Does Anyone Pack Their Clothes With The Hangers?

dyanalee

Just wondering if anyone packs their clothes already on the hangers? I was thinking it would save so much time when we get in our room. I do that when we go to Las Vegas, but that's only for 4 days.

Only if they are hanging in a garment bag. I'm a fan of packing as lightly as possible and there's really no need to bring hangers. There are plenty in the cabin and it just doesn't take that much time to hang up clothing, IMO.

There's no point packing your clothes on hangers, it will just weigh down your bags. Just bring along some wrinkle spray in your carry on and you should be fine. Worse comes to worse you have a few items pressed when you get aboard ship.

Cruiserking

I take one or two plastic hangers for cruises longer than 10 days. Helps if one washes a few items. All Princess ships have wooden hangers. But cabin steward has lots of wire hangers -- left by other cruisers if one wants one.

Our Noordam cruise was leaving at 4:45 PM on Saturday, 10/20/07...and I didn't start packing until 11AM that morning, lol...so, of necessity, those items which were on dry cleaners' hangers stayed on them and went right into my suitcase! :D

I never pack hangers but I wish I had brought some pants hangers on my Carnival cruise. I don't like to hang my pants folded over and that's the only kind of hangers they give you. My next cruise is Princess - does anyone know if they have pants hangers?

Here is an idea I figured out on my first cruise. I always have a garment bag for hubbys tux, and dresses. Well because yes there are plenty of hangers in the rooms, but I like to have some things hanging because they don't wrinkle as easily, I double up on the hangers. Meaning I hang a dress under hubbys tux shirt, and certain dresses, you can put two on a hanger. It works great for me.

Happy Cruising All !!!!:) :) :)

My daughter got me 20 bags from the cleaners today and I was thinking of packing my good outfits on hangers and putting them in the bags. Also for my husbands dress pants. His suits are already in them from the cleaners. I don't need to worry about the weight of the suitcase as we live in the Los Angeles area so no plane worries there.

I prefer to carry extra hangers instead of liquid wrinkle spray. I like to hang up as much of my stuff as I can, so there are never enough in the cabin. I take either the wire hangers from the cleaners, or the cheap-o plastic hangers from dept store purchases. I leave 'em behind when we go home.

Mr Chew takes his shirts directly from his closet into his suitcase, so they're on hangers. Hhhmmm ... I've never noticed what he does with his hangers.

I was thinking that I could put a couple of my good outfits in a cleaners bag, and they should be fine. With my husbands suits, I put the shirts and ties together with his suits. I was going to put his dress slacks in a cleaners bag also. ;) ;)

I travel a lot for business-about 100,000 air miles a year.

I ALWAYS pack everything on wire hangers with dry cleaner bags over the top.

I can fit a suit/blazer and a couple of pairs of dress pants, a couple pairs of lady's Dockers, 4/5 polo shirts and a couple of good blouses, plus an extra pair of shoes, a pair of flip flops, makeup and toiletries in a 22" roller + large, over the shoulder bag. This is more than enough for a week's worth of business meetings.

I absolutely detest getting to a hotel and having to iron my pants/blouses to go to a meeting. And there is generally NOT enough time to send the stuff out. This has worked for me for years and I travel on vacation the same way, except with a lot more clothes. VERY rarely any wrinkles and makes packing and unpacking easy.

My next cruise is Princess - does anyone know if they have pants hangers?

I am pretty sure there are usually about 3-4 with clips. It's been a year and my memory is fading quickly! Need to go on another cruise soon!

As for packing with hangers, I do it all the time. Straight from the cleaners, double hang whatever I can and leave it in the cleaner bags. Hardly ever have any wrinkles.

My biggest suitcast has a "garment bag-like" section in it, so that makes it easy to pack slacks and dress clothes. The items I would normally fold and stack in the suitcases I now place in big ZipLoc bags. After thoroughly "burping" the air out and closing the seal, the clothes don't slip around when the luggage is tossed around by the airlines and the luggage handlers at the pier. I've used the ZipLoc method for 4 cruises as well as numerous other trips, and find I have very little wrinkling. Also, I like putting my "unmentionables in the zipper plastic bags. If the TSA opens my bag, I feel there is less chance that they will be pawing through my undies.

I also pack one of those mesh laundry hampers that fold up flat. I don't like to put my worn clothes in a plactic bag till time to pack them for the return trip. They tend to get smelly, and I don't want the cabin smelling like a locker room.

I have to pack and unpack for dh and myself:( dd is on her own..and if she forgets stuff...or has wrinkled stuff...her fifteen year old problem! That being said...just venting because we leave in two weeks and I have a big job ahead of me............I pack dh's stuff on the dry cleaner hangers as well amazing how picky he is..when I do all the work..........Man I need this vacation!:D March 22 Golden Princess...cha cha cha...lpt:)

Archived