luggage tags

xxangelxx

Hi everyone, im sure this has been asked before but i cannot seem to locate as everytime i use search it says down. Anyway here is my question. I have received all of my so called documents via email. There are luggage tags to print out. I have printed as many as i will need for the trip, However I was wondering, Are these "paper" tags going to come off. After all i only printed them out on regular paper from my printer. Will tear easily i am assuming. Any thoughts or ideas? Thanks a bunch. New cruiser here...lots of questions. This forum is WONDERFUL.. Thanks again

I've never heard of having to print your own luggage tags. On the cruise lines I've been on (Celebrity and Princess) you receive a package about 30 days before you sail with very sturdy luggage tags in them. They've got some serious sticky stuff. If you haven't received them in the mail, you can get them at the cruise terminal before boarding.

Hi everyone, im sure this has been asked before but i cannot seem to locate as everytime i use search it says down. Anyway here is my question. I have received all of my so called documents via email. There are luggage tags to print out. I have printed as many as i will need for the trip, However I was wondering, Are these "paper" tags going to come off. After all i only printed them out on regular paper from my printer. Will tear easily i am assuming. Any thoughts or ideas? Thanks a bunch. New cruiser here...lots of questions. This forum is WONDERFUL.. Thanks again

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=14354331&postcount=30

I bought self-laminating tags from Staples. You need to print the tags at 75% zoom and they will be the perfect size, especially if you cut out just the tag and cut off the side bars. I printed them in color but others on here say that black and white works fine too. Anything that keeps the price of the cruise down is fine by me. Hey sometimes travel agents give away luggage tags, in which case you print it to the size you need.

We have always gotten our luggage tags in the mail with stuff like the shore excursion book and the crusie questions book. Are you sure you are printing luggage tags and not just the boarding passes?

We have always gotten our luggage tags in the mail with stuff like the shore excursion book and the crusie questions book. Are you sure you are printing luggage tags and not just the boarding passes?

Carnival has the option to print out all docs from online. Not sure about the other lines.

thanks mike...i will do that just as you did..this place is wonderful happy cruising all

Don't thank me LOL. I just copied and pasted the link. You are right though, this place is the best.

After I went thru the trouble of printing luggage tags, Guess what ? A big envelope came in the mail with Luggage tags, welcome book, etc..... are cruise is in 39 days, the package came last week. Tanner2:)

I got my tags in the mail as well. I simply folded them in half and covered them with 3inch packing tape. They seem pretty strong now. It took about 10 minutes to do all 4 of them. Thanks Mike for the suggestion;)

Which line are you sailing with? Carnival already has their tags with the e-doc, I have printed out plenty and even a few extra just in case one gets torn or ripped off. I am thinking of putting clear tape to cover them just to make them sturdy. My question is: Do we have to fold them or can we cut them to fit better?

had to print our lugage tags out also was wondering the same thing about them staying on the luggage my sis in law said to just put packing tape on both sides and jusr tape it to your suit case i would think that the paper might rip off or something we were told by travel agent that this is something new they are doing.

Was Thinking The Same T Hing Dont Bother With Printing Them Out They Will Send Them!!

Not if it's Carnival and if you've either intentionally or unintentionally selected Electronic Documents.

EDocs doesn't like Firefox, from what I've been told.

It really isn't a big deal. IF you are on Carnival and have filled out your Funpass info, your identification (passport or birthcertificate and photo id) is all you absolutely must have.

Tags can be had at the terminal.

I just print mine on heavy white paper on the color laser printer. I don't laminate. Fold as directed and taped them together rather than staple as I was told the porter dislike the staples (they can stab them, even if they were gloves). I didn't attach until after flying, even though I think the porters at the pier are harder on luggage than at the airports, if you can believe that!

Actually, I think I'll go print some luggage tags right now! :D

• 3 weeks later...

I've never printed out my own luggage tags. In fact, even if you're getting E-docs, the cruise line can still send you normal luggage tags but I think you might have to request them. They're trying to save money postage, etc. but I'm going on Carnival in July and told my TA that I want to have regular luggage tags mailed to me - He took care of it; no problemo!

Laurie

heres another question..on my luggage tags it says deck 8 cabin 8292 and port forward. What does this all mean? good? bad?

It simply means you are in stateroom 8292 which is located on the port side and forward (towards bow as opposed to stern). I just tells the baggage handlers where to take your luggage for distribution to your stateroom.

BTW port side is the left side of the ship. The right side is the starboard side. Even number staterooms are on the port side and odd number on the starboard side. Easy way to remember is that "port" and "left" both have four letters.

We go through a TA and our docs are electronic from the RCCL website. When we get to the port where you turn over your luggage, they give us the luggage tags. The alternative is to print them out and attach them somehow to our luggage. There have been several ideas already mentioned on how to do this. It really is not a big deal.

• 1 year later...

NCL usually will send out its WELCOME ABOARD kit inside are your luggage tags, but if you UPGRADE they dont send out again so in that case you have to print new luggage tags, which is what we did last time and just printed on heavier stock and reinforced with wide tape...worked fine in fact they were hard to just rip off!

You don't need paper tags....They will tag your luggage when you check in at the port.

You don't need paper tags....They will tag your luggage when you check in at the port.

Who do you mean by "they"? If you wait until you get to the embarkation pier, it will be up to you to make sure that your cabin number is put on the blank tags which the porters will have. At the point where you actually turn over your luggage to tghe porters, you are the only one who knows what cabin number you want them to get to.

Archived