Captain's Circle - Name Change & Merged Account Question

gopher's girl

I contacted Princess to change my name, and they said they could not do that because there are 2 people on my account. Somehow, and they cannot tell me how, my sister and I were merged onto the same Captain's Circle number. We have never cruised together, so I'm not sure how this happened. They said that I would have to create a new Captain's Circle account with my new name, and they would move my history over. I am nervous that in the process I will lose my future deposits and credits, but need to change my name at some point because when I actually go to book it will be a problem.

Has anyone had this problem before? Is there a good way to handle it?

I would print off all the info on the account as it stands right now. Make sure and have documented evidence of any credits you are due for future sailings.

I don't see where you have a choice here, you need to get an account in your name only with Princess. Not sure how something like this could have happened, very strange.

I contacted Princess to change my name' date=' and they said they could not do that because there are 2 people on my account. Somehow, and they cannot tell me how, my sister and I were merged onto the same Captain's Circle number. We have never cruised together, so I'm not sure how this happened. They said that I would have to create a new Captain's Circle account with my new name, and they would move my history over. I am nervous that in the process I will lose my future deposits and credits, but need to change my name at some point because when I actually go to book it will be a problem.

Has anyone had this problem before? Is there a good way to handle it?[/quote']

Why don't they move her over instead of you? :)

Gopher, do you mean one of you is .....A and the other is ......B?

My first Princess cruise was with my former husband, so my Circle number is xxxxxB. I re-married, changed my name with Princess, but they told me I could NOT change my Captain's Circle number.:mad: So now I cruise with my new husband, but I have to use the ex's number. Maybe I need to talk to Princess again!!!

I had them fix up my Captain Circle name on our last cruise - I have a hyphenated name and it only had my husbands name. When I returned from the cruise, I could see my name had not changed. I had to call Princess about another issue and thought I'd ask about the name change. I was told that the names could not be different and I'd have to get my own number and it would take about 72 hours for everything to transfer over. It did -- but I had taken a screen shot of my credits, etc. and then took another screen shot of the new account with everything in it. I now have about three Captain's circle numbers (only one with my accurate history) and I get emails and snail mail from Princess almost every day.

My husband just had his two accounts amalgamated. He had one under Bernie and one under Bernard. Weird thing is, now on the cruise personalizer it has him as Platinum and me Gold...I don't think so, we've cruised the same amount of times, but I'm not going to argue with them ;)

My husband just had his two accounts amalgamated. He had one under Bernie and one under Bernard. Weird thing is, now on the cruise personalizer it has him as Platinum and me Gold...I don't think so, we've cruised the same amount of times, but I'm not going to argue with them ;)

Hmmmm....maybe if I sufficiently confuse them, they'll put me in Elite!!!:D

I contacted Princess to change my name' date=' and they said they could not do that because there are 2 people on my account. Somehow, and they cannot tell me how, my sister and I were merged onto the same Captain's Circle number. We have never cruised together, so I'm not sure how this happened. They said that I would have to create a new Captain's Circle account with my new name, and they would move my history over. I am nervous that in the process I will lose my future deposits and credits, but need to change my name at some point because when I actually go to book it will be a problem.

Has anyone had this problem before? Is there a good way to handle it?[/quote']

Yes, I have had a problem with Princess keeping track of my cruises. I found they had my cruise history under several different names i.e., under Mrs. under Miss, under several versions misspellings of my last name. I did attempt to correct the problem twice, both on board ship with the Captain Circle representative. Finally got it corrected, compared my history to my husbands as we have always cruised together. Greated a new account with my correct history. Since I did aboard ship, did not have any problem with deposit/ship board credits on a current cruise.

I also discovered how this happens. When the travel agent books a cruise, she must furnish both my husband's and mine #s. If they don't give both numbers, the number never gets picked up again even though it is provided just prior to cruising on the democraphics info.

Good luck, it can be corrected - may take more than one try. It did for me.

I tried to log on to My Princess & it said that I did not exist. I had to create another account. I used to have a credit, but now I have nothing. I am worried that I lost my credit. It does not have any credit information when I log in under our confirmation number under cruise personalizer.

I am going to be calling them next month to find out our hotel & excursion information so I was going to ask them then. I am just worried that they won't know how to fix it because every time I have called customer service so far they have been completely unhelpful.

Archived