Solstice Preview Tomorrow (July 8th) in Miami

Host Anne

So if we are at a table of 6 to 8 in the main dining room & others at our table leave for a night for specialty restaurants or casual dining, does that mean we can expect other people from Blu to be seated with us? I am sure they will have this all worked out by computers or something... we definitely want the upper level--those large braces downstairs as presently depicted are not appealing & may limit space at the tables.

Also looking forward to the new photo selection system to avoid the long time searching for the photos...

was there any word on the computer services at the presentation?--just to check e-mail--hope it is very fast & convenient!

Hi Andy:

Thanks for posting the dailies. I noticed on Mike's website the other day the dailies for one of the first cruises. It appears formal night will be day 2 and 5 on the cruise with the Labadee stop. Formal nights are an at sea day and the day we visit Tortola. I wonder if they will change it to the second at sea day on the alternate cruises that don't go to Labadee. That would make it day 2 and 6.

Also noticed they are going to get a lot of use out of the Lawn Club with lots of events scheduled there...

was there any word on the computer services at the presentation?--just to check e-mail--hope it is very fast & convenient!

Hi Hcat !

While I did not see a specific Internet presentation, I did ask the question, and was told it will be state of the art. I am very confident the Internet will be as high tech as the rest of the areas I saw on Tuesday. It was all very impressive.

I noticed on Mike's website the other day the dailies for one of the first cruises. It appears formal night will be day 2 and 5 on the cruise with the Labadee stop. Formal nights are an at sea day and the day we visit Tortola. I wonder if they will change it to the second at sea day on the alternate cruises that don't go to Labadee. That would make it day 2 and 6.

Did you also notice (according to those dailies), that the ship is apparently doing Tortola & Labadee on the 11/23 itinerary? Yet, according to the =X= website, Solstice is doing the St Kitts itinerary that week...

:confused: :confused: :confused:

So, it seems as though 1 couple (AQ) may be dining alone in Blu on some nights, yet they're willing to reserve a larger table in Grand Epernay for the Blu couple to join on certain nights. Do I have this correct?

Interesting, thanks.

Yes, I believe that would be the proper way to handle dining elsewhere if an AQ pax. We are 4 couples traveling together (4 sisters and husbands). 1 couple in AQ, 2 in S1 and 1 C1 so our assigned dining is different and we do want to dine together most of the time. We were told to inform the 'Epernay maitre'd upon arrival to assign our group a table for 8 even though we would not all be present every night and to inform Blu when the assigned table there would be available for someone else to use. That's how we intend to handle it. :)

So, it seems as though 1 couple (AQ) may be dining alone in Blu on some nights, yet they're willing to reserve a larger table in Grand Epernay for the Blu couple to join on certain nights. Do I have this correct?

Interesting, thanks.

madelinerose--that's my understanding of how it would work.

Andy

thanks for checking on the bedding placement... too late to switch now but would be nice to lnow for the future.

Also did anyone mention still having a reggae band at the pool in the afternoons? Is there an outdoor bandstand & dance floor for that? This is part of traditional cruisng so I hope they will continue that..along with the guitar players, piano players etc....

Andy

thanks for checking on the bedding placement... too late to switch now but would be nice to lnow for the future.

Also did anyone mention still having a reggae band at the pool in the afternoons? Is there an outdoor bandstand & dance floor for that? This is part of traditional cruisng so I hope they will continue that..along with the guitar players, piano players etc....

I don't know if the folks in session 2 asked about the band and

stuff but it was not brought up in the first session.

I guess it would have been nice if I had asked some

more questions....:eek: :rolleyes:.....sorry.

I was eating the food:)

So if we are at a table of 6 to 8 in the main dining room & others at our table leave for a night for specialty restaurants or casual dining, does that mean we can expect other people from Blu to be seated with us? I am sure they will have this all worked out by computers or something...

My hunch is that they'll use the cabin TV's for making and canceling restaurant reservations. With all the specialty restaurants it almost makes it a necessity from a seat management standpoint. In this scenario, when you make a reservation in one restaurant it would automatically cancel your existing seating. So, for example, if I were an AQ passenger and had a standing reservation in Blu, and then made a reservation at Murano, it would open up my normal Blu seating so others could use it for that meal.

We've already heard what =X= has in mind for viewing and purchasing photos from your cabin so it's not stretch to expect the computer system to also support a computerized reservation system. :rolleyes:

In looking at all the restaurant menus, I think my first choice would be the Murano. I'll be interested to hear what the feedback is from Blu. At the moment, the menu doesn't tempt me to spend $30 to eat there.

