All Things Freedom of the Seas!

Got off Freedom this morning and had a wonderful time! Good food, great CD, good shows! Booked Adventure for February while onboard. Already counting down the days!

Were you by any chance in a Grand or Owners Suite? I'm trying to track down if there was cushions on the chairs on the balcony. Thanks!

Edited by loeytalldog

Just confirmed booking today for next July on this ship. Can't wait!

(Okay, I'd booked back in April but the in-laws, both the siblings and the parents, only booked today, so it's a GO!)

We've been on Radiance class, Voyager class, and Oasis class, so I'm looking forward to this!

• 2 weeks later...
Helicopter Pad would be fun.

That's where I was. One disspointing area would be the front of the ship above the new suites at the front. For some reason they made the glass there 8 feet tall. When we walked up there after boarding the glass was so sea salt stained you couldn't see through it. Its the only place on the public decks with that high of glass.

Helicopter pad is fun, but once you get to open seas it is the windiest place on the ship so it might not be the greatest for a sailaway. In addition at some point around dinner the crew will sometimes block entrance. Back of the ship just past Johnny Rockets might be more protected and usualky not alot of people there.

Sent from my SCH-I915 using Forums mobile app

Does any body know if the muster drill is at the life boats or in a lounge?

Both, depends on your stateroom location. And there is no map or listing or URL that shows muster stations locations for each stateroom.

Both, depends on your stateroom location. And there is no map or listing or URL that shows muster stations locations for each stateroom.

Slightly surprising. Has anyone ever tried to put one together? Think of the logistics needed. :eek:

Slightly surprising. Has anyone ever tried to put one together? Think of the logistics needed. :eek:

You're right, it would be.. Royal probably doesn't want it done anyway, they do change once in awhile if a particular lifeboat is out of operation or an area is under repair.

It's been about five years since we were on the Freedom. Can't wait to see the new changes since her revitalization.

Anyone who has sailed recently know if you can have lunch in either Sabor Modern Mexican or Giovanni's on embarkation day??

Thank You

Liz:)

Does any body know if the muster drill is at the life boats or in a lounge?

Both (sorta) - where you go to muster depends on your cabin. Some folks report outside to deck 4 or 5 and others report to the dining room.

It's been about five years since we were on the Freedom. Can't wait to see the new changes since her revitalization.

Anyone who has sailed recently know if you can have lunch in either Sabor Modern Mexican or Giovanni's on embarkation day??

Thank You

I think I heard Sabor was open. We had lunch there on the first sea day. Loved it!

I think I heard Sabor was open. We had lunch there on the first sea day. Loved it!

Thank You! I'm eager to try Sabor after reading such great reviews!! Hope it is open during embarkation:). What did they charge for lunch? Did you just walk in or have to make reservations?

THX again

Thank You! I'm eager to try Sabor after reading such great reviews!! Hope it is open during embarkation:). What did they charge for lunch? Did you just walk in or have to make reservations?

THX again

On embarkation day they had a guy up in the promenade at a table making Guacamole, talking about Sabor. They would also take reservations then. I had showed my wife some reviews about Sabor and the Guac was enough to sway her so we made a reservation for noon Monday (first western sea day) We paid $15 per person. We got there and walked right it. In this case we didn't need a reservation as at least one couple did just walk in.