Tell me if you think this would work?

mrstay

I sail on the Enchantment next week. Here are some ?s:

1) Anyone remember if the LA is available the first night of the sailings?

2) If the LA is available I want to book a next cruise with OBC of $100 that first night, which is Jan. 31. I then want to go online that same evening and reserve my cruise with Travelocity, which is offering a $100 OBC and Mastercard is offering $50. For a grand total of $250 OBC. Yes I will also use my Paltinum coupon and get $150 off of the cabin.

3) Think that will work?

4) Can the next cruise credit ($100 deposit) be on a cruise that is on a courtesy hold?

This all makes sense in my head, but does it make sense in that it will work?

No. It won't exactly work with a Next Cruise booking. You would have to ensure that (your online company) books the cruise using the same reservation number that you were assigned by Royal Caribbean. And you aren't really saving any money, because as soon you book a cruise, the balance of the deposit amount is required.

It might be possible to book the cruise onboard, you will receive OBC, and can use the coupon, pay the full deposit and then have the cruiseline transfer the booking to your online company. :)

The LA is usually available the first night of a cruise. That is up to her/him. A "next cruise" booking number has to be transferred to a selected cruise to maintain OBC. If you know what you want, just book it on board, advise the LA that you will be transferring it to your TA, and RCI will send the booking to the TA. Then you can get the TA's OBC and your coupon applied. I've never had an OBC from credit card, but that shouldn't be a problem for your TA to handle. "Next cruise" cannot be applied to a previously booked or held cruise. It must be for a totally unspecified time and shiip.

• 2 weeks later...
I sail on the Enchantment next week. Here are some ?s:

1) Anyone remember if the LA is available the first night of the sailings?

2) If the LA is available I want to book a next cruise with OBC of $100 that first night, which is Jan. 31. I then want to go online that same evening and reserve my cruise with Travelocity, which is offering a $100 OBC and Mastercard is offering $50. For a grand total of $250 OBC. Yes I will also use my Paltinum coupon and get $150 off of the cabin.

3) Think that will work?

4) Can the next cruise credit ($100 deposit) be on a cruise that is on a courtesy hold?

This all makes sense in my head, but does it make sense in that it will work?

I am happy to report that this did work, only I did not use the "next cruise" program. I made the reservation at 2:00 on the first day (while still in port) and received the $100 onboard credit. I had the LA list Travelocity as my travel agent. Then I took a seat on the C&A lounge and made my phone call to Travelocity. I had to do it that day since the sale was ending that night. I received an additional OBC of $100 from Travelocity and $50 for using my Mastercard. So I am no booked for a 7 night Mexican Riveria in November and received a total of $250 OBC. I also had picked a sailing of which I can use my C&A coupon, so I also saved $150 on the cabin price. Not too bad.

Tammy – I think you figured out all the angles. Now if you own 100 shares of stock you can get an additional $100 OBC.

M

No I do not own stock, but if I had I certainly would have done that too. I know how to work the system.

Tammy

When we booked NextCruise, we were given a specific phone number to call to book the actual cruise we wanted. The OBC is "attatched" to the specific booking number you were given with NextCruise--so you must use this same number to get your OBC. If you book your cruise by any other means, you will generate a new booking number and won't get the OBC.

When we booked NextCruise, we were given a specific phone number to call to book the actual cruise we wanted. The OBC is "attatched" to the specific booking number you were given with NextCruise--so you must use this same number to get your OBC. If you book your cruise by any other means, you will generate a new booking number and won't get the OBC.

You are correct. I though did not end up using the "next cruise" program, but did an actual booking.

Archived