So how does this work?

taffy12

My next cruise sails May 24 and I'd love to drop some weight by then. A few years ago, I successfully lost a good deal of weight before my cruise and felt great, but every year since (because yes, I put it all back on and then some), my attempts have failed as my willpower has been insufficient. I'm 5'3" and about 152 right now. My goal is 130 and my "skinny" bathing suit from a few years back. I could use all the help I can get!! So tell me please, what does this board have to offer? How do I use you all to help me stay on track?

Ask a question and we (or some of us) will answer. Join in the Thursday weigh in's ... we give motivation, etc. Read the different posts ... most of us are struggling and I know that just reading what everyone else is going through helps motivate. Have you tried sparkpeople? its a great website.

I'll be glad to answer any questions that I can. I'm trying to lose 17# before August ... and it isn't easy. I just keep coming back to these threads and reading! (I've lost 50# since I started this adventure into healthiness).

For many the weight loss isn't just for one cruise ... but for all the cruises in the future. Enjoy! All the best in reaching your goal. Jan

I feel that I don't use this part of the site to it's full potential. It is a great place to get and give valuable information. I don't post very much, probably because I feel like I am joining a conversation way too late in the game, but it is very interesting to see what other people talk about. If you need a cruise critic weight loss buddy, I'm here for you :D .

I feel that I don't use this part of the site to it's full potential. It is a great place to get and give valuable information. I don't post very much, probably because I feel like I am joining a conversation way too late in the game, but it is very interesting to see what other people talk about. If you need a cruise critic weight loss buddy, I'm here for you :D .

Hi! Please don't feel like you can't jump into any conversation on these threads. All of them are very welcoming to new members. I promise, you'll enjoy yourself.

• 3 weeks later...

If you're just trying to lose weight for an event, like a cruise, or reunion, or whatever, you are doomed to fail in the long run. And, as you've found out, once you lose, and then start to regain, you pack it on more and more that what you originally had! (The "fat" cells are still there, waiting to be refilled!) If you want to lose for good, then it's a whole lifestyle change that needs to go on forever! Fewer calories than you are burning will result in weight loss.

Taffy12,

Many of these boards are great!! I just posted what I have done to reach my goal & you sounded a lot like my story. If you want you can check it out (it's kind of long, sorry!) it called "Handy Little Plan." My other favorite threads are "Completely Depressed" and the "Best (and easiest) Diet EVER" because I feel like I've learned a lot & the people on the thread are very supportive. You may want to find one that suits your needs.... and join in!

I strongly recommend the ones which discuss this as a "lifestyle change" over Quick Fixes, pills, crash diets etc, but that's just me. I wish you the BEST of success with whichever plan you choose. I invite you to join my thread or I'll see you on some of the others.

#1 thing you can do is to decide to start RIGHT NOW. TODAY. Why wait any longer? I feel so much better now & I wish these same feelings for you!

• 3 weeks later...

its a great site and i have found it really useful! hope it helps others! http://boards.shape.com/ib/ikonboard.cgi

i hate to see people freak out about weight loss and become depressed and what not. i know this site really helped me as its based on being healthy and change of lifestyle and a lot of good advice!

Archived