Why is CruiseCritic.com SLOWING DOWN?

Muster Station

Is it me or is this site getting ridiculously slow?:confused:

I have an ultra fast cable connection. No problems with other sites. I log onto this site and it's like I'm back using dial up at 2400 baud speed.:mad: Makes using this site annoying. I've noticed it getting worse over the past 2 weeks.

Anyone else notice this or is it me?

Any Suggestions to speeding things up for viewing?

-Chad

It's not your problem. The last few days CC seems to have reverted to some of its old ways: can't get in at times, and other times it's extremely show loading and hangs up after a post.

It got so bad some months ago that many bailed out for a while and went to another cruise bulletin board to hang out until CC got things upgraded. This current slowdown isn't nearly as bad as it was then ... but it's still frustrating.

Ahoy!

Comments regarding the problem posted by Host Sheila on the Photo Gallery Board 2/11/08 :

"FYI, there have been major board issues in the past few weeks. I believe they are now corrected (at least on my end) so, fingers crossed, we'll have no problems for awhile! And decreased Frustration"

Now, cross your fingers.

Bon Voyage & Good Health!

Bob:)

I wrote three posts this morning and couldn't get them to post.

I gave up and went for a walk!! :)

Like waiting for a fish to bite...

Here's hoping things will improve. I did hear a few days ago that due to the popularity of YouTube.com and the bandwidth used for watching all that video the internet is slowing down.

I never remember CruiseCritic.com being a "fast" site. Even before YouTube.com

I agree, I don't want to join another website, this one has all the info I could ever ask for about cruises. We are a bunch of fanatics.:D

-Chad

I tried all morning to look at some posts and my computer stuck each time, so I turned it off in frustration. I am now writing from a library computer where I've had no trouble getting in to Cruise Critic and the message boards.

Will have to see how it goes again from home.:confused:

Cindy

Yeah, it is slow and frustrating . . . however, we all could be on board ship . . . now that IS slow!

I had a lot less frustration posting from the Rotterdam the last three weeks than I have had posting from home the last two days. :mad:

That's in total, too. :eek:

Archived