My hunch is that they'll use the cabin TV's for making and canceling restaurant reservations. With all the specialty restaurants it almost makes it a necessity from a seat management standpoint. In this scenario, when you make a reservation in one restaurant it would automatically cancel your existing seating. So, for example, if I were an AQ passenger and had a standing reservation in Blu, and then made a reservation at Murano, it would open up my normal Blu seating so others could use it for that meal.

I'm not sure about being to make reservations from your TV, but other than that I agree that this is probably exactly how it will work.

Problem could be with people who are scheduled for Blu and just don't show up. They either decide to order room service at last minute or go to another venue without a reservation.

I expect that if you don't show up at Blu within a set time after your seating starts, your seat will be forfeited and available for walk in's/standby's? Or just go unused.

Folks ~ you cannot plan on the "dailies" that were on display to be the "real" dailies by the time the ship sails. We were told they were "samples" and likely to change. I don't know if anyone noticed but it says the first night is FORMAL? In fact, three of them (Days 1, 2 and 5) say formal. The first night will not be formal and there won't be three formal nights on a 7-day cruise. These were mock-up samples. So don't consider them "definite" at this point.

I did get some more answers about Blu but they led to "more" questions so until I get a better understanding, I'm going to wait to post anything. I will tell you that there will be two seating in Blu each night (early and late) just like the main dining room. Keep in mind that I'm sure there are many things to still work out on how everything will be handled. It's still more than four months until the ship sails.

Hope to have more of an update soon.

By the way, my favorite menu I saw was Tuscan Grille. And I'm not sure I took a photo of it. I still have to get my shots over to Mike and I haven't had a moment since getting back from Miami. I'll try to do that this evening!

I did get the Silk Harvest menu. I'm sending my photos to Mike now so he can add them to his and have them in one place to make it easy for everyone....we'll post when they are there!

I'm not sure about being to make reservations from your TV, but other than that I agree that this is probably exactly how it will work.

Problem could be with people who are scheduled for Blu and just don't show up. They either decide to order room service at last minute or go to another venue without a reservation.

I expect that if you don't show up at Blu within a set time after your seating starts, your seat will be forfeited and available for walk in's/standby's? Or just go unused.

Should the reservation system be computerized as I think it will be, each of the restaurants will also have access to the reservation system so they can update it should people arrive unannounced. But as you indicate, no computer system is foolproof so that's when restaurant personnel have to manage that the low tech way.

Anne, Our email box is filling up quickly. We will get them up as soon as possible. We did have a Tuscan Grill menu and the pics are on the site; but we didn't get a close pic, so they are more blown up than they should be to make it easy to read.

Hi...they had a sampling of food from Silk Harvest and

it was wonderful:D :)

Thanks Lois. I bet it will be amazing. I am so glad you and a few of the cruise critics got to go and sample some of the amazing food. Great pictures that I have seen so far.

Host Anne, I appreciate all you do too. : )

Walter

Hi Everyone !

Host Anne mentioned about the Dailies, the same goes for the Menus. I was told they are not definite at this point, and some tweaking may happen, over the next few weeks.

Hi Walter, Thank You:)

As for the food, the crepes were heavenly. They offered

savory and sweet and I tried both.

And they had 6 flavors of Gelato. I believe it has replaced

my love for ice cream;) the creamy texture and rich flavor

were something to behold.:D

Hi Walter, Thank You:)

As for the food, the crepes were heavenly. They offered

savory and sweet and I tried both.

And they had 6 flavors of Gelato. I believe it has replaced

my love for ice cream;) the creamy texture and rich flavor

were something to behold.:D

Hi Lois !

I agree about the Gelato. I only tried 1 flavor, Pistachio, but it was absolutely incredible. I look forward to trying the other flavors when on Solstice. BTW, the crepes were fantastic too !

My TA just emailed me that " Suites have unlimited access to both the Persian Gardens (a value of over $100) and the Relaxation Lounge. The Persian Gardens is like a sauna - eucalyptus scent, marble lounges, steam, heat, New Age music. It's a "private sauna". The Relaxation Lounge is similar to a steam room from the little we've been able to learn."

I'm not sure that the above is accurate since it was my understanding that only Aqua Class would have that for free, but if she is correct it's another nice perk for the suites!

Diana

Mike and Anne...thanks so much for the pictures! They were really nice.

My question is...with all these restaurants...do we have to choose and make reservations? Do we do a rotation? What about our waiters?

Sorry if this question was already answered!

Archived