airfares to alaska

We made the jump and booked a NCL cruise to Alaska in July. Now I'm trying to locate the best airfare from Cincinnati area to Seattle. I've shopped around on the familiar sites - priceline, orbitz, expedia, etc.

Are there any other great money saving sites out there that are sometimes overlooked? We're flexible on traveling out of other airports and possibly dates.

Thanks in advance

Hi--

Being from Cincinnati, my guess is that you already know to check Port Columbus airport as opposed to CVG--fares at Columbus are typically much less expensive. If you get an early morning flight from Columbus, you might want to stay at one of the airport hotels so you won't have to get up so early. Another bonus, most will give you free parking.

Also, check the individual airline sites. I found some of my best deals by doing that instead of going to an online agency.

If you are also flexible in dates and times maybe priceline will be good for you to try.

Going NOWHERE

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Miracle, February 13, 2005

Legend, October 22,2004

Voyager August 31,2003

Victory September 22,2002

Regal Empress,June 2001

Sensation,August 2000

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks - we ended up booking this weekend out of Indianapolis. It seems crazy to drive 2 hours when we have a major airport right here, but we saved well over $300 each. Round trip was $243 and we are leaving the night before so we don't have to worry about flight problems the day of the cruise.

ihall

i know what you mean. i have a major airport 20 minutes from me but if i drive to chicago which is 3 hrs away i will save almost as much as you per person. this might an option for me as well. im glad you got a great airline rate. how far out for your cruise are you booking??

DUSTY

Carnival Spirit, 9/10/03 Alaska glacier bay

Carvival Spirit, 5/11/05

Alaska glacier bay again

Tonbon,

I've done Nashville-Vancouver twice and there is no such thing as a "cheap" airfare. You pay what you have to pay. First time I did NW thru Minneapolis and the second time United thru Chicago.

Enjoy your cruise...when are you sailing?

Roz

• 10 years later...

Archived