I live in Copenhagen - can give advice

@ CTBob

Nørreport station is the one closest to Rosenborg Castle, Both S-trains and regular trains stops here but only the S-train goes directly from Nordhavn to Nørreport.

@ Bobocasey

Is it the 24 hour ticket for the Hop on Hop off busses you need the price for or the 24 CPH Card.

The 24 hour CPH Card cost 249 and does not include the busses but one canal tour is included (both Stromma and Netto Bådene)

There is a 10 % discount on the bus company called Open Top Tours of Copenhagen Hop on Hop off and 33 % discount on the busses run by Copenhagen Tours.

The hop on hop off bus is 185 for 24 hours and 210 including the canal tour but this is with Stromma and their website is sightseeing.dk

@ meganttt

The most popular is the one at Bertel Thorvaldsens Plads, bus 26 (either towards Færgehavn Nord or Langelinie) will get you directly from your hotel at the bus stop at Trommesalen to the fleamarket on the bus stop called Stormbroen, Nationalmuseet.

The City Pass, CPH Card and 24 hour transportation card is valid in 24 hour from the time its validated.

@ 8 Bells

You can use bus number 26 both ways and the way i will do it looks like this.

Take bus 26 from just outside the gate to the freeport to Kongens Nytorv.

Here you have Amalienborg, Nyhavn and canal boat tour at one place.

With the canal tour you will see the Little Mermaid from the waterside but that should do it :cool:

Then you can walk from Nyhavn along strøget, maybe a detour to the round tower (included in the CPH Card) and then you will end up on the other side of Strøget at the Town Hall Square and Tivoli.

From here you can take bus 26 back to the pier (towards Færgehavn Nord) or take a short cut by taking any northbound train from the nearby central station and get off at Østerport station where you will get on 26 for the last leg.

All of these things are included in the Copenhagen Card and if you do a rundown of the numbers then you will save 54 DKK and get the added flexibility.

Copenhagen Card = 249

Bus/train ticket, 24 * 2 = 48

Canal Tour = 70

Amalienborg (the museum) = 65

Tivoli = 95

Runde Taarn (The Round Tower) = 25

In total 303 DKK

@ Bliss1952

The most easy way is to fly but the most romantic way is to take the direct night train in a deluxe cabin.

I just took June 20th to get any idea of what the possibilities are prices are from around 120 Euro to around 800 Euro for 2 persons depending on type of ticket and flight time is around 90 minutes.

SAS are departing at...

06:55

10:25

14:20

17:30

20:20

and Norwegian at

18:40

The night train departs at 19:01 and arrives at 10:07 the next morning

Here are the prices for 2 persons with the discount ticket that are not refundable and the regular ticket.

Wagon with seats (not recommended)

98 and 250 Euro

Compartment with 6 beds

138 and 282 Euro

Compartment with 4 beds

158 and 302 Euro

I am not sure if you will have the compartment for yourself but the text in german says "2 Personen im 6er Abteil" so I´m not sure.

Sleeping wagon

Economy double room

238 and 362 Euro

Deluxe double room

498 and 564 Euro

@ Bliss1952

The most easy way is to fly but the most romantic way is to take the direct night train in a deluxe cabin.

Compartment with 6 beds

138 and 282 Euro

Compartment with 4 beds

158 and 302 Euro

I am not sure if you will have the compartment for yourself but the text in german says "2 Personen im 6er Abteil" so I´m not sure.

Sleeping wagon

Economy double room

238 and 362 Euro

Deluxe double room

498 and 564 Euro

The German text means that the price is for 2 persons in a compartment for 6, so you may be joined by 4 persons you know nothing about.

We are looking to book a cruise departing copenhagen in 2013. There will be four of us (maybe six) coming in 2 days before cruise. We are in our 50s and 60s.

What are safe areas to stay? Should we look at short-term apartments or is hotel our best option? We are hearing the Copenhagen is expensive, so if we can find something reasonably priced--all the better.

Thanks

Bill

The 2 apartment hotels Charlottehaven and Adina are both located in the posh Østerbro Area but i don't know their prices but hotels.com should have some good offers and the main hotel operator in Copenhagen called Arp Hansen hotel group has a offer going at the. Moment.

Their hotels are among others Copenhagen Island, Tivoli Congress Center (2 hotels) The Square, Imperial and a few more.

