Aft Cabin 1402 on Independence - Loud? Good? Sooty?

Hi all,

Just switched my cabin on IOS from Deck 2 OV to Deck 10 Aft D1 #1402. Since I have never sailed in the aft, can you describe the benefits/drawbacks? This is just under Windjammer so I feel like that might be a noise issue early and late. Your thoughts on this cabin?

I had the 1704 D1 Deck 10 on the Freedom, It was fantastic, Never heard any noise up top. Room was larger than a standard D1 and Balcony was deeper than a normal balcony. You will love it, the view is fantastic.... there is something special about that wake the ship leaves behind, the water is a beautiful color. Also it is on a quiet part of the hallway! Have a blast, I have only done the one cruise, but have an aft booked for next month in Alaska, hopelessly addicted to AFT! Never saw any soot either...

I agree, love the AFT, we are booked AFT on Independence 11/2009

Have sailed aft x2 Serenade & Radiance...rooms are bigger & balconys are great. I agree 100% about the wake made by the ship....is stunning (esp in Hawaii)

We had an AFT on the Jewel, best ever! I have heard the AFT rooms on Voyager and Freedom are a little different than Radiance due to the super structre (views may not be as open, but still awesome and very acceptable. I guess I will find out in march, we have an AFT JS booked on IOS.

Hi all,

Just switched my cabin on IOS from Deck 2 OV to Deck 10 Aft D1 #1402. Since I have never sailed in the aft, can you describe the benefits/drawbacks? This is just under Windjammer so I feel like that might be a noise issue early and late. Your thoughts on this cabin?

1402 on the Independence (or any Freedom class ship) is identical to 1390 or 1690 on any Voyager class ship.

You can see pictures of the cabin and the balcony here: (decor will be different, size and shape will be exactly the same): http://travel.webshots.com/album/48328219CtbGLi (Many thanks, as always, to Bonnie Voyager, for this album)

1402 on the Independence (or any Freedom class ship) is identical to 1390 or 1690 on any Voyager class ship.

You can see pictures of the cabin and the balcony here: (decor will be different, size and shape will be exactly the same): http://travel.webshots.com/album/48328219CtbGLi (Many thanks, as always, to Bonnie Voyager, for this album)

Great Photos, thanks for sharing!

merion mom. I just looked at your webshots from the voyager. on the great looking aft u show all the aft cabins. Can u tell me which of those aft cabins are the junior suties? On the RCCL website it shows voyager having two junior suites in the aft. Thanks.

Hiya

We had 1700 on the Indy in May and have managed to snatch 1402 on her in August 2009. We loved 1700 and its huge balcony and managed to have a peek at 1402. Also a huge deep balcony and definitely a bigger cabin too than your average D1. Longer than 1700 but not as wide.

Have a fantastic cruise. We have a long time to wait now till we are back again.

Thanks for the info everyone. If you have ever been directly under the Windjammer, did you notice noise, moving chairs, walking feet overhead?

Have had an aft twice and was directly under the WJ and had no issues at all with noise, Also have never had a problem with soot or any kind of trash.

merion mom. I just looked at your webshots from the voyager. on the great looking aft u show all the aft cabins. Can u tell me which of those aft cabins are the junior suties? On the RCCL website it shows voyager having two junior suites in the aft. Thanks.

They aren't my pictures; as I said, they are in Bonnie Voyager's album.

If you look at the deck plans on Royal Caribbean's website, the JS cabins on the aft are 1394, 1694, 7692, 7694, 7394, 7392. (on any Voyager class ship).

So the pictures of JS cabins are those with one of these 6 cabin numbers.

Thanks so much, got to see the rooms we're in for our yearly cruise with our friends in April!!! First time we have gotten aft cabins. We usually get a suite when we travel with our kids, but now with a SIL, these cabins may be the way to go!

Archived