Day Passes At Wyndam Cable Beach

doctordi

Well, to further confuse the issue, my DH just called the Wyndham also, and they told him $20 per adult, with child under 12 Y.O. being free. We are going in early September, so maybe it is a seasonal thing.
My husband and I were just at the Wyndham in Nassau last week and got the day passes for $15. each. They did offer us the $40 pass which included lunch but we told them we just wanted the $15 pass which gives you the use of their facilities.

Whew! My head is spinning! AND I haven't even gotten to questions about parasailing and snorkeling!

So... let me make sure that I understand the THREE P's correctly..

Price- 15.00

Place- Wyndham

Privilidges: pool, beach chair, potty

By any chance do the privilidges also include TOWELS?

Whew! My head is spinning! AND I haven't even gotten to questions about parasailing and snorkeling!

So... let me make sure that I understand the THREE P's correctly..

Price- 15.00

Place- Wyndham

Privilidges: pool, beach chair, potty

By any chance do the privilidges also include TOWELS?

I'm hearing $40 these days also... and yes, lunch and towel service is included.

As for wristbands for guests.. they don't use them at wyndham (but I think Sheraton does), but you need to show your room key to get a towel. If you DON'T use a hotel towel, you will be bothered by security from time to time checking for your room key or day pass receipt.

The $40 is worth it. This forces people to spend a little money at the concessions and grab a drink as well.

I'm sure people get away with not paying.. but that's just stealing.

BTW.. the beach is public only to the high tide mark.. so those who post about free beaches etc are not telling the whole story. The layout of the beach is such that you cannot get to the beaches high tide mark without tresspassing.

Why would anyone think that the hotels want a bunch of cruisers/non-guests using their pools and beaches for free, without paying a dime or buying a drink/lunch?

They pay staff to maintain the pools and beaches, lifeguards, security, restroom attendants, entertainment etc. Doesn't sound free to me.

If you want a free beach... try Lighthouse beach right outside of downtown. No chaise, no towels, no lifeguards, no restrooms, no raked beach. Lots of debris, broken glass and whatever else people leave behind. It's FREE.

I was at the Sheraton on July 11. We took a taxi, walked through the lobby and out to the pool and began to set up our towels. The towel guy/lifeguard came up to us and told us it would be $5 pp to use the chairs at the pool and beach. No wrist bands, no receipt...just $5 and that was that. We ended up spending about $400 as a group (11 of us) on lunch and drinks so I think they got their money's worth out of us.

In my opinion, the Sheraton is nicer than the Wyndham. We were at the Wyndham a year and a half ago and we had fun, but definitely thought the pool was bigger, the bar service quicker (and they came around to you) and the beach was much bigger and prettier at the Sheraton. We also did not pay at the Wyndham.

Will be on a cruise in Septmeber and from what I read - I would love to spend the day at the Sheraton.....

There was mention of taking a cab....so now what are the options for transportation and the cost... to WYndam/Sheraton

Will be on a cruise in Septmeber and from what I read - I would love to spend the day at the Sheraton.....

There was mention of taking a cab....so now what are the options for transportation and the cost... to WYndam/Sheraton

Taxi is around $5pp each way... Jitney (bus) is $1pp each way and can be caught in town near straw market.

You can get on the jitney #10 across the street from the British Colonial Hotel in front of McDonalds.

The #10 bus to Cable Beach area is on a side street across from the straw market........You can see them lined up right from Bay Street.....

• 5 weeks later...
I was at the Sheraton on July 11. We took a taxi, walked through the lobby and out to the pool and began to set up our towels. The towel guy/lifeguard came up to us and told us it would be $5 pp to use the chairs at the pool and beach. No wrist bands, no receipt...just $5 and that was that. We ended up spending about $400 as a group (11 of us) on lunch and drinks so I think they got their money's worth out of us.

In my opinion, the Sheraton is nicer than the Wyndham. We were at the Wyndham a year and a half ago and we had fun, but definitely thought the pool was bigger, the bar service quicker (and they came around to you) and the beach was much bigger and prettier at the Sheraton. We also did not pay at the Wyndham.

I certainly don't expect to get anything for free but this sounds like a better option for us. We have a group of 10 and I have a feeling our cruise will be diverted to Nassau due to Gustav. I think we might rather pay $5pp for chairs and purchase items a la carte.

How was the food/drinks..price and quality?

I have a good map here...can you tell me which bus picture is jinty number 10?

map.jpg

Thanks!

We tried to go to the beach at the Wyndham and were not allowed through their beach access door. We were quoted a $40 day rate which we declined because we only had a couple of hours in Nassau. We opted to walk a few blocks down back toward Nassau to the public beach access and then walked back toward the resort area about 1 block. We had a great time.

Many of the problems with access to hotel beaches ebbs and flows... pun intended! One person will be allowed thru and then the guard that knows about the fee comes on and it's $40 please... Being very nice from the beginning always works in the Bahamas. As someone stated in another thread you have to have good customer service ( and that means you being nice first) prior to receiving it. Most true in the Bahamas.

Welcome to the BAHAMAS!!! All things are true... and can change tomorrow. Lets see if I can make it a little better.

The first price was $15pp paid at the Sheraton/Wyndham.

Then it was $15pp but could only be bought at the Wyndham but the Sheraton would honor it.

Next was $40pp at Sheraton but included $30 voucher to be used for food/booze.

Next came $90 (or $99 - not sure) for a "Day room" at Wyndham that you could use up til 6pm... and that was for 2 adults... someone asked about kids and they were included. No food/booze credit but you had a room/bath/bed for the day.

Now people have heard that you can get the $15 pass or the $40 pass or the $99 room.

I would love to know the answers to these questions as well. We will be in Nassau in November and would love to spend the day on the beach. I just got off the phone with the Wyndham and they quoted me $40 pp/pd. Some of you have been quoted $15 pp/pd. So confusing!

I was there and got the day pass last Saturday. $40pp I was told.

Bill

Was part of that $40 p/p a food and beverage credit? If so, could you use it for alcoholic drinks? This appeals to us, and we would be very satisfied if that cost included both food and beverages.

What did you think of the beach?

-Ann

Can't answer that question. We went up to the desk and asked for 2 day passes. The very nice girl slapped on our bracelets and said, "they are $40pp, but today no charge."

I didn't ask any more questions.

We wound up having lunch and 2 drinks a piece and it cost us about $40.

If you wanted a nice beach you had to go up towards the Sheraton a little, but that was very nice and not very far at all.

Bill

Been to Atlantis and this resort when I believe it was the Crystal Palace. I know Atlantis is awesome, be how does a day here compare? We;re a group of ladies looking to relax in the sun. We want a nice beach and a pool would be nice. How do we get the passes? Do we wait until we get there? It sounds like that is how they are purchased.

I highly recommend the BCH (which is a 10 minute walk from the port),,,just walk through the lobby and out to the small yet very relaxing private beach with clear blue water and white sand. We were there 2SEP and we were the only ones on the beach in the 95 degree weather. You really couldnt beat that!

Josh

Archived