RevNeal's LIVE Eurodam Report

RevNeal

These posts are the greatest, but I now have to ask. After reading your breakfast menu aren't you at the point in the cruise where no matter how wonderful the offerings you are just tired of the ships food? I know that for me I feel this way after 9 or 10 days.

Maybe its' because I love to cook or maybe its just the same old, but I felt that way as you described your last breakfast. With that said, I would still trade places in a minute with any one aboard any ship right now!

Thank you Greg!

Figures my comp goes Kablooey a few days and all these great reviews and pics show up.

*LOL*

Oh well all caught up now :)

RevNeal,

Glad that you are having such a great time despite roving bands of rug rats and a few other occurances.

The pictures are absolutely beautiful. Thank you for sharing them.

Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

These posts are the greatest, but I now have to ask. After reading your breakfast menu aren't you at the point in the cruise where no matter how wonderful the offerings you are just tired of the ships food? I know that for me I feel this way after 9 or 10 days.

Maybe its' because I love to cook or maybe its just the same old, but I felt that way as you described your last breakfast. With that said, I would still trade places in a minute with any one aboard any ship right now!

Hmmmm ... no.

I don't grow tired of the ship's food.

When I find myself growing tired of the offerings in the main dining room, etc., there's always the alternative restaurants and/or the terrace grill or some such similar from Room Service.

I look at it this way: I'm not having to buy the food, cook the food, clean up after fixing and eating the food ... what more could anyone want??? :D

When I'm sitting at home with my TV dinner I'll look back on these 23 days and say "ah, yes!"

Greetings from Saint Petersburg!

Not going to post a long message tonight because I'm late for cocktails prior to dinner. I'll just leave you with a single photo, and promise a more detailed report (and a few photos) later (though not tonight ... I'm tired).

It was a GREAT day! Wow, what a trip!

edam105.jpg

Breakfast for me at home isn't very interesting. Eggs,sausage, bacon, pancakes, waffles, muffins, toast, bagels, English muffins, oatmeal, and most days cereal. All of these items are available on the ship PLUS the fantastic muesili! What could be better than not cooking or cleaning up?

OH! RevNeal, I'm so glad you are having a wonderful time on this cruise. Thanks for including the pics with your posts.

RevNeal - I am enjoying reading your posts so much! I feel like I'm on the trip, too! I haven't seen the cabin pictures you said you would try to post. Have they gone up yet? I just don't want to miss them! Interested in seeing what a Cat SS looks like. Thanks again for "taking me along."

LOL ... some friends and I had the same problem after about ten days on HAL's Amsterdam, Hawaii/South Pacific itinerary in 2006. That's why as soon as we got off the ship in Kauai, we headed right for those Golden Arches to get some "real down home food." :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

Greetings from Saint Petersburg!

Not going to post a long message tonight because I'm late for cocktails prior to dinner. I'll just leave you with a single photo, and promise a more detailed report (and a few photos) later (though not tonight ... I'm tired).

It was a GREAT day! Wow, what a trip!

edam105.jpg

Wow!!! Thanks for posting.

Hello, everyone! We got home 2 days ago, but I've been quite busy getting things running again here at the ranch.

We enjoyed our Prelude and Inaugural cruises to the max! Wonderful ship, great people all around us, and really excellent weather. (One day of rain didn't hurt us.) The officers showing up for our CC meet-and-greet was classy. Thanks, gentlemen!

Someone asked about Canaletto, and Greg said, "the Eastern European waiters are as warm as the IRS." I would have to agree. My DW asked for iced tea. When she hadn't received any and the entrees arrived, she asked again. The waiter said, "First things first. Let me deliver the entrees while they're hot then I'll get your tea." I just thought it quite rude. The food was just okay, IMO. Not worth missing the dining room. I can't recommend it.

Tamarind, on the other hand, is a big winner. Don't miss it!

The Pinnacle was just okay, too, so far as I'm concerned. Not up to par with the way it used to be.

It was SO great sailing with the great CC bunch.

Greg is doing a great job of reporting. It was a wonderful experience for us. Just hated to leave last Tuesday.

