Platinum status or a variety of cruise lines?

SunshneNC

What is most important to you? Platinum status or a variety of cruise lines?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. What is most important to you? Platinum status or a variety of cruise lines?

• Platinum status
    • Variety of cruise lines

Variety!

We choose which cruiseline we sail based on itinerary, price, dates, if we're going with others or alone, so variety works for us. Plus, I think it's interesting to see and experience new things such as ships, activities, food offerings, etc.

Where do you place the most emphasis when cruising? Would you rather stay with the same cruise line over and over again for platinum status or would you like to experience more than one cruise line?

I'd rather have the platinum status. I may try RCCL in the future, but I am happy with Carnival and like they say, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it..."

The emphasis for me is value for the money. Carnival has been that value along with a quality cruise experience.

Now that I reach Platinum status, I can go venture out into RCI land and when I return to Carnival I will still have those perks.

We cruise Carnival because for us they provide the best package.

Fred

While I chose Platinum status - that's not really it at all.

I cruise Carnival because I like the company, the ships and the prices. I cruise to cruise and don't care where it's going.

I've cruised for over 30 years with 200+ under my belt...most of them were "working" cruises. Have sailed most of the seas, most of the rivers and canals on most of the cruise lines....current and defunct companies and ships.

Personally, I take Caribbean cruises because the price is right and it's easy to get to port...for me, just a few hours flight to Florida... I take Carnival because they have the best prices for what I want; a balcony for a solo traveler. Sometimes I get off the ship in port, sometimes not.

For me, I'd never pay to take an extended European cruise. I fly to Europe every couple of years and will do my sightseeing by car or train.

However, I have taken 2 freighter cruises. 28 days on Grimaldi out of Southampton and 31 days out of NY on Rickmeers Ridieri....and loved every minute of it. I simply love the sea and will do whatever is necessary to keep cruising.

As for Platinum? I enjoy the perks... I have 61 Carnival cruises in my history (62 and 63 coming up this year) but, have nothing from most of those cruises such as pictures, etc to prove Elite status-don't much care anyway.. I'm tickled pink to be Platinum. What I like the very best is priority boarding and priority tendering.

Our family of four was Platinum before there was a "Platinum"...so we clearly do not cruise Carnival for the perks.

We cruise Carnival for the value.

Although, our 16 year old will be a Milestone Rewards Member by the end of the year....and the 25% OBC will be gladly accepted!!

I have a goal to be Platinum on every line. So far I have made it on Carnival, one more to go each on RCI and Princess. 2 more for NCL. Have not worried about HAL yet because I am not quite ready for that crowd.

Our family of four was Platinum before there was a "Platinum"...so we clearly do not cruise Carnival for the perks.

We cruise Carnival for the value.

Although, our 16 year old will be a Milestone Rewards Member by the end of the year....and the 25% OBC will be gladly accepted!!

LHP, you took the words right out of my mouth - except we're a family of three. Or maybe not, when did platinum start? Our tenth Carnival cruise was in 2002.

Do you mean that your 16 year old will have been on 25 cruises? Wow, that's impressive!

We loved the Platinum perks we received in April on the Freedom and are looking forward to the same on the next two cruises. However---

I can't decide on the cruise after the Med cruise. I'm stuck between the Miracle to Bermuda in 4/10 or the Sapphire Princess on the west coast. We truly loved the Crown Princess and bought future cruise credits.

Now that I reach Platinum status, I can go venture out into RCI land and when I return to Carnival I will still have those perks.

We cruise Carnival because for us they provide the best package.

Fred

I am with you Fred! We always look around - but then end up back with Carnival because it is the best deal.

Where do you place the most emphasis when cruising? Would you rather stay with the same cruise line over and over again for platinum status or would you like to experience more than one cruise line?

I am staying with the cruiseline that hooked me on cruising. Right now I have #8 booked for me, ( hubster is one behind me). I love Carnival and will keep on truckin tward the Platinum and beyond status!

I voted platinum status because we're already there but we'll stick with Carnival as long as they keep giving good military discounts. Plus, twice a year, our friends can book with us and get the military rate :D

I didn't choose either option, because neither fit. Yes, I would like to be Platinum, am halfway there...But all of my cruises have been chosen for the itinerary and deal. I chose to sail out of Jacksonville and Port Canaveral on Carnival because I was needing a cruise break, and I could drive to the ports. But I chose the QE2 because she is a classic being retired, and I thought it was something we needed to do. I also wanted to go back to Iceland. i wasw thinking my next cruise after that would be Fascination, after she gets to Jacksonville. But I got a heads up on a HAL cruise deal, so I have booked a 32 day San Diego to Rome for next year. EM

I have a goal to be Platinum on every line. So far I have made it on Carnival, one more to go each on RCI and Princess. 2 more for NCL. Have not worried about HAL yet because I am not quite ready for that crowd.

Same here:D

I'm Platinum on Carnival than did it on RCCL (even though the aren't the same). Have to do one more on Princess after November.

I chose platinum, but only because that was the closest option to fit our needs. We cruise because we love being in a dream world for a week. We pick the cruise on price, debark port (drive vs. flight if possible), Sr. discount availability, etc. We have only been on CCL and RCI, and love both equally.

Archived