What are your chances if waitlisted?

kywildcatfanone

Hi folks,

My Brother-in-law just called me and he and his wife want to join us on our cruise at the end of March. However, when I log into princess.com and look at the cabin categories, all of them are waitlisted.

Does anyone know what the possibilities of them getting a room are? I called Princess and she basically told me it was a guess as to whether they could get on or not. Any thoughts?

Mike

Mike, since that is spring break (March/April) I agree with the rep. Whether they would clear the waitlist or not is iffy. There is always a chance, but this close to sailing during one of the busiest cruising times of the year (spring break), that would also depend on what number they were on the waitlist. Any chance you can find out how many are ahead of them on the list for the categories they are interested in?

A quick update. Thanks for the responses. Just got off the phone with my brother-in-law, they decided to waitlist for a few days. I called Princess and they said that they could only tell you where you are on the waitlist if you go ahead and book, which I kind of question. So I called my brother-in-law and he called Princess and did the waitlist thing, and was told he was 9th on the list.

They suggested that he call back in 3-4 days and they will be able to tell him if he has moved up the list or not. Then he can decide whether to stick with it or go ahead and book another cruise without waiting.

I'm just not sure why they can't tell you where you are on the list till you book and then they can tell you, plus when you call back in a few days they can tell you where you are at that point. I guess they want your commitment before giving you any information.

Mike

My SIL was waitlisted for the March 1 cruise out of FLL. She was #3 on the list and as of today she still hasn't been contacted. Unfortunately, she had to let her boss know by today if she was taking vacation, so she won't be sailing then.:( I hope that your BIL has better luck.

My SIL was waitlisted for the March 1 cruise out of FLL. She was #3 on the list and as of today she still hasn't been contacted. Unfortunately, she had to let her boss know by today if she was taking vacation, so she won't be sailing then.:( I hope that your BIL has better luck.

Just came back from Emerald; took lrge group. One of my couples was waitlisted for 6 months; went from #56 to #2; Princess lead them to believe the last week they would get on; long story; they flew down... and didn't get on. Very disappapointed; also tried to buy me out the week before; I was the group leader of 68 people! Ended up getting the absolutely worst cabin in ship! Not impressed; looking elsewhere for next cruise

Hi folks,

My Brother-in-law just called me and he and his wife want to join us on our cruise at the end of March. However, when I log into princess.com and look at the cabin categories, all of them are waitlisted.

Does anyone know what the possibilities of them getting a room are? I called Princess and she basically told me it was a guess as to whether they could get on or not. Any thoughts?

Mike

Mike,

check some of the big on line agencies because they may still have some cabins in their inventory. Which sailing and ship are you talking about?

I also have friends who want to cruise with us on April 27th on Caribbean Princess for a 4 day cruise. They are first time cruisers and really want to go with people they know for their first cruise. Called Princess today and they are 22 on waitlist. Have already filled out all forms. I called a travel agency today that we booked thru. Do you have any "preferred" travel agencies you would recommend to help us get them on the ship? We really want them to go with us and are keeping our fingers crossed.Any help would be appreciated

I'm just not sure why they can't tell you where you are on the list till you book and then they can tell you, plus when you call back in a few days they can tell you where you are at that point. I guess they want your commitment before giving you any information.
Of course they want your commitment. If 100 people call and say they "might" want to go on the cruise but don't book, the wait list would be a mile long with wanna cruisers. An exaggeration, true, but you get the idea. The waitlist is for those serious enough to commit.

check some of the big on line agencies because they may still have some cabins in their inventory. Which sailing and ship are you talking about?
All of the online and major agencies usually release the cabins they're holding by final payment. It's worth checking but unlikely that any will still be available.

No luck with any of the online agencies I tried. I guess we are in a waiting game. My brother-in-law is going to wait 3-5 days and call back and see where they are in the waiting list. I will probably tell him if they are any worst than 3rd, to go ahead and book the CB..

Thanks for all the help.

Mike

To get waitlisted all you need is a $300 deposit, if a room becomes available you need to pay in full immediately. We did this in November, make sure you are waitlisted in all catagories you are interested in.

Interesting; we had to put a $450. deposit down to get waitlisted????

I just looked up both those dates for you guys on the 90 Day Ticker I get and the sailings are not showing up. Sorry !!!

Our sailing on April 5th, Crown out of SJU has only a few Inside cabins left, but cheap - $520 if anyone interested.

Can you tell me more about the 90 day ticker??? Never heard of this. Thanks

Can you tell me more about the 90 day ticker??? Never heard of this. Thanks

Not sure what the poster is referring to, but one of the online agencies that advertises here has a 90 day ticker right on the front page. It's a very popular site. I think rules prohibit my naming the agency outright.

Mike

I also have friends who want to cruise with us on April 27th on Caribbean Princess for a 4 day cruise. They are first time cruisers and really want to go with people they know for their first cruise. Called Princess today and they are 22 on waitlist. Have already filled out all forms. I called a travel agency today that we booked thru. Do you have any "preferred" travel agencies you would recommend to help us get them on the ship? We really want them to go with us and are keeping our fingers crossed.Any help would be appreciated

You may want to check with the online agencies that advertise on this site. Because the final payment is not in yet until the 27th they may still have some canins in their inventory.

I have been waitlisted before and cleared the waitlist 10 days before sailing. It was okay for me as I was using frequent fyler miles for the air.

But as I am from Lexington, and that is spring break week they could clear the waitlist and not have air available..

Go cats!!!!

Martini Cruiser

I have been waitlisted before and cleared the waitlist 10 days before sailing. It was okay for me as I was using frequent fyler miles for the air.

But as I am from Lexington, and that is spring break week they could clear the waitlist and not have air available..

Go cats!!!!

Martini Cruiser

Martini Cruiser,

Yes, but I don't think they want to wait that close to find out, as they can sign up for for the CB leaving the next day and still cruise. At least right now, the CB has availability. And they are using frequent flyer miles for the flight, but don't want to cut it that close, which I don't blame them over. We will monitor it for 3-5 days and then go from there. I agree, the flight we are on (out of CVG) is already full.

Go Cats!!!! ( I really replied just for this)icon7.gif

Mike

Archived