All Things Freedom of the Seas!

On embarkation day they had a guy up in the promenade at a table making Guacamole, talking about Sabor. They would also take reservations then. I had showed my wife some reviews about Sabor and the Guac was enough to sway her so we made a reservation for noon Monday (first western sea day) We paid $15 per person. We got there and walked right it. In this case we didn't need a reservation as at least one couple did just walk in.

Thanks again for the info. Can't wait to try Sabor:)

Liz:)

Thanks again for the info. Can't wait to try Sabor:)

Liz:)

I would refer you over to my review, but I typically don't take food pictures on a cruise. (No problems with those who do ;) )

I am no expert on Mexican food, I eat at Taco Bell and Chipotle regularly ;). As mentioned my wife raved about the guacamole. In 55.75 years of life, I never tried it till that day. It was good. She had the tortilla soup and raved about it. I had a bacon wrapped jalapeno chicken appetizer that was exquisite. We debated between a Quesadilla and some tacos. Since it was lunch and it wasn't ala-carte, the waiter insisted we have both. I'm glad he did. It was very good. We couldn't eat it all, but he did package it up for us nicely and we did finish it later. WE will definitely do Sabor on Oasis the sea day lunch again.

I would refer you over to my review, but I typically don't take food pictures on a cruise. (No problems with those who do ;) )

I am no expert on Mexican food, I eat at Taco Bell and Chipotle regularly ;). As mentioned my wife raved about the guacamole. In 55.75 years of life, I never tried it till that day. It was good. She had the tortilla soup and raved about it. I had a bacon wrapped jalapeno chicken appetizer that was exquisite. We debated between a Quesadilla and some tacos. Since it was lunch and it wasn't ala-carte, the waiter insisted we have both. I'm glad he did. It was very good. We couldn't eat it all, but he did package it up for us nicely and we did finish it later. WE will definitely do Sabor on Oasis the sea day lunch again.

What no food pictures lol. I have to admit I used to do that all the time but my last cruise was the first time I didn't do that. A lot of it was the same food in the MDR as my last few cruises. That bacon wrapped jalapeno chicken appetizer sounds good. No picture of that :D

What no food pictures lol. I have to admit I used to do that all the time but my last cruise was the first time I didn't do that. A lot of it was the same food in the MDR as my last few cruises. That bacon wrapped jalapeno chicken appetizer sounds good. No picture of that :D

You're right about the main dining room food. (nothing bad), just everyone has seen it. I don't feel comfortable dragging my camera into the dining room at night, it gets in the way and my phone is in the safe. In hindsight, it wouldn't have been bad in Sabor that first sea day lunch. We were at the Meet and Mingle, then next cruise appointment and Sabor wasn't. Ok, I will take it into Sabor on Oasis nexy year., :D

You're right about the main dining room food. (nothing bad), just everyone has seen it. I don't feel comfortable dragging my camera into the dining room at night, it gets in the way and my phone is in the safe. In hindsight, it wouldn't have been bad in Sabor that first sea day lunch. We were at the Meet and Mingle, then next cruise appointment and Sabor wasn't. Ok, I will take it into Sabor on Oasis nexy year., :D

Oh, I will definitely also take my camera to Chops next year. On Freedom I had a different appetizer this year. It was listed as Black Peppered bacon. It was a single slice of bacon, I assume about 1/4" thick and it was about the size of one of the strip steaks served at the buffet on Labadee. It was wonderful.

Oh, I will definitely also take my camera to Chops next year. On Freedom I had a different appetizer this year. It was listed as Black Peppered bacon. It was a single slice of bacon, I assume about 1/4" thick and it was about the size of one of the strip steaks served at the buffet on Labadee. It was wonderful.

Bacon steak?! The perfect meal!

Pics or it didn't happen.:confused:

Hello! Booked for next month on Freedom in one of their newly added staterooms on Deck 12. Does anyone know if all of these have panoramic views? I've read some posts suggesting that is the case. We are booked in a Large OceanView.

Hello! Booked for next month on Freedom in one of their newly added staterooms on Deck 12. Does anyone know if all of these have panoramic views? I've read some posts suggesting that is the case. We are booked in a Large OceanView.

The new staterooms on deck 12 are either panoramic OVs or balcony staterooms.

Bacon steak?! The perfect meal!

