What Free Fountain Drinks are Available?

mikjr

I'm not a soda drinker... so... I usually drink iced tea or coffee. Princess provides free tea, while Celebrity I believe provides both tea and punch.

Since we've never cruised HAL before... I'm just wondering what FREE fountain drinks are available in their buffet restaurant.

thanks...

Iced tea, hot tea, regular and decaf coffee (not specialty coffees), juices and milk are all free and with the exception of juice, I think they are all available 24/7 in the Lido.

Soda and other soft drinks you will pay for, as you will for bottled water.

You can also get coffee specialty drinks (think like Starbucks) at the Explorations Cafe. The prices are very, very reasonable ... and if I recall, I think they are even cheaper than what you would pay for similar drinks on land.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Has anyone seen lemonade passed on deck recently? Been a long time since I remember stewards going around with the trays of lemonade. Has that gone the way of the doe-doe bird?

And hot chocolate! Don't forget there's packets of hot chocolate available 24/7, too! :D Delish. :)

What about prepared hot chocolate? Is that offered, and if so, I am assuming you pay for that?

Where do you get the free packets of hot chocolate?

Has anyone seen lemonade passed on deck recently? Been a long time since I remember stewards going around with the trays of lemonade. Has that gone the way of the doe-doe bird?

My DH thinks they were still doing this last Fall on the Volendam Panama Canal cruise - on the Promenade deck. He really enjoys that.

Lemonade was available from the Lido buffet on the Oosterdam this past week 24/7.

:D :D :D

What about prepared hot chocolate? Is that offered, and if so, I am assuming you pay for that?

I've never looked for prepared hot chocolate, so haven't paid attention to see if it was passed out, or available at Explorations Cafe.

The packets are with the tea bags, sugar (etc), cream, and coffee/hot water urns in the Lido.

I always pre-heat my mug with hot water, then dump it and replace with fresh hot water and the chocolate packet.

I've never looked for prepared hot chocolate, so haven't paid attention to see if it was passed out, or available at Explorations Cafe.

The packets are with the tea bags, sugar (etc), cream, and coffee/hot water urns in the Lido.

I always pre-heat my mug with hot water, then dump it and replace with fresh hot water and the chocolate packet.

Thank you so much!! My first cruise is going to be so much easier thanks to so many posters like yourself who help out us newbies.

Never mind passing lemonade around on the deck(s)! How about lemonade being readily available at a dedicated drink station in the Lido like it is on the Lido(Resort) deck on Celebrity M-Class!!!

In my experience it seems to vary from ship to ship. I've been on some HAL ships that had juice and lemonade all the time, and some that don't have them available except at certain times. Must be up to the individual ship.

I think I recall reading that on the Alaska cruises, they come around with hot chocolate on the glacier viewing days. I was wondering if they do that, would it be complimentary?

I haven't seen it for many years.

I think I recall reading that on the Alaska cruises, they come around with hot chocolate on the glacier viewing days. I was wondering if they do that, would it be complimentary?

Yes. Unless there's a little "antifreeze" ;) in the refreshment, there's no charge.

There may (or may not) have been hot chocolate offered on my cold-weather cruises. I might just have been in the wrong place to see it.

Many, many years ago on a Baltic cruise on the Statendam, they served REAL hot chocolate from an urn like device in the Lido buffet area. It was available 24/7; & you could tell it was made w/ real chocolate & milk. It was to die for. Sure was hoping to see that again in Norway on the Rotterdam next month. Guess not.

The Explorations cafe has a great hot cocoa for a very nominal price, perfect for Alaska ! :D

Archived