Princess Price Drop

ARBORGUY

Hi All,

Just passing this info on to those booked on Princess to Alaska.

We are on Princess Island SB on 8/18/08; I called them today and found out that our mini-suite was reduced (we booked in December).

The new price saved us $900+.

That, plus our $1200 "stimulus" refund, means that this has been a good spring!

Maybe I'll buy a telephoto lens for my Nikon D80 for the trip!!

Bill

Hi All,

We are on Princess Island SB on 8/18/08; I called them today and found out that our mini-suite was reduced (we booked in December).

Bill

No fair! If I take the price cut, I lose my on board credit......

Bummer! I'm on the 8/18 Island cruise, but as part of a Princess cruisetour. Princess quotes a total price for the land and sea parts and as of 5 minutes ago the price has not been reduced. Guess the demand for the number of seats on the land part is still high. Oh, well! (And I'm not getting any of my own money back on that rebate scam - but I guess that's good as that means my income was too high!)

(And I'm not getting any of my own money back on that rebate scam - but I guess that's good as that means my income was too high!)

Yes that is very good. I would love to have a high enough income not to qualify for the rebate. Count your blessings!!!

Hi...

I responded on the Princess Island "Roll Call" board as well....so far it looks like only three of us...so far.

Also wife and I are on the Chillcoot trip leaving at 7:30....Yukon Rail & Bus Excursion With 15-Minute Dogsled Ride

Is that the one you are also on???

Bill

I am sailing on the diamond princess on 8-2-08. How do I find out if my cruise qualifies for the discount? Are the cruises on sale, if so what is the name of the sale?

Hi Braves Fan!! I'm on the same cruise - come over to our roll call!!

Our cruise was on sale the last few times I checked for Inside and OV...BUT, when I checked earlier today, prices were back up. :(

Hi...

I responded on the Princess Island "Roll Call" board as well....so far it looks like only three of us...so far.

Also wife and I are on the Chillcoot trip leaving at 7:30....Yukon Rail & Bus Excursion With 15-Minute Dogsled Ride

Is that the one you are also on???

Bill

We're on the tour that leaves at 7:30 (7 hours) - no dogsled tho. Was that an add-on? We're paying a smidge under $175 each - as I remember - I've got to determine who we've paid what to!! I "think" I've got all the excursions paid in full except have paid just 1/2 to Island Wings in Ketchikan.

Looking forward to meeting you!

Hi All,

Bill

Our room on the 6/21 Sapphire has dropped a total of $200. If I call Princess and ask for an adjustment to that price, are they obligated to honor it?

Our room on the 6/21 Sapphire has dropped a total of $200. If I call Princess and ask for an adjustment to that price, are they obligated to honor it?

Did you book the cruise directly with Princess? If you booked it through a travel agency, you need to contact them. If the lower price was for new bookings only - then you won't get a refund. I see you've already made final payment - so you may or may not get a price reduction.

What website are you checking the prices on?

Where is the rolls call located?

I was checking prices at princess dot com as if I was booking a new cruise - I'd written down the prices of each category when I booked, so I could compare.

Our roll call is here -

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=709635 - it's not very active yet - hopefully as we get a little closer, it will pick up! :)

Did you book the cruise directly with Princess? If you booked it through a travel agency, you need to contact them. If the lower price was for new bookings only - then you won't get a refund. I see you've already made final payment - so you may or may not get a price reduction.

Yes, we booked through Princess. It would be nice to walk aboard with a $200 shipboard credit already waiting there.

My advice to everyone- ALWAYS keep track of pricing trends, yourself. DO NOT leave this for your TA or anyone else. Immediately, when you see a drop, contact the booking agent for an adjustment. This most always needs to be outside of final payment. Be especially agreesive in your updates, just before final payment, and hold off paying until the last minute. Most booking agents, state the payment date is a week or two prior to the actual date.

If the price drop is before the final payment they'll honor it. Since you're only about 5 weeks out they probably won't. Still it's worth a try. Let us know.

Archived