If You Have To Cancel Your Cruise

Woobstr112G

I was checking into having to possibly cancel my Emerald T/A in Oct. One thing I found out from Princess is the only way they will refund is to send back each transaction to the card you sent it in from. Not knowing this when I booked my cruise, I paid with several credit cards some of which I no longer have. I also made numerous payments. So now I have 22K sitting with princess that will be sent back to me piece meal compounded by waiting for paper checks to arrive should the accout be no longer in existance or the account number different re: lost/stolen card.

I guess what I'm trying to say is for those of you like me who wern't aware, don't be dumb like me. Pay with only one card and pay only once with the exception of the deposit.

Bob

I was checking into having to possibly cancel my Emerald T/A in Oct. One thing I found out from Princess is the only way they will refund is to send back each transaction to the card you sent it in from. Not knowing this when I booked my cruise, I paid with several credit cards some of which I no longer have. I also made numerous payments. So now I have 22K sitting with princess that will be sent back to me piece meal compounded by waiting for paper checks to arrive should the accout be no longer in existance or the account number different re: lost/stolen card.

I guess what I'm trying to say is for those of you like me who wern't aware, pay with only one card and pay only once with the exception of the deposit.

I'm sorry you weren't aware of this and you make a good point but it's pretty standard practice, and has been for many years, if you bought something using a credit card and cancel or send it back, the refund is made to the CC used. Doesn't matter whether it's a pair of pants or a cruise, it's a standard practice all over the world. I've booked hotels independently and put down a 1st night deposit. Then, had to cancel the cruise and always, the deposit is returned to the CC.

I'm sorry you weren't aware of this and you make a good point but it's pretty standard practice, and has been for many years, if you bought something using a credit card and cancel or send it back, the refund is made to the CC used. Doesn't matter whether it's a pair of pants or a cruise, it's a standard practice all over the world. I've booked hotels independently and put down a 1st night deposit. Then, had to cancel the cruise and always, the deposit is returned to the CC.

I know, it's just I wish I would have remembered this when I made probably 40+ individual payments paying it off. You'd think princess could press a couple of buttons and wire the money to one particular account say the bank debit card or just send me a check via certified/registered mail. It's my fault granted, but I was just hoping it could be done a different way...

Bob

If it is any consolation, the closed account numbers which were due to lost/stolen cards are usually linked to your new account with the same bank. And the refund should post to your new account without any trouble. Only if you totally closed the account and did not re-open a new one with the same institution will you get a paper check, at least with most banks.

Well, All is good. It looks like I will not have to cancel my cruise.:) :) :)

Bob

Future: Diamond Princess Aus/Nz 01/09

Future: Emerald Princess Med/Trans Atlantic 10/08

Constellation Europe 07/06

Summit Alaska Repositioning 05/05

Summit Panama Canal 10/02

Rhapsody Of The Seas Alaska 09/01

Spledour Of The Seas Baltic 09/99

Veendam Eastern Caribbean 07/96

Holiday Western Carribean 07/93

Ooops, Sorry about the dbl post...

Bob