All Things Freedom of the Seas!

... we are going to book the Freedom while we are on Allure in March... I think we'll keep it a secret so they can be surprised!!! :D

Michele, I realize this post you made was awhile ago, and I haven't finished reading this thread, so maybe you already answered my question, but I noticed from looking at your signature that you didn't end up back on FOS after your first Allure trip! But instead took another Allure trip after that? Curious what made you change your mind!

Thank you so much for your great review of FOS. I really enjoyed reading it. We set sail on Sunday for a 2-night cruise before she goes into dry-dock!

I hope you come back and give us any intel you get regarding the drydock. Is the ship going to Nassau, or just out to sea and back?

I just checked and it does show going to Nassau.

Edited by BillOh

I hope you come back and give us any intel you get regarding the drydock. Is the ship going to Nassau, or just out to sea and back?

I just checked and it does show going to Nassau.

Yes, as you discovered, going to Nassau, though I think we'll just stay on the ship. We're only there from 8-2, and we were just there this summer, so we plan to use that time to cram in a few more activities on board the ship. 2 nights is not going to be nearly enough! Super excited to enjoy our first suite!

Yes, as you discovered, going to Nassau, though I think we'll just stay on the ship. We're only there from 8-2, and we were just there this summer, so we plan to use that time to cram in a few more activities on board the ship. 2 nights is not going to be nearly enough! Super excited to enjoy our first suite!

Hi all, I am psyched to be on a 2 nighter post dry dock Jan 30. Don't know the itinerary, does anyone know of a way to look it up?

• 2 months later...
I agree, we just would like to face the islands/ports if possible. The sailing is so far out that I can choose either side.

I did a live thread and noted which was docked side. We were on the starboard side. The post was " live freedom of the seas March 1" something like that, you can do a search for that

I did a live thread and noted which was docked side. We were on the starboard side. The post was " live freedom of the seas March 1" something like that, you can do a search for that

Thanks! Starboard for your cruise, some say port. I know it can change, but not very often.

Thinking of switching to a hump balcony for our Freedom sailing.

Recently, which side of the ship faces the ports on the Western swing?

I read through this thread and searched, found conflicting reports.

Thanks!

You found conflicting reports because it can vary. I'm on a starboard hump again next month.

You found conflicting reports because it can vary. I'm on a starboard hump again next month.

Same as Oasis/Allure, they do switch when life boat drills occur. I will book Starboard and hope for the best. I was hoping to figure out the pattern if there is one :)

Just did starboard hump 7338. It was lovely and we faced the port in both St. Thomas and St. Maarten. It was fun to watch the stragglers coming on board!

That cabin has the bed by the closet?

We are looking at 7340 for bed by balcony.

All side-facing D/E staterooms on Voyager/Freedom class have the bed by the balcony.

Thanks Bob! I did not know that. Thought they alternated like Oasis/Allure

So are 7338 and 7340 practically identical? maybe bed against opposite walls?

Edited by Brandonclan

Thanks Bob! I did not know that. Thought they alternated like Oasis/Allure

So are 7338 and 7340 practically identical? maybe bed against opposite walls?

Yes, they probably alternate bed direction. I know that the JS staterooms alternate bed direction.

No, my bed was practically up against the balcony door! I could sit up in bed and watch the ocean out the window. The bed was against the aft wall of the cabin.

Thanks! Appreciate your info. Could you tell any difference between the balconies? Was 7338 same as 7340? On deck plans they boath look to be even with each other. Both being the farthest out from the others.

Thanks! Appreciate your info. Could you tell any difference between the balconies? Was 7338 same as 7340? On deck plans they boath look to be even with each other. Both being the farthest out from the others.

Yes, they were equal. 7336 bowed in a little from mine. Friends had 6338,40, and 42. 42 was bowed in the most.

On another note, if you buy Alcohol in St. Thomas make sure you watch them pack your liquor before you pick it up. We received one whole box of someone else's liquor instead of ours. So we are without 6 bottles and got someone else's order of liquors that we don't drink. I am so angry and all they will do is refund our money! They say they will no longer ship liquor!

Cheryl