Beverages

I'm sure there are many prior posts on this, but the search feature doesn't appear to be working so I'll have to ask a question I'm sure has been asked many times.

We're traveling on Vision of the Seas to Mexico, leaving this Sunday. We plan to purchase the kids soft drink $4/day plan for our 4 teens, but my husband and I prefer ice tea/water during the day and wine with dinner (to save some calories!!)

This is our 4th cruise, first one on RCCL. On another cruise line, they provided free ice tea from a drink station by the pool. It wasn't the best ice tea in the world, but it worked for us. Are any beverages like ice tea available at no cost on RCCL? If so, is there a special drink station?

Although we enjoy wine with dinner, we aren't sure we can drink the 5 bottles of wine that come with the Wine & Dine package. If we order a bottle of wine and only drink 1/2 the bottle, will they keep it for another night? Do they charge for this? We were thinking 3 bottles of wine would probably work for us. If they'll save it for us, we'll just order 3 bottles from the regular wine list.

Thanks for your advice!

Wendy

I'm sure there are many prior posts on this, but the search feature doesn't appear to be working so I'll have to ask a question I'm sure has been asked many times.

We're traveling on Vision of the Seas to Mexico, leaving this Sunday. We plan to purchase the kids soft drink $4/day plan for our 4 teens, but my husband and I prefer ice tea/water during the day and wine with dinner (to save some calories!!)

This is our 4th cruise, first one on RCCL. On another cruise line, they provided free ice tea from a drink station by the pool. It wasn't the best ice tea in the world, but it worked for us. Are any beverages like ice tea available at no cost on RCCL? If so, is there a special drink station?

yes, royal caribbean provides lemonade, water, and iced tea with every meal - and it's part of what you've already paid for your cruise fare. they sit it out in prefilled glasses at 'stations' at the windjammer buffet. i personally don't like the tea, but i'm from the deep south and consider myself to be pretty picky with tea.

Although we enjoy wine with dinner, we aren't sure we can drink the 5 bottles of wine that come with the Wine & Dine package. If we order a bottle of wine and only drink 1/2 the bottle, will they keep it for another night? Do they charge for this? We were thinking 3 bottles of wine would probably work for us. If they'll save it for us, we'll just order 3 bottles from the regular wine list.

Thanks for your advice!

Wendy

Yes, they will always save your unfinished wine! They DO NOT CHARGE FOR THIS! We always do the wine and dine, it is a better deal. It is just me and the hubby and we can finish 5 in a week. You can drink the wine at dinner and sometimes, we'll take our glasess, full from dinner, "to go" to the show. We love the wine and dine package.

You can have free ice tea throughout the ship. It comes free with all meals, there is a beverage station at the pool which has ice tea, you can find it at some bars, or the bartender will make you an ice tea, so you shoul be covered. The waiter will save your wine until you finish it.

Unless your kids drink soda non-stop all day, the soda card may not be a good buy for them, either. You can buy soda per can--you don't HAVE to buy a soda card to get a soda! A can runs $2.01 which includes that mandatory tip!

Archived