservations and we often stop by for a quiet spot to enjoy.

The have complimentary cocktails and canapes for several hours each evening but it gets really packed and we generally don't bother.

On cruises where there are a high number of Diamond/Diamond Plus members, RCI opens an auxilary lounge in the evening for happy hour in addition to the regular Concierge Lounge (which is small and seats a limited number of people - may be 20 in the bigger lounges).

I doubt that Celebrity will ever institute a Concierge Lounge like RCI has. The costs are just too high. We had a long conversation with one of concierges in the lounge on an RCI ship about a year ago and I think RCI would do away with them if there was any way they could without an uprising from passengers. Think of all the RCI ships and the ever growing number of Diamond/Diamond Plus members.

Don't get me wrong, we love the Concierge lounge on the RCI ships and have met many wonderful cruisers while enjoying the lounge. I just don't think you'll see them on Celebrity anytime soon.

SusieV - You're not alone! My DH and I love them too. There's a wide enough selection that we always find several to enjoy. Actually, I assume that lots of people like/eat them or else X would just serve cheese and crackers.:)

OP - I know that HAL has a 'Concierge Lounge' but I didn't realize that RCCL does. X will sometimes close lounges to the general pax and set them aside for special groups/purposes but they don't have a specific 'Concierge Lounge' as I believe you mean it. I would assume that anything special you want done can be handled by Guest Services or the Excursions desk.

Happy cruising!:)

Denise

We also love the CL on the Royal Caribbean ships and their generous loyalty program. However, when we were booking our two upcoming cruises we were ready to give all of that up to have only one announcement per day. We have a Sky Suite for both cruises and are really excited.

We had a butler on our first cruise on Century and he was fantastic. When we came back from our excursions, he knew our schedule, we would have finger sandwiches, shrimp cocktail, and smoked salmon waiting for us along with whatever drink request we had; great service that far surpassed anything we had on RCL in suites.

We sailed RCI when the kids were with us....now it is just us!!:D

What is in them? I keep reading the negative reviews and to request cheese and crackers.

We had a butler on our first cruise on Century and he was fantastic. When we came back from our excursions, he knew our schedule, we would have finger sandwiches, shrimp cocktail, and smoked salmon waiting for us along with whatever drink request we had; quote]

Are the finger sandwiches and shrimp cocktail on the regular in dining room menu? Is this in CC class as well as the insides but you just need to call up and order?

What is in them? I keep reading the negative reviews and to request cheese and crackers.

Jade, we got several different kinds each day. Some had little shrimp, and some had caviar, and some had melon and prosciuttio, and things like that. I look forward to them and it's a small reason why I like booking the Premium Celebration Package through Bon Voyage- a nice little perk that we enjoy while we're getting dressed for dinner.

I don't know if the ones through the package are different from the regular ConciergeClass canapes. I do know that ours were pretty good!

Archived