Poll: HAL Smoking Survey

Susan-M

Please provide an answer to each of the 3 sets of questions.  

1,786 members have voted

1. 1. Please provide an answer to each of the 3 sets of questions.

• I and/or my traveling companion(s) smoke.
    • I and/or my traveling companion(s) do NOT smoke.
    • I would cruise on HAL if smoking was prohibited in cabins and on balconies.
    • I would NOT cruise on HAL if smoking was prohibited in cabins and on balconies.
    • I would cruise on HAL if smoking was banned entirely.
    • I would NOT cruise on HAL if smoking was banned entirely

Since HAL is doing a smoking survey, I thought it would be interesting to see what the feedback is from CC members. I've amended the format for the poll, but otherwise the questions are similar to the 3 asked by HAL ... with 3 answers to be filled in.

The other smoking thread was closed by the board monitor.

Is it really necessary to start another smoking thread ?

By posting a poll I was hoping to get members' feedback to HAL's survey and at the same time keep the thread friendly. :)

The other smoking thread was closed by the board monitor.

Is it really necessary to start another smoking thread ?

I totally agree

how many polls and threads are necessary in any given month

my opinion would totally change if Seattle released the results of its polls .. the odds of that happening are about the same as gas going back down to $1.00 for regular before Memorial Day:)

anyone who goes to CC on a regular or even sometime basis (like me:D) knows where everyone on the board stands

let's get back to something more "topical"

ok: how do you get "spirits" past security so you can avoid:eek:

how many polls and threads are necessary in any given month

One of the nice things about forums is that you are not obligated to view or participate in threads that aren't of interest. So far, 72 people have found it interesting enough to vote on ... and only 2 complaints about the poll.;)

Wonder if there is some way to take a poll, but not allow any posts to accompany it. That way, you'd be able to offer the poll, without risking the entire thread, poll included, getting pulled because the moderators don't want any more smoking threads.

Host Walt? Any way to do that?

Blue skies ...

--rita

I think I may be in a minority, but neither my wife or I smoke cigarettes, but I occasionally enjoy a cigar out on deck while cruising. Usually after a few beers.:D Now I am all for banning any kind of smoking in the cabins and balconies, but I still think there should be a few places smokers can go to if they want, either cigars or cigarettes. What harm is it to have a few DESIGNATED smoking areas like the aft pool areas on the Veendam, Massdam class ships?

Now if HAL banned all smoking on the ships I wont say I would stop sailing with them, But I would be very disgruntled if I found out I could not enjoy my favorite cigar out on deck.

Wonder if there is some way to take a poll, but not allow any posts to accompany it.

--rita

Hi Rita,

I'm pleased to see that there haven't been any negative comments re smoking/non-smoking and that they only pertain to the issue of my posting the poll. It would be nice to keep this 'on track' and I think that's possible since posters can participate in the poll without commenting if they wish. :)

Interesting Poll. In the end I think what will determine whether or not people choose a particular cruiseline, will be what the policies are on other cruiselines going to the same destinations.

For me, I am taking my first cruise this summer. My wife has asthma and is deeply affected by smoke. We were not aware of any non-smoking policies when we booked our cruise. However, should we decide to cruise again, we will definitely only do it on a cruiseline that bans or significantly reduces smoking. I have read that Celebrity has taken a big step in reducing smoking. That would definitely appeal to us.

So, I think whether or not smokers choose to cruise on a certain line, will be determined by how many lines they may have to choose from where smoking is allowed. If all lines begin to deter smoking their only option will be to cruise and follow the smoking guidelines, or do not cruise at all.

I do not smoke, and would continue to cruise if smoking were banned on the ships. So, when I post my answers it skews them to the "no smoking on board" group.

This poll, like the one by HAL that it's based on, leaves no room for those of us who do not mind that smoking is allowed, as long as it's confined to specific areas. As long as there is enforcement of the "no smoking" policy in the areas it applies to, I don't need to have it banned.

I expect to see a tightening of the smoking allowed areas, with the answers to the questionnaire used to justify that, in spite of the fact it doesn't allow for every possibility.

For Pete's sake, won't this cr*p ever go away ??!! :rolleyes:

There is the option of not reading threads that you find annoying. So far 192 votes and only 3 complaints about the fact that I posted the poll.

Thank you to those who mentioned that they find it interesting.:)

There is the option of not reading threads that you find annoying. So far 192 votes and only 3 complaints about the fact that I posted the poll.

Thank you to those who mentioned that they find it interesting.:)

Count me in the crowd who finds it interesting. Thanks for the great poll idea:) .

Count me in the crowd who finds it interesting. Thanks for the great poll idea:) .

Thank you.:) When I read HAL's survey questions I wondered what the response would be. Although the results here won't duplicate HAL's results exactly, I thought it might give a good idea.

Thank you.:) When I read HAL's survey questions I wondered what the response would be. Although the results here won't duplicate HAL's results exactly, I thought it might give a good idea.

I agree, it's a good idea, and I appreciate that you posted this survey.

Might give us some idea of HAL's plans for their smoking policy...:cool:

Archived