Century FLL airport transportation

Sea Island Lady

Please read my post again.;) I do not wish to go from the port to the Miami airport. We need to go to FLL (Ft. Lauderdale). It's a good 40 minutes or more from the Port of Miami. Does Celebrity offer this service?

Someone just posted on their review (for the 2 day mini-cruise) that the meter was $80.00 from Miami port to FLL airport.

Try calling the FLL Ramada Inn Cruise/Airport and get the name and number of the transport company they use for picking up passengers and delivering them to both Miami and FLL cruise ports. I think it was something like DRS or DSX Trasport. We stayed at the Ramada the night before our cruise on the Volendam last November and there were several Carnival passengers staying there going to Miami CP and back to the FLL airport after their cruises. The Carnival people had flown into the FLL airport. I heard one of them say the trasport service charged $15 per person for the one way Maimi to FLL airport after the cruise. We used them to go from FLL Crusie port to FLL airport and the cost was $7 per person. Their van was waiting for us when we got off the Volendam at 8:30am and we walked into the FLL air terminal at 9:05.

Also check with the Miami port authority web site for other transport services that could help you.

Anyone know the cost of transportation form the ship, back to the FLL (not Miami) airport...if they offer this?

Hi, I used Celebrity's transfer last month. It is 28.00.

Hi, I used Celebrity's transfer last month. It is 28.00.

Thank you Lois! Just the answer I was looking for. I should have made my request clearer for the others, but you understood me anyway. :D Do you know if there was more than one bus leaving at different times. For instance we would like a later departure. We are in no hurry to get to the FLL airport. $28 pp is less than getting a cab and we can relax on the ride.

I could not find a place to sign up for the service ahead of time. Did you book on the ship?

Hi, I also wanted the lastest bus available because my flight

did not leave till 2:00pm.

I was told my particular sailing only had 2 buses to FLL...the first

one left in the 7:15am range.....mine was the 2nd and we left

about 9:15:rolleyes:

I would have much preferred to leave closer to 11;) but that

was not possible.

I wasn't spending 75.00 for a cab to leave later.

So the amount of buses depends on how many people are going

to FLL. (makes sense).

I signed up after I got on board. They charge it to your account.

Hope this helps:)

Yes, that helps!

Did the bus leave at 9:15, or did you have to be in the theater, etc.. by 9:15? What time did you get to the airport and did you still have to check your bags, or was it done dock side?

My color and time were 8:40 in the Celebrity Theater. I got there

before then and chatted with the Activity person who was in

charge of that area. I was friends with him from a prior cruise:)

so we had time to chat.

My color and number were called within about 10 minutes of the

"real time". I had no checked bags so went through immigration

and outside. The bus ended up leaving somewhere between

9:15 and 9:30 if memory serves.

Got to the airport before 10:30......no bags to check...sat

around the Sportsbar in the SW terminal and then at the gate.

There was a flight earlier I could have caught but the difference in

price was not worth it to me. Almost 100.00......no thanks. It is only

an hour from there to here (Jacksonville).

Please read my post again.;) I do not wish to go from the port to the Miami airport. We need to go to FLL (Ft. Lauderdale). It's a good 40 minutes or more from the Port of Miami. Does Celebrity offer this service?

I reread the post - it failed to mention which port you were leaving from and I didn't know Century was in Miami. Just trying to help...

No problem and I thank you! :) I was going for those that had knowledge of the Century. ;)

Lois - No luggage? :eek: Did you notice how others took care of their luggage?

Hi:) I meant all I had was carry on luggage. It was only a 4 night

cruise and I had a carry on and a tote bag.

There is an area where the regular luggage is located inside the

terminal. It is by color and number. You will find yours and then

follow the same thing I did.....go through immigration and then

outside to your bus.

OK, I was hoping celebrity would take care of the luggage (getting off ship and checking through airline) and we would not have to see it again until we got home. We may just carry ours off, too. We did that in September and it was fairly easy.

Hi,:) I never inquired about it so I cannot tell you anything.

Maybe someone who has used that service can give you

first hand information:)

Or, after you board the ship, go see the folks at Guest Relations

and ask them about it.

All--

It will make total sense when I write this, but it didn't sink it at first, and it appears from reading above that others have the same misconception.

The luggage valet program is a great deal for $20 pp. HOWEVER, you must claim your bags in the terminal after you leave the ship. From there, you go through customs to get cleared. They immediately take it from you again right outside, and you don't handle it again until you pick it up at your destination baggage claim.

It was definitely worth is for us as we had a lot of time before our flight and didn't want to deal with the luggage.

Sea Island lady

We used www.floridalimo.com to go from Miami to the port of FLL. They also go from the port of Miami to the FLL airport, and the cost was $18.00 per person. You should be able to give them a pickup time that's convenient for you.

Hi,...I was told they only have the FLL to Miami for the

18.00 shared ride...was told from the port of Miami back to FLL it runs

in the 60.00-70.00 range. That is weird:eek:

I'm also looking into flying into FLL and shuttling down to Miami to the Century. My problem is that I need to fly in a day early!! If I get back to the FLL airport the day of the cruise, can I still purchase Celebrity transfers if I don't have a flight # to give them for the day of the cruise?

We are flying in two days ahead and staying on the Ft. Lauderdale beach area. We were planning on taken a taxi down, because it is quicker. We would have to take a taxi from the hotel to the airport anyway.:rolleyes:

Also not sure when the transfers would leave from the airport, or even when the shared ride leaves, so a taxi just makes more sense. We were only considering the Celebrity transfer after the cruise.

Archived