Hello, everyone! We got home 2 days ago, but I've been quite busy getting things running again here at the ranch.

We enjoyed our Prelude and Inaugural cruises to the max! Wonderful ship, great people all around us, and really excellent weather. (One day of rain didn't hurt us.) The officers showing up for our CC meet-and-greet was classy. Thanks, gentlemen!

Someone asked about Canaletto, and Greg said, "the Eastern European waiters are as warm as the IRS." I would have to agree. My DW asked for iced tea. When she hadn't received any and the entrees arrived, she asked again. The waiter said, "First things first. Let me deliver the entrees while they're hot then I'll get your tea." I just thought it quite rude. The food was just okay, IMO. Not worth missing the dining room. I can't recommend it.

Tamarind, on the other hand, is a big winner. Don't miss it!

The Pinnacle was just okay, too, so far as I'm concerned. Not up to par with the way it used to be.

It was SO great sailing with the great CC bunch.

Greg is doing a great job of reporting. It was a wonderful experience for us. Just hated to leave last Tuesday.

Welcome Home Jim:)

Glad you had such a good time.

That was pretty rude of the waiter :(

Oh well back to the world of us land locked suckers *LOL*, but with a lot of wonderful memories I am sure

Someone asked about Canaletto, and Greg said, "the Eastern European waiters are as warm as the IRS." I would have to agree. My DW asked for iced tea. When she hadn't received any and the entrees arrived, she asked again. The waiter said, "First things first. Let me deliver the entrees while they're hot then I'll get your tea." I just thought it quite rude.

Sounds to me like the waiter was very, very overwhelmed. Did he have a lot of tables in his station?

Blue skies ...

--rita

Question about Tamarind ... I love Oriental/Asian fare but my DH does NOT. Would he enjoy Tamarind? ... I would love to try it but not sure my DH would find something he could eat!! For all the ones who have tried it and loved it, do any of you normally NOT like Asian fare?

Enjoyed meeting everyone on this cruise. After 17 days in Europe -- I thought I would be glad to be home, but that is not the case. I enjoyed the cruise on the Eurodam.

Hope everyone is having a good time. It was a long flight home -- not all of our luggage made it -- but we got it the next day.

Hope to sail again with such a wonderful group of people from this Board.

Auntie Em

Question about Tamarind ... I love Oriental/Asian fare but my DH does NOT. Would he enjoy Tamarind? ... I would love to try it but not sure my DH would find something he could eat!! For all the ones who have tried it and loved it, do any of you normally NOT like Asian fare?

I have the exact same problem:o I want to try everything on the Tamarind menu, where there really is not one thing on it that Tom would consider eating. He had seen where Greg mentioned a steak but once he heard it was a wasabi something, that eliminated thated. I really do not think there is anything for the person that is a plain meat and potatoes type. I wish they could order off the Pinnacle Menu while Iordered off the Tamarind.

Ebaycruiser maybe you should join me on our December 13th cruise and you and I can eat in the Tamarind and we can send the guys to the Pinnacle:D

Enjoyed meeting everyone on this cruise. After 17 days in Europe -- I thought I would be glad to be home, but that is not the case. I enjoyed the cruise on the Eurodam.

Hope everyone is having a good time. It was a long flight home -- not all of our luggage made it -- but we got it the next day.

Hope to sail again with such a wonderful group of people from this Board.

Auntie Em

Welcome home -- glad you had a great cruise and a great European vacation.

Sounds to me like the waiter was very, very overwhelmed. Did he have a lot of tables in his station?
Nope. Only a few other tables occupied, and he wasn't the only waiter.

Regarding the Tamarind menu. if someone doesn't like Asian Fusion, then don't go. There aren't "regular" dishes offered. But for lovers of the fare, it's a real treat!

Regarding the Tamarind menu. if someone doesn't like Asian Fusion, then don't go. There aren't "regular" dishes offered. But for lovers of the fare, it's a real treat!

Oh dear, I really liked the decor in the Tamarind but I do not go a bundle on the food.

Archived