No spare key cards on Golden

Shelly97060

We just said we need an extra key for each room. The ones they gave us had no information on them. He had to write the room number on the back so we knew which was which. Maybe you got someone grumpy. We did request it the first night. We also had to have the girls cards replaced about day 4 because the top clear plastic cover was peeling off and it wouldn't open the door anymore. Those cards had all the information on them.

We just said we need an extra key for each room. The ones they gave us had no information on them. He had to write the room number on the back so we knew which was which. Maybe you got someone grumpy. We did request it the first night. We also had to have the girls cards replaces about day 4 beacuse the top clear plastic cover was peeling off and

So wait, what happened? did you just say that "we need an extra key for each room. The ones they gave us had no information on them. He had to write the room number on the back so we knew which was which. Maybe you got someone grumpy. We did request it the first night. We also had to have the girls cards replaces about day 4 beacuse the top clear plastic cover was peeling off and" ?

Because I wasn't sure if thats what you said... :D

I had absolutely no problem getting an extra key card for a friend on my Sapphire cruise because I hoped she'd come and use my balcony. I plan to get an extra key card for my daughter on the Crown in a month, and I'm sure I'll be given one.

I find it very, very hard to understand that when you explained you were traveling with two children and wanted a key card to their cabin, they wouldn't give one to you or give the kids yours.

Hello,

I tried two different times to get spare cards to the rooms, but no luck.

In the past we have gotten the blank ones, that have no room number on them. I had my son with me and explained that I needed a spare key to his room, and he needed to be able to get into mine. I asked very nicely (really :D) but was told "no" due to security reasons.

Given that Baileybaby was able to get them it seems they didn't understand what I was asking for...Perhaps I just hit them on a grumpy day or it was just a fluke.

We worked around it, but I was surprised so wanted to share.

I am so sorry. I really only pushed send once and when I came back this morning I couldn't believe it. Anybody know how to get rid of my million posts? I have to say this is why I don't post much. I can mess anything up. :confused: Sorry again

We just said we need an extra key for each room. The ones they gave us had no information on them. He had to write the room number on the back so we knew which was which. Maybe you got someone grumpy. We did request it the first night. We also had to have the girls cards replaces about day 4 beacuse the top clear plastic cover was peeling off and

What??? :eek:

Takes 30 seconds between posts so I don't know how you accomplished that.

We just got off the Golden and we had just the opposite. We were given a spare key for each room with no questions asked. Matter of fact they didn't even ask us to see our room cards or ID.

Good lord, I hope there is more to this that you are saying. You just asked for a spare key to a room without identifying yourself or showing any proof that was your room? Talk about being liable for a HUGE lawsuit.:eek:

.......... I don't post much.

Oh, I think that's been changed now, eh?;)

I have seen this forum do that before, but usually it's just a duplicate post. Never seen it do so many.............but, if it's a machine, it can break, right. Don't worry about it!:D

We've always been able to get a spare kid for our rooms so we can go into the kid's cabin and they can go into ours. We just did this on our 3/29/08 Crown sailing without a problem so I know they were doing it then. We're usually one of the first on the ship and I go straight to the purser's desk to get the keys.

Archived