jeans on casual nights????

Hi All,

I mostly lurk here, and DH and I are going on a 4 night on the Enchantment soon. Is it okay to wear jeans and a nice shirt to the dining room on casual nights? We've never done that on our previous cruises, but we're trying to pack light this time.

It's been a few years since we've cruised, and I can't remember if jeans were accepted on casual nights.

Thanks.

Hi All,

I mostly lurk here, and DH and I are going on a 4 night on the Enchantment soon. Is it okay to wear jeans and a nice shirt to the dining room on casual nights? We've never done that on our previous cruises, but we're trying to pack light this time.

It's been a few years since we've cruised, and I can't remember if jeans were accepted on casual nights.

Thanks.

Yes.

However if packing light is really the issue you're better of with khaki's or something. Jeans are heavier and bulkier than almost any other kind of pants:rolleyes:

That's so true - I'm packing tonight for a trip where I know it's going to be hot - the jeans are definitely not coming, way too heavy.

That was my first thought, too. They're a little too casual for the main dining room, for my taste, but you can get by with them. I just don't get the connection with packing light.

Maybe they're cut-offs :D

Jeans with a nice shirt will be perfectly appropriate. Personally, I don't find jeans any bulkier then other pants and as far as the temperature goes the dining rooms are usually kept very cold.

While I don't find jeans unacceptable, on a carribean cruise, they're just not "tropical"! Too heavy, too hot! Capris, or light cotton pants are much more in keeping with a warm destination vacation, for me!

Jeans with a nice shirt will be perfectly appropriate. Personally, I don't find jeans any bulkier then other pants and as far as the temperature goes the dining rooms are usually kept very cold.

I agree! No more bulkier to pack. And being inside in the air conditioning to boot. As far as not fitting into a tropical destination.......neither do suits and tux's..........

You'll be fine.

However if packing light is really the issue you're better of with khaki's or something. Jeans are heavier and bulkier than almost any other kind of pants:rolleyes:

In my case (Alaska cruise next month), jeans in the dining room will help me pack lighter because I will take a couple of pairs of jeans (decent jeans, not ripped, torn, etc). I will wear them during the day on some days with t-shirt/fleece, etc and to the dining room on casual nights with a nice top. When they need to be washed I'll pay RCCL to do that for me. That way I'll be able to bring just the two pairs and won't have to bring additional pants/skirts/dresses for casual nights in the dining room. This will give me quite a bit more room in my suitcase! :D

Deborah

While I don't find jeans unacceptable, on a carribean cruise, they're just not "tropical"! Too heavy, too hot! Capris, or light cotton pants are much more in keeping with a warm destination vacation, for me!

That may go for the day time when the sun is blaring, but at nighttime the indoor areas of the ship are air conditioned and outside the temperature cools off and there is a significant breeze with the ship chugging along. Although I personally do not wear jeans in the dining room, I do often put them on after dinner and find them very comfortable on Caribbean cruises in the evening.

Please don't tell my husband and son ... cruises are the only time I can have them wear something other than jeans : )

But, yes, I've seen many people wear jeans to dinner on casual night, as such I think this may be the last cruise I can pull this one off ... as my husband isn't observant on what others are wearing but my son, who is now 11, will start to care ... but that's 6 more dinners with them wearing a collared shirt and khakis!!!

Oh, and I don't care what you wear to dinner, as long as the important parts are covered ... even then, you can flash an important part or two depending on what they look like : )

True, but for folks like me - we're coming from winter/maybe snow to FL to the ship - we'll be wearing our jeans down - don't need room in the suitcase for them.

You'll be fine.

Not being from the south what is a "hucklebuck"?

North, South, East or West a hucklebuck is a someone that is back woodsy and probably has 8 dogs under their double wide. Thinks dressed up is bib overalls and a flannel shirt with a baseball cap on, backwards.

North, South, East or West a hucklebuck is a someone that is back woodsy and probably has 8 dogs under their double wide. Thinks dressed up is bib overalls and a flannel shirt with a baseball cap on, backwards.

And that is what you think of jean wearers on a cruise:confused:

Archived