xtra luggage tags

I go on my first cruise this August...I believe RCI mails you some to begin with along with some paperwork. Is this correct? I too would love to have everything situated beforehand.

Only if you or your TA chose the mail option, otherwise you will get e-docs. You can specify how you want to get them online at RCCL.com, in "my cruises" and then documentation.

I have to interject here as well....If you get mailed docs, they send you 3 luggage tags p/p. Three bags per person really seems like it would be the maximum that anyone would need unless you are moving onboard. ? :D

if you have three in your room you get luggage tags or two apiece. if you have 2 people you get 6 also. I want to stop and pick up sodas and waters before we get on thew ship and i wanted to tag them before i got to the port.

• 2 weeks later...

My question may be a bit silly. I am to receive e-docs, which I assume will be sent to me a few weeks before we cruise. When we arrive at the port and drop off our luggage, that is where they supply the tags? Do they have strings and that, or how do they attach? Hey, if I need to bring scotch tape...:D

Another question for those that bring water and/or soda onboard. How do you "package" it so that you can take it onboard? From what I see here, it's perfectly acceptable to do, so I was wondering how it was done. For example, do you take a luggage tag to the shrink wrapped water case or does it need to be put into luggage, etc.

Also, since all indications are that they check your luggage to make sure you don't have anything in there you are not supposed to, when is this done? Are you present when they do these things, or do you find out they confiscated your iron late on?

Archived