Around the Seabourn Water Cooler... Off topic and fun posts here!- Updated

Host Dan

The marriage is so wonderful!!! Zanele was my stewardess on her first cruise and we had such a good time. The first bouncy day, she was soooo sick, poor dear. Then on another cruise she had appendcitis and had to have surgery in Guatemala or somewhere in central America. Soon she reboarded and was running up and down the stairs planning the Valentine's Day Crew Party!

I had Sikohe as my waiter on more than one cruise. Are they still with Seabourn? Do tell!

Thank you for posting the photos and the good news!

Edited by JaneBP
Typos

I need some sage advice. Although gay marriages are legal in Canada, my friends would like to get married in Amsterdam (they don't know of anyother places) followed by a river or barge cruise. We will be joining them. I don't know where to start! Are there any all inclusive cruises? Is a barge better? Anyone have any idea how we would find out about gay wedding sevices etc. We may make it a double ceremony.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hello Tayl. Very flattering that you feel comfortable asking us. I have heard that Peter Deilmann Cruises are very nice (no personal experience but a fellow SB traveler recommended it to DW and me) http://www.deilmann-cruises.com/destinations/index.html.

I asked friends of mine who are in a committed gay relationship and they said that South Africa permits gay marriage, but they were unsure as to residency requirements etc. I know Silversea's Silver Wind sails out of Cape Town and I would imagine (again no personal experience) that an African cruise on SS would be lovely indeed.

Good luck....

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I sat next to a woman on the plane (not the slightly confused lady across the aisle who kept asking me if we were having an emergency landing every time the pilot gave an announcement).

This woman had a Kindle and loves it. Seems perfect for a cruise, the good Seabourn library not withstanding.

Anyone have one? I think I want one.

(Yes, I often think I want lots of things...)

I got over excited about the Kindle when I read about them last year.....so read a lot....but stopped when I got to the part where we cant buy them in Australia!! :( Im am not quite so technically challenged as to think the "wireless" part of a Kindle could work all the way out here....but did expect that I would be able to download the books to my computer, them merely transfer them to the kindle via a USB stick......nope...something about "copyright" stops us being able to do that out here! Cant understand that one......why can I buy paper books from Amazon in the USA but not the electronic ones?

Havent read anything for a while....so must look again to see if the rules have changed!

Yes you can delete the books you have read, and Amazon also keeps a copy of all the ones you have paid for so you can get them back at any time free........

On our last flight I saw a bloke using the Sony equivalent....they would be really great for travel......oh well maybe one day us poor Aussies will get some consideration! :rolleyes:

You will just have to plan on loading 100 books next time you are in the States. That's easy enough. Or, I can get you one, load it up as you want and then send it to you. Right? Apparently the downloading only works in the States, but expect that to change in the future.

Ahhh.....Thank you, Marja! We're all "family" in a way!

Best wishes to you and René for the weekend, and the coming year, filled with more and more memories....

Paul :)

Thanks Paul!

I'm still alive; made it through this surgery as well!

Our daughter's pain is gone; mine is still there (the sciatic pain in neck, back, shoulder and arm I mean). We both have local pain where surgery was performed in neck. My nerve has been bothered for so long, that it may take a while before I will notice the results (good I hope)! Of course I'm disappointed, but I will give it time, before I will lose faith.

Anyway, you will see me on the crossing with my usual smile! (More or less.....).

Marja

My nerve has been bothered for so long, that it may take a while before I will notice the results (good I hope)!

Marja:

I'm glad for your daughter's relief, and hope that, with a bit of recovery time, your results will be similar to hers. I look forward to seeing your smile on board!

Rest up, and heal!

Paul ;)

I have decided to hold off on buying a Kindle, hoping for a price drop. In my need to buy something, I got a crockpot. Trouble is, still no one to take the lid off and announce "For your dining pleasure, et voila!"

I have decided to hold off on buying a Kindle, hoping for a price drop. In my need to buy something, I got a crockpot. Trouble is, still no one to take the lid off and announce "For your dining pleasure, et voila!"

LOL....I will hold off for a while too, hoping they will include us "downunder" eventually....of yes...and also the price drop!! ;) They really would be good though, but I think the lack of "paper" would take a bit of getting used too!

LOL....I will hold off for a while too, hoping they will include us "downunder" eventually....oh yes...and also the price drop!! ;) They really would be good though, but I think the lack of "paper" would take a bit of getting used too!

• 3 weeks later...