New Fuel Supplement

TenerifeSharon

Currently the supplement is $5/day, max. $70. It's going to $8./day, max. $112., so $42. pp more on a 14 day cruise.

Currently, it's $5 per day per person ($10 per cabin). On a 14 day trip the current max is $140. With the new charge, the max is $112. Sounds like $28 less to me.

Currently, it's $5 per day per person ($10 per cabin). On a 14 day trip the current max is $140. With the new charge, the max is $112. Sounds like $28 less to me.

I think the new charge is maximum $112 per person ($8 X 14 days), not per cabin;)

The current max will now be $112/person. So for two people in the cabin on a 14 day trip the charge will be $224!

Isn't is to going from Max $70 per person to Max $112?

On the subject of gas gusselers I switched over from an small SUV getting about 22 mpg, to a Honda Civic, that gets about 35 if I drive normal, and 40 if I drive right at or under 55 mph. I live about 35 miles out of town so I drive at least 70-100 miles per day. The Honda is saving me lots of money. I guess I'll use that for my fuel supplement. Shoot I drive enough that just the fact that I am not driving for two weeks while I'm on my cruise, will save me enough money to actually pay for the cruise. Maybe I should sell my car and house and just cruise all the time. Its probably cheaper than buying gas to go into town 6 days a week. :D (ya'll know I'm kidding here, right?, but I feel like the gas price increase will never end.)

If we pick a cruise just to book one prior to 5/1/08 (we know we will be going on one but just don't know which)

As long as we keep the same booking number does anyone know if you can change the cruise and NOT have to pay the extra fuel charge?

Isn't is to going from Max $70 per person to Max $112?

Hi Suzanne,

Yes, as per the article, "For first and second guests in a stateroom, the revised fuel supplement will be $8 (U.S.D.) per-person, per-day, and no more than $112 (U.S.D.) per-person, per-cruise."

I like your rationale re fuel costs and the supplement. :)

If we pick a cruise just to book one prior to 5/1/08 (we know we will be going on one but just don't know which)

As long as we keep the same booking number does anyone know if you can change the cruise and NOT have to pay the extra fuel charge?

Don't know the answer, but it's a GOOD question. Anyone??

TenerifeSharon,

Are you an American that lives in Tenerife and Germany, a German that lives in both or a Tenerifeian? Just wondering....:) We are so looking forward to our Rome to Stockholm cruise in June which is less than 6 weeks from now!

Patty

Oops! I just read your profile...do you enjoy living in Europe?

TenerifeSharon,

Are you an American that lives in Tenerife and Germany, a German that lives in both or a Tenerifeian? Just wondering....:) We are so looking forward to our Rome to Stockholm cruise in June which is less than 6 weeks from now!

Patty

Oops! I just read your profile...do you enjoy living in Europe?

Hi Patty,

Just to sum it up -- I'm a transplanted New Yorker. Moved to Germany fresh out of college to be an opera singer over here (a lot of years ago). Relatively newly retired, we live half the year in Germany (my husband is German and we met on vacation in Greece;)), the second half on Tenerife (at least until our house here is sold) and the third half (which we enjoy the most) cruising!!:D

And to your last question: I enjoy living in Europe but there are some things I like better about the U.S. But I could never have had the career I did - as an opera singer - living in the U.S., nor would I have met my wonderful husband (and we just celebrated our 25th anniversary)!

Just received an eMail announcement that Azamara, Celebrity & Royal Caribbean will all be charging an increased fuel supplement of $ 8 per person per day (up to $112 per person per cruise) for the first 2 guests in a stateroom for all bookings made after May 1, 2008.

Thanks for the heads-up! We are currently thinking of a couple of cruises, but have been dragging our feet. A 14-day cruise will cost us the maximum of $224 as opposed to the current $140. :eek: Time to make a decision.......:)

Archived