Around the Seabourn Water Cooler... Off topic and fun posts here!- Updated

Host Dan

Sorry to make it confusing. Merely dry wit combined with pure envy. A harmless poke at your good fortune relative to the minor inconvenience you experienced.

Farscaper:

I thought I understood your post, but I can understand that Marja might not. As English isn't her first language, she doesn't always pick up on "dry wit" that is extended (in English)...! I'm sure all is well...and I envy her sailing schedule as much as you!

She and her husband, René, are wonderful, experienced cruisers, and are a joy to us all who have had the fortune to sail with them....

Smooth sailing to you....

Paul ;)

To Farscaper: It's OK! Some people don't understand my humour either (especially when I speak in Dutch!). And by the way I much rather show the cruises I look forward to, than the long list of cruises I've had the pleasure of doing already.....

To Paul: Thank you so much for standing up for me, you're the best! I will miss you this fall! Maybe, just maybe on Legend spring crossing.....

Still remains to be seen. For both of us as I understand.... René thinks it's too soon after our long cruise on the Odyssey, but I still want to go on that final Legend crossing.... Maybe you and I can share the suite.....???:rolleyes:

To Matt: Yes Matt, I know them. They're called "stroopwafels" in Holland. I haven't eaten those in a long while though. They sometimes prepare them fresh on markets here in Holland. We just brought a box for Nelson while on the Pride in June. He loved them too!

Marja

Looks like I had better book another train journey as I have only been to 4 of the ten stations mentioned in that article!! :eek: Cant believe the Moscow stations werent mentioned.

Couldn't resist! From the Daily Mail

Ryanair wants passengers to stand during its flights so the budget airline can squeeze more people onboard.

The Irish air carrier plans to cut costs by making fliers perch on stools with seatbelts around their waists.

Chief executive Michael O'Leary has already held talks with US plane manufacturer Boeing about designing an aircraft with standing room.

Couldn't resist! From the Daily Mail

Ryanair wants passengers to stand during its flights so the budget airline can squeeze more people onboard.

The Irish air carrier plans to cut costs by making fliers perch on stools with seatbelts around their waists.

Chief executive Michael O'Leary has already held talks with US plane manufacturer Boeing about designing an aircraft with standing room.

Just checked and the date is not April 1st

I forget which thread discussed the marina and Steve had posted some of his pictures. Today on GA's website there are other photos of the marina. Also, a terrific picture of a larger ship with the shadow of the Legend against it. Fabulous as always!

Interesting, this is a fav Seabourn spot:

Top 10 World's Sexiest Beaches

From Concierge.com editors:

1. The Baths, Virgin Gorda, Virgin Islands

Also, Hvar in Croatia was lower in the Top 10

Not sure how they define 'sexy' however.

Interesting, this is a fav Seabourn spot:

Top 10 World's Sexiest Beaches

From Concierge.com editors:

1. The Baths, Virgin Gorda, Virgin Islands

Also, Hvar in Croatia was lower in the Top 10

Not sure how they define 'sexy' however.

Champagne and caviar in the hot sun??? ;)

Champagne and caviar in the hot sun??? ;)

Well, it's not my cuppa, BTDT. After all, only Seabourn gets this I think. I know the Baths are an optional excursion on the Virgin Gorda day.

Hi...

If any solo cruisers are interested, I've asked my TA to cancel my reservation for the final Legend crossing, and there was a 140% single supplement to it. As soon as I hear it's been done, I'll post back. Hate to miss it, but... :eek: Might be a good opportunity for someone else....

Paul ;)

Hi...

If any solo cruisers are interested, I've asked my TA to cancel my reservation for the final Legend crossing, and there was a 140% single supplement to it.

Ok...it's been done. Hope someone here can take advantage of it! ("Active" or "Lurker"!!) Will miss seeing my friends on the Spring crossing, but will still see some on the November crossing!

Paul ;)

Paul,

Sorry you had to cancel the Spring Legend crossing! I think I will have to as well...

Martha,

I notice you're "on line"!

For fun I was checking the last page (64) of this board and I read a post of yours. The funny thing is, you still had a photo as an avatar there! You changed it on page 61. I always thought that the moment you change your avatar, it will be changed in all your posts from the past. That is what happens nowadays (I think...)

Have a nice weekend!

Marja

Marja

I clicked on "64" and our old posts from 2004 popped up!

I read some of the postings......am wondering what happened to some of our old loyal CC members and Seabourn Sailor's?

MB

And Martha, did you see that you changed your avatar on page 61? Then you decided to be "under cover"?

Yes Martha, I saw quite a few members who are no longer with us... very sad.

Marja

Life happens, and at an increasingly faster pace as you grow older. Or perhaps there is another word for what happens, one that wouldn't make it past the editors.

I suppose it should serve as a warning to keep making younger friends on your travels, much like it's best to have a young doctor, one who won't retire on you when you need them most.

Life happens, and at an increasingly faster pace as you grow older. Or perhaps there is another word for what happens, one that wouldn't make it past the editors.

I suppose it should serve as a warning to keep making younger friends on your travels, much like it's best to have a young doctor, one who won't retire on you when you need them most.

I'm thinking Marja meant not posting on CC, not "no longer with us" as in passed away!

I know many who aren't as active, as they aren't cruising right now... Then there are the die hards (pardon the pun) who post whether they are cruising or not!

Host Dan

Edited by Host Dan