Portable, folding lounge chairs

Has anyone ever taken a portable, folding lounge chair on a cruise? I'm thinking of those lounge chairs that fold up and are carried in a bag. Kind of in the shape of a golf bag.

I hate renting and lugging heavy chairs on the beach. There's never a lounge chair on our balcony AND at night the lounge chairs on deck are stacked up and tied down. If I brought my own chair, I could set it up anywhere anytime.:rolleyes:

All suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

I'm thinking of taking a lounge chair and and umbrella with me this time. We are driving to Bayonne, so there is no problem with the airlines. However, I might just take the umbrella, which has a sling carrier. I can sit on the beach, but I can't sit in the full sun all afternoon on the beach.

After all, I take these things to the beach here in Massachusetts. Why not take them on a cruise if I'm driving to the port?

Has anyone ever taken a portable, folding lounge chair on a cruise? I'm thinking of those lounge chairs that fold up and are carried in a bag. Kind of in the shape of a golf bag.

I hate renting and lugging heavy chairs on the beach. There's never a lounge chair on our balcony AND at night the lounge chairs on deck are stacked up and tied down. If I brought my own chair, I could set it up anywhere anytime.:rolleyes:

All suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

If I were to be sitting for many hours on a beach every day, the thought might pop up. However, the idea of carting the thing around all day, to use for an hour or 2 at a beach isn't worth it to me. Many times we walk and shop pre or post beach time and I certainly wouldn't want to carry it around in the heat. There's enough with my beachbag with lotions, camera etc. Don't need anything else. And storing it in the room after it's been on the beach everyday would just be a mess and a nuisance for me.

There are always chairs available if you look on all the outside decks in the evening. And if you book a larger stateroom, you might find a lounge chair on the balcony.

No, I wouldn't think of doing it.

If you're driving to port and luggage isn't a concern, go ahead. Have at it! It's only the "flying" to port thing that restricts what you can bring! However, those "bag chairs" are not at all comfy!

I'd take this instead:

http://store.buyhammocks.com/sobete20.html

Seriously, I would. I can't see how much it weighs or how small it folds, but I've already had a chunk of skin cancer removed, and I would definitely take this if I was driving to the pier, and it's not too big.

This looks like a neat gizmo, although if you look at the pic, you can see that at the angle of the shot, there was no sun protection offered unless you fit into the 3" of shade on the left side. (not smart marketing. LOL!)

Re: you tag line, "I want to die on board a ship".

Gee, I hope I'm not on that cruise!

Archived