Pics or it didn't happen.:confused:

Next year on Oasis, I'll be sure to get a picture, it was an unexpected surprise for me last month on Freedom. A fellow roll call member went the night before us and mentioned it. Sometimes I get tunnel vision in restaurants I have been to before ordering the same thing, but he mentioned this appetizer choice. I almost could have said, just bring me two or three of these and that is all I need.

Next year on Oasis, I'll be sure to get a picture, it was an unexpected surprise for me last month on Freedom. A fellow roll call member went the night before us and mentioned it. Sometimes I get tunnel vision in restaurants I have been to before ordering the same thing, but he mentioned this appetizer choice. I almost could have said, just bring me two or three of these and that is all I need.

Just giving ya a hard time. :D It sounds fantastic. I'll be on the Freedom in a couple months and will definitely check it out.

Just giving ya a hard time. :D It sounds fantastic. I'll be on the Freedom in a couple months and will definitely check it out.

I got that, no problem. This one caught me by surprise and I hadn't seen it come up in any reviews before. I'm very unsophisticated culinary wise and found this one to be a treat.

The wife and I are headed out on our first FOS cruise next January. We cruised on Brilliance of the Seas this last January and enjoyed it tremendously. We had a balcony room, but thee was an overhang right above us so we really did not have much of a sky view. On FOS we're in JS 9626, but would like to know if there are any really good places to stargaze without a lot of light pollution.

Thanks.

That would be the pork belly appetizer. Sinfully delicious is all I can say!

The wife and I are headed out on our first FOS cruise next January. We cruised on Brilliance of the Seas this last January and enjoyed it tremendously. We had a balcony room, but thee was an overhang right above us so we really did not have much of a sky view. On FOS we're in JS 9626, but would like to know if there are any really good places to stargaze without a lot of light pollution.

Thanks.

Out on the helipad is a great place for stargazing. It's very dark out there, and there are benches.

Out on the helipad is a great place for stargazing. It's very dark out there, and there are benches.

I will dispute that, but only slightly. Its a matter of perspective. I'm a bit of an Astronomy enthusiast.

nsp1.jpg

I'm spoiled by getting occasional trips to some very dark skies. Royal, and most cruise ships are lit up like the floats at Disney's Electric lights parade. Its takes the average adult eyes 20 minutes to recover from looking at them. Even if you do manage to sit in those benches and keep your back to the ship, the humidity in the air causes a glow that surrounds the ship. Sometimes if the ship closes off this area at night. Its still worth doing on occasion.

It has been confirmed that blue cushions have been added back to the wicker furniture on the suite balconies on FOS. :)

That would be yours truly. :D

I did verify from a couple of other GS patrons as well.

Edited by John&LaLa

Adventure Ocean: Has anyone used the program extensively with young children? Admittedly, I'm a bit of a "helicopter" parent and typically wouldn't leave my kids with any type of service such as this. However, I've read wonderful things about the AO programs and wouldn't want my kids to miss out on anything they would love. Does the staff have a reasonable ratio of staff:children? Do you have to sign your child in/out? What type of "security" is used within the program? Does Freedom offer the My Time Family Dining (where they take the kids after they've eaten dinner?) Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer a neurotic, overprotective parent ;)

I will dispute that, but only slightly. Its a matter of perspective. I'm a bit of an Astronomy enthusiast.

nsp1.jpg

I'm spoiled by getting occasional trips to some very dark skies. Royal, and most cruise ships are lit up like the floats at Disney's Electric lights parade. Its takes the average adult eyes 20 minutes to recover from looking at them. Even if you do manage to sit in those benches and keep your back to the ship, the humidity in the air causes a glow that surrounds the ship. Sometimes if the ship closes off this area at night. Its still worth doing on occasion.

Yah, they closed the helipad on Brilliance at night. I just ducked under with the wife and sat quietly on a bench. Worked nicely until a group of young teens came out onto the helipad and started making a lot of noise; the bridge soon hit them with a spotlight and that ended our quiet stargazing. Kids should be locked in their rooms at 10:00 PM each night and not allowed out until 8:00 AM!

New to cruising and have a question regarding cell phones. I want to use as a camera. What settings to I turn off? Is there any other purpose for cell while on board? At port?

Thanks

Set your phone in airplane mode and turn off data and roaming. Unless you have an international plan don't turn these things back on when you're in port unless you can tap into WiFi.