• Married with children
    • Married without children
    • Partnered
    • Never married or partnered
    • Divorced
    • Widowed
    • Master's Degree
    • Ph.D, MD, JD, or DMD

Usha, I hope we get to cruise together some day:D I like you!;)

My brother has his PHD in Chemistry. There are certain things I have learned to avoid in conversation with him. Like..."I bet you can't name the entire periodic table of elements.":rolleyes: 30 minutes later...ok, so you can...LOL! He's NOT a snob in any way, but his discussions are way beyond my grasp. He is definately a geek, but I love him. We stick to things we both know.

LOL:D ....rucruizin, my brother-in- law has a few degrees....

one of them happens to be in Physics:eek:.....bet he and your

brother could have discussions of their own;)

And he is not a snob either....he is what I call

"well rounded". We talk football and its great!!!!

Usha, I hope we get to cruise together some day:D I like you!;)

My brother has his PHD in Chemistry. There are certain things I have learned to avoid in conversation with him. Like..."I bet you can't name the entire periodic table of elements.":rolleyes: 30 minutes later...ok, so you can...LOL! He's NOT a snob in any way, but his discussions are way beyond my grasp. He is definately a geek, but I love him. We stick to things we both know.

Let me know when he cruises and we can link his table with my DD who is also a Chemist....it goes right over my head. 6.gif

We've been on 30+ cruises on RCI, Cunard, HAL, NCL and the Hurtigruten along with a land tour to China and a Danube River cruise.

We have been at 6 or 8 or 10 top tables on all of our large ship cruises.

Not once has the subject of anyone's education level come up. It will be interesting to see if it does on our first Celebrity cruise next week since it seems to be a question many of the posters here ask of their tablemates.

Makes me wonder what the difference is between Celebrity PAX and other lines PAX.

FYI - The above was more fun than starting a poll asking if you asked your tablemates education level the first or second night so you know what level to keep your conversation.

And, no, the premise didn't upset me. I just thought it was humorous.

No college degree. Some college and a lot of night courses on subjects that interested me. Psychology, philosophy, business and computers.

Plus reading everything I could from the time I knew what a book was.

I can only speak for me but if my tablemate asked about my level of education I would find a new table.

OK, folks, the personal insults must stop. We have had to remove too many posts that violate our guidelines:

... Please, don't attack another poster or group of posters. Do not harass, threaten, embarrass, or do anything else to another member that is unwanted. This means: don't say bad things about them...

This thread has been closed.

Please use this opportunity to read and understand the guidelines to which all members agreed to conform when they registered.

Thanks.

Archived