We arrive early afternoon the day prior to our embarkation and are staying at the Copenhagen Hilton Airport(got a nice package deal including dinner and breakfast) Trying to decide if we should book a Princess transfer to the airport-pier or get a taxi from the hotel-pier. We can easily walk 2 minutes back to the airport to get the Princess transfer but are not excited about their possibly rigid scheduled for transfer.

If we opt for a taxi from the Hilton,what is a good time to leave so we can get onboard early enough to try to get to the MDR for lunch or is this a pipe dream?

I think I've narrowed it down between the Bethel and Clarion Collection Hotel Neptun. The Neptun is about $40 US more per night but includes a light dinner each night. They both seem in the same general area. We are planning to stay two nights. Is one a much better choice than the other? Thank you.

Hi there. Which hotel did you choose? We have booked Hotel Bethel both before and after cruise. If Hotel Bethel, we would appreciate your comments regarding your stay there. Thanks.:)

Hi Danish Viking -- love that you're being a tour guide for everyone here, so nice of you.

My mom (age 64) and I (age 43) will be in Copenhagen before our cruise in June, and are excited about seeing the fun pagan celebration of the solstice with the bonfires! While we do enjoy a nice glass of wine or two, we are not crazy partiers and would hope to avoid the more "rave" type bonfires. Any suggestions on a nice way to see this unique celebration that's somewhere between kid-ridden (I'm leaving my 8 year old twins behind for this trip and looking forward to a bit of time of NOT being a mommy....) and college kid type partiers? We're staying at the Axel Hotel -- no clue where that is as I haven't started mapping things out yet.

thanks so much! -- Tara, Los Angeles

Between 14:00 and 24:00 at Nyhavn with Copenhagen Harbour Jazz performing could be a option.

Then theres this thing in Tivoli, i translated it with Google so its look a little bit funny

Sankthansaften in Tivoli

Music, bonfire and witches at the Tivoli Lake

Saturday the 23rd of June may Tivolis guests experience a fantastic sankthansaften in Tivoli. The evening would for example offer a bonfire and witches! DR girls Choir, DR Juniorchoir as well as DR childrens Choir sings midsommervisen (the mid summer song), and Tivolis guests is naturally invited to sing along!

Programme

Tivoli Lake kl. 21,30 Lur instruments in the Tivoli-Garden

Bålet tændes and DR girls Choir, DR Junior Choir and DR Childrens Choir sings Midsommervisen

Sankthansaften also offers:

Plænen kl. 22,00 and 23,00 Saturdays Swing with Michael Carøe and Tivolis Big Band

Medvirkende

DR Girls Choir

DR Junior Choir

DR Childrens Choir

Michael Bojesen, conductor

Susanne Wendt, conductor

place

The Bonfire is located in The Tivoli Lake between the restaurant Færgekroen and the Bridge in the Tivoli Lake

Billetter

The whole thing is included in the ticket price to Tivoli.

First of all - this is an absolutely FABULOUS thread:) Thank you so much:) If I may ask please - you mentioned that non Danish credit/debit cards are not accepted.....We are Canadian and have chip credit and debit cards.

With that being the case, we should be able to use them? Just want to make sure. Thanks:D:D

Its just the ones without a Pin code that is generally not accepted.

Thanks that is what I thought - but I just wanted to make sure:D

Again, thanks for your help:D

I will probably do it the other way so you go via Østre Anlæg, Bothanical Garden, Rosenborg Castle (and Kongens Have) Nyhavn, Amalienborg, Kastellet and back to Langelinie.

The walking time is around 90 minutes and a canal tour takes 60 minutes so you can now count how much time you have.

If you want to see the changing of the guard at noon you can be at Rosenborg at 10:00 when its open and then switch around Nyhavn and Amalienborg.

