Do I need a sweater?

Soon2beMrsL

I was reading a post the other day about it being windy on the outside decks while the ship is traveling fast, and that got me thinking...

Is it also cool outside then? Do I need a light sweater in the Caribbean? Pants?

Is it air conditioned inside, and cool there as well?

I know that when I travel to Florida for work (I live in the Midwest), its REALLY muggy outside, but FREEZING inside. Is this how it is on the ship? Thanks for your advice!

I was reading a post the other day about it being windy on the outside decks while the ship is traveling fast, and that got me thinking...

Is it also cool outside then? Do I need a light sweater in the Caribbean? Pants?

Is it air conditioned inside, and cool there as well?

I know that when I travel to Florida for work (I live in the Midwest), its REALLY muggy outside, but FREEZING inside. Is this how it is on the ship? Thanks for your advice!

Like your experience in Florida, the over airconditioning on some ships is uncomfortable and obnoxious and a ship load of passengers asking to raise the temperature always gets a "we can't do anything about it" answer.

On many ships you'll see lots of passengers walking around in clothing that would be too hot to wear out doors.

In our room, we turn off the a/c if we can and keep the balcony door open.

So, bring a light sweater for daytime and a shawl or two for evening.

For daytime outdoor excursions in the caribbean, it's unlikely that you'll need a sweater.

Soon2b3MrsL...I would bring a sweater, as some has posted, it's better to have one and not need it than to need one and not have it. I have cruised several times and all the ships that I have been on, got really cool at night.

I get cold easily and I needed a sweater or shawl in the dining room a few nights. My DH was fine in short sleeves at night (when he wasn't dressed nicely for dinner, of course). I bought a very inexpensive shawl onboard because I didn't have anything for formal night and my dress had bare shoulders.

Hi,:) as you can see, you will get varying opinions on how the ship

feels, temperature wise.

Normally I don't feel cold but "just in case" I always bring a light

cardigan with me and I throw in a warm up type jacket too.

cb at sea, what is cold to one person is normal to another.

I have seen folks who think the ship is really frigid so

they are happy they brought long sleeves with them.

We all seem to have different body temps;)

Its easier (in my opinion) to pack a light sweater and if you

need it then its there. If you end up cold and don't have anything,

it can be really uncomfortable.

Take a sweater! On a few cruises it was too cold in the diningroom or the weather was changing due to a trop storm(not even near us). As a displaced Floridian living in South Jersey, my bippy was more than half frozen, until I grabbed a wrap.

The only thing predictable about A/C on ships and the weather where ever your destination is, is that it is always unpredictable.

Some ships will be colder indoors than others...we had one stateroom that was terribly cold, but the thermostat could not be turned up any further, so we had to bundle up while sleeping.

It's better to be safe than sorry, so travel with some type of long pants, sweater or pashmina type shawl, which will be very useful if you get chilly on the plane or ship.

Like it has been said "different strokes for different folks". All I can say is that over 12 different cruises on a number of different cruise lines and ships, there is one thing that has been constant! The public rooms on all ships are kept quite cold, so even for our upcoming Panama Canal cruise I will be taking two light sweaters to wear with different things in the dining room and the lounges. I've learned the hard way!

Archived