Balcony or Extended Balcony on the Legend

CaribbeanKim

I am trying to decide which cabin to book for our cruise this June (2008). We are a family of 4, and members of Carnival Vacation Club (another story) and need to use all of our cruise points or loose them. I can get us into a Balcony cabin on the bow of the Panorama deck with no problem, and was going to book tomorrow...but my sister just booked her cruise (same ship & date) and had points leftover that she is giving me to use. I'd love to book a suite, but they are all located aft (over the engines)...Should I try to book an extended balcony instead? How much larger is the balcony? I see that extended balconies are all mid-ship, but we always try to book a cabin in the front because we love the "thrill of the ride".......How is the ride mid-ship compared to the bow?

Also, would you recommend port or starboard for this ship? We like to "people watch" when we are in port, so I'd like a cabin on the same side as the pier if possible.

Kim

The best cabin for 4 people is 6232-look on the deck plan just to see how big the balcony is. If it is available grab it NOW and make a decision later. This balcony would be bigger then any aft.

You really should not book a cabin on a certain side of the ship because it will be determined by the captain which side will be docked facing port.

One port will be one side-- the other side the next port.

aft balcony b283578778xGRsek_th.jpg

6232293683084CKyqeR_th.jpg

i dont know of an aft cabin that will hold 4 people.

on the front of each ship is a balcony/inside combo- 2 combos on ech deck- you might want to check that out too

Is 6232 a handicapped accessible cabin?

The best cabin for 4 people is 6232-look on the deck plan just to see how big the balcony is. If it is available grab it NOW and make a decision later. This balcony would be bigger then any aft.

You really should not book a cabin on a certain side of the ship because it will be determined by the captain which side will be docked facing port.

One port will be one side-- the other side the next port.

aft balcony b283578778xGRsek_th.jpg

6232293683084CKyqeR_th.jpg

i dont know of an aft cabin that will hold 4 people.

on the front of each ship is a balcony/inside combo- 2 combos on ech deck- you might want to check that out too

Here's the Legend's deck plans with the HC cabins noted.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/images/misc/ccl/ADA_Deckplan_SP.pdf

An extended balcony (the "regular" ones on the sides) is still not a huge balcony. There's room for the 2 chairs and small table. At least you can stretch out your legs, but it still isn't somewhere that 4 people could hang out for hours on end.

We booked 6232 on Miracle (sister ship) 2 years out for our Christmas 2008 cruise. It is the only extended balcony that holds 4, (it is an 8E) and it is not an HC room. The deck plans we checked say it is 100 sq. ft., compared to the 35 sq. ft. of a regular balcony.

Is 6232 a handicapped accessible cabin?

6232 is not a handicapped cabin-- 6234 next to it is. The handicapped cabins are the ones that sit sideways.

6232 is the only cabin that holds 4-- very rare will carnival allow only two people to book it- if so that person takes he chance of being moved. On the two decks above that cabin are cabins that hold two people with the most awesome balcony on the whole ship

Archived