http://maps.google.dk/maps?saddr=Langelinie,+K%C3%

B8benhavn&daddr=55.6926197,12.5859743+to:Botanisk+have,+%C3%98ster+Farimagsgade,+K%C3%B8benhavn+to:Rosenborg+Slot,+K%C3%B8benhavn+to:Nyhavn,+K%C3%B8benhavn+to:Amalienborg+Slot,+K%C3%B8benhavn+to:Kastellet,+K%C3%B8benhavn+to:Langelinie,+K%C3%B8benhavn&hl=da&ie=UTF8&ll=55.68823,12.586083&spn=0.016837,0.038409&sll=55.690141,12.585354&sspn=0.016836,0.038409&geocode=FTXZUQMddkLAACHZey-4AUdZ9ikxdoMq3FJSRjEPysqOWp7a1Q%3BFUvNUQMd9gvAAClTKmQe4lJSRjHCrUWUgvIaOg%3BFUK2UQMdSNq_ACEmWkaGuATuoQ%3BFZuyUQMdg-q_ACHh8_nh03Cg5A%3BFemYUQMdvCLAACE4vU4Eke_lQg%3BFSurUQMd_ifAACE_VRWdq3_xXA%3BFVrHUQMdpy7AACHy4uUHqygpdimljpf231JSRjECKS6GdsGVHA%3BFTXZUQMddkLAACHZey-4AUdZ9ikxdoMq3FJSRjEPysqOWp7a1Q&oq=langelinie&dirflg=w&mra=dpe&mrsp=1&sz=15&via=1&t=m&z=15

Hi Danish Viking-

Thanks so much for your suggestion. Can you tell me if there are buses that run the route that you suggested for us?

Really appreciate your helping everyone out!:)

Joyce

DV,

Great help you are providing here. Thanks.

I tried reading recent few pages of this thread and actually got bit confused about pas.

I am going to be in CPH for exactly 23 hours Sat afternnon to Sunday afternoon.

Dont know if will have time to take advantage of CPH card fully a scpmpared to city pass.

Would like to do a boat tour, may be visit to mermad statue and will be staying next to central station (so to and form from Airport in that 23 hours)

What is 24 hr city pass and what is 24 hr transport pass? is there a link to find more info? is CPH card available at airport or have to be bought before hand?

thnx

First of all - this is an absolutely FABULOUS thread:) Thank you so much:) If I may ask please - you mentioned that non Danish credit/debit cards are not accepted.....We are Canadian and have chip credit and debit cards.

With that being the case, we should be able to use them? Just want to make sure. Thanks:D:D

We just used a US Visa without chip and pin to pay for our taxi in Copenhagen, also used an AMEX (no chip/pin) 2 years ago in C. to pay for our hotel, no problems.

@ Realtor Joyce

From Amalienborg you can take the bus 26 back to the pier but then you will not pass the kastellet fortress on your way back.

@ hal2008

City Pass is both in 24 hours and 72 hours and covers Copenhagen and the airport (zone 1, 2, 3 and 4).

The price is 75 and 190 DKK

The 24 hour transportation ticket covers the greater Copenhagen area, so you can also visit Frederiksborg and Kronborg castles, viking ship museum in Roskilde and the Open Air Museum and other things located outside Copenhagen.

This card cost 130 DKK

The Copenhagen Card also covers transportation in the greater Copenhagen area but also free or reduced entrance to most tourist attractions in the greater Copenhagen area.

The price for this one is

24 hour - 249 DKK

72 hour - 479 DKK

120 hours - 699 DKK

But the only thing you have to pay for besides the transportation is the canal tour and that only cost 70 DKK but how many persons are yopu travelling with because maybe a Klippekort is better for transportation if you are not using it to get to and from the pier.

The best option is to use bus number 26.

Page 1 (to Copenhagen) and page 3 (to freeport terminal) is departures on a regular weekday, the direction back to the cruise pier is Færgehavn Nord.

Skudehavnsvej is the closest bus stop on the timetable to the cruise terminal but the one you gonna use is called Kalkbrænderihavnsgade but they are located almost next to each other so they have the same departure times in the timetable.

http://www.moviatrafik.dk/Timetable%20Resources/26-0026-111211.pdf

Thank you all for 188 pages of shared information! I tried hard to read through all of it since it shared soooo much information... but time is running short so I must ask for info I hope you have not shared repeatedly recently). I am having difficulties reserving space in a hotel that can house 3 adults in one room. (Our daughter is 20 and will be traveling with us).

We wanted to stay at the Nimb... but we will be visiting precruise with an overlap of the solstice with the bonfires, so it has been a bit harder to get a hotel. Could you recommend some of the best moderate to high price places to stay that can accomodate more than 2 guests in a room? We are currently booked at The Adina and I am reading a lot of negative reviews. We will stay 2 evenings precruise and one more post cruise before flying out first flight the next morning.

Robyn

Archived