if you have to chose the best cruise director from royalcaribbean who would it be

We have had Mike S on both AOS and VOS in the last 3 months. He was extremely funny and a very nice guy. We heard he is going to Seranade and looking forward to seeing him again next Jan. When we spoke to him, he thought he would be there.

He wanted to give us his email and then we missed him the last nite. If anyone knows how to get in touch with him. Let us know.

I remember him on another cruiseline many years ago. Does anyone know if he worked somewhere else besides RCI?

Easy choice : GRAHAM SEYMOUR

does anyone know if he is stil with RCI and if yes, which ship?

The only thing I regret about cruising with him is not having bought his DVD. We really enjoyed the entertainment and even my husband made the effort to be awake for the "very scary morning show".

That name Kieron Buffery rings a bell. You mentioned NCL. We were on the Star back in '05 to Alaska. I wonder if he was the cruise director then. I can remember the name---but not him! :rolleyes:

Here's another vote for Kieron Buffery. I'll admit I've only been on one RCI cruise on the Vision. Don't remember the cruise director on that one but I do remember we didn't like him. But we were on two NCL cruises with Kieron and thought that he was great. Personable, performer and took care of guests. They had a glow stick party. Asked him for some glow sticks for my son. He said that they were out but had some delivered to our cabin the next day. Quite nice. So far of all of our cruises (not that many) he's our favorite.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got back from the Transatlantic cruise on the Independence of the Seas. Graham Seymore was our Cruise Director. I LOVE HIM! He's hilarious and can sing quite well. At the farewell show he sang "Chasing Cars" by Snow Patrol..the acoustic version! Whew! Made me melt! What else can a girl ask for? Someone with a great sense of humor AND can sing....! I wanna marry Graham! I could be one of the nurses on the ship while he does the CD deal:) And for those who participated in "The Quest"...we know Graham likes my "upper half"...yes, that was my Bra he was playing with:) Hahaha! Graham was awesome!!

I just got back from the Transatlantic cruise on the Independence of the Seas. Graham Seymore was our Cruise Director. I LOVE HIM! He's hilarious and can sing quite well. At the farewell show he sang "Chasing Cars" by Snow Patrol..the acoustic version! Whew! Made me melt! What else can a girl ask for? Someone with a great sense of humor AND can sing....! I wanna marry Graham! I could be one of the nurses on the ship while he does the CD deal:) And for those who participated in "The Quest"...we know Graham likes my "upper half"...yes, that was my Bra he was playing with:) Hahaha! Graham was awesome!!

Yes, he was having some fun with your undergarment.....:D

He was very funny and what a great cruise.

We loved the band "Rock the Boat"!!! They made the cruise such fun, we followed them around to listen to their great music!!!! :)

I've twice been on a ship with Graham Seymour. Never once, any time I passed him in a hall or saw him at a function, did he ever smile at me, greet me, ask me how I was doing. Does not get my vote at all, though I concede he's got a wonderful singing voice.

I think he already got married, and went into semi retirement, seems it didn't work out and he's now back full time, you may be in with a chance:D

Graham had good fun with your underwear and gave us a lot of laughs. It was a wonderful cruise, with wonderful weather. While I liked Graham a lot my favourite is still Richard Spacey.

But good luck with trying to snare your man.

Jo

It is a close call between Clo O'Connor and Bobby Brown, but we have had any number of good CDs. Most have been at least acceptable and only a few that I felt were irritating. Their duties extend well beyond appearing onstage every evening to introduce the entertainers or to take part in some of the audience participation activities, so judging them solely on their stage presence or apparent rapport with the guests is probably unfair. :)

I've got a silly question here, but I've never been on a cruise before, so what exactly are the Cruise Director's duties?? From all these posts it sounds like most of these guys really get to know a lot of people, how do they have time for that??

Thanks!

we've only cruised 4 times, so haven't experianced many cruise directors, but my favourite by far is Graham Seymour, we thought he was fantastic. Looking forward to cruising with him again twice this summer.

:p :p ABE HUGHES !!! We just returned from our first RCCL on the Mariner around

South America. Abe was great --- very funny, personable and when we

were sitting next to him and girfirnd one day in the Windjammer for lunch -- was very "human" - (not at all "uppidity" like some can be). ;)

I've got a silly question here, but I've never been on a cruise before, so what exactly are the Cruise Director's duties?? From all these posts it sounds like most of these guys really get to know a lot of people, how do they have time for that??

Thanks!

DOM, the cruise director is in charge of all on board entertainment - mostly everything that's in the daily newsletter. He/she tries to get to as many of the events as is possible (with the help of Asst CDs) and can sometimes sing, dance, do stand up, etc. He/she hosts a lot of the on board entertainment, games, events. A lot of cruisers meet them that way. Some CDs are very visible. Some not so much. You can see him/her on the in cabin TV replaying some of the events/shows. They can also do a morning greeting and other things. If you have a good one, you'll know it.

Last year Clo was making announcement over the whole ship. She said something to the effect of, "it's a another beautiful day abord the Jewel of the Sleeze" :eek: She realized it after she had said it. Just rembember...loose lips sink ships!

maybe you should have made a poll instead of everyone creating a 12+ page thread. Anyways Matt Baker who is no longer with RCCL (is now with NCL) was super. The rest of them have been forgettable..... yeah and that includes Ken Rush and Richard Spacey.