Sad News

Hapinowagain2

My deepest sympathy to Alicia's family. I believe Alicia was originally scheduled to go on our Panama Canal cruise in November but rescheduled due to her surgery. She was so lively and informative we were really looking forward to meeting her. She was one that really tried to keep the thread for the cruise going.

My heartfelt prayers are with her family and close friends. Sue, Please express our sorrow. She has given us all something which we all can cherish. We are with you in spirit.

When you think about, it is amazing what these boards can do to make friendships. Most of us do not know each other and are unlikely to do so, but the bonding that this board has show, particularly on such a difficult issue as this, illustrates the wonderful and good nature of humankind.

Hi!!! I just got back from Alicia's service!! When I signed the guest book, I put Dicke and I, and cruise critic. We were also mentioned in the service, as it was a great joy to her. He thanks you all for your kind and loving words, which Allen and their daughters have, and will continue, to read. Alicia was a nurse, like me, and I was not aware of that. She loved life, and had an awesome sense of humor!!! We will always miss her, but I believe she will be here with us always, and on cruises as well. I don't want us to forget her. She would not forget any one of us!!! :)

anotherworldtopthree.jpg

Gone, But Not Forgotten

~~ Written by Tina Johnson ~~

Wherever you are, whatever you do, whichever the day;

Your loved ones are never really far away.

Sometimes in life we endure pain that cannot be measured;

It could be loss of loved ones that we so richly treasured.

No, you may never understand and sometimes be unable to cope;

But remember that in every rainbow, there is new hope.

They are in your smiles and definitely in your heart;

Their love for you never ends no matter the distance apart.

Remember that they are up in Heaven above;

Surrounded by the greatest and purest of love.

Although your heart is still tender and the pain is still there;

Know that you’re never alone because we will always care.

No one pretends to know the depth of the loss that you feel;

For the pain and the sadness are so very real.

But look past the sadness and reach for the sky;

Your love continues to grow for them even as days go by.

Hold on tight to the memories and never let them go;

You have more blessings surrounding you than you’ll ever know.

Trust God in His wisdom and in His powerful ways;

And He’ll bring you comfort in all of your days.

Gone, but NOT forgotten... this much is true;

May you find peace in knowing that your loved one loves you.

Our board has lost a good friend in Alicia.

I had the good fortunate to cruise with her and Alan this past May on the Celebrity Summit. We had a terrific group and she was dubbed "Her Royal Highness" (HRH). Her wonderful sense of humor, zest for life and love of family and friends will be missed by so many.

Sue, thank you for attending her service and representing all of us - it is so very much appreciated.

Diane

[color=blue][b][size=3][i][u][font=Arial]ALL IS WELL[/font][/u][/i] [/size][/b][/color]

[color=blue][b][size=3][i][font=Arial]My passing and being called home is really nothing at all[/font][/i] [/size][/b][/color]
[color=blue][b][size=3][i][font=Arial]I have only slipped into the next room[/font][/i] [/size][/b][/color]
[color=blue][b][size=3][i][font=Arial]Whatever we were to each other[/font][/i] [/size][/b][/color]
[color=blue][b][size=3][i][font=Arial]We still are.[/font][/i] [/size][/b][/color]

[color=blue][b][size=3][i][font=Arial]Call me by my old familiar name[/font][/i] [/size][/b][/color]
[color=blue][b][size=3][i][font=Arial]Speak to me in the same easy way you always have[/font][/i] [/size][/b][/color]
[color=blue][b][size=3][i][font=Arial]Laugh as we always laughed[/font][/i] [/size][/b][/color]
[color=blue][b][size=3][i][font=Arial]At the little jokes we enjoyed together.[/font][/i] [/size][/b][/color]

[color=blue][b][size=3][i][font=Arial]Play, smile, think of me, pray for me[/font][/i] [/size][/b][/color]
[color=blue][b][size=3][i][font=Arial]Life means all that it's ever meant[/font][/i] [/size][/b][/color]
[color=blue][b][size=3][i][font=Arial]It is the same that it always was.[/font][/i] [/size][/b][/color]

[color=blue][b][size=3][i][font=Arial]There is absolute unbroken continuity[/font][/i] [/size][/b][/color]
[color=blue][b][size=3][i][font=Arial]Why should I be out of your mind[/font][/i] [/size][/b][/color]
[i][font=Arial][size=3][color=blue][b]Because I'm out of your sight?[/b][/color][/size][/font][/i]

[color=blue][b][size=3][i][font=Arial]I am but waiting for you, for in the interval[/font][/i] [/size][/b][/color]
[color=blue][b][size=3][font=Arial][i]But waiting somewhere very near … just around the corner.[/i][/font] [/size][/b][/color]

[color=blue][b][size=3][i][font=Arial]All is well[/font][/i] [/size][/b][/color]
[color=blue][b][size=3][i][font=Arial]Nothing is past[/font][/i] [/size][/b][/color]
[color=blue][b][size=3][i][font=Arial]Nothing has been lost[/font][/i] [/size][/b][/color]
[color=blue][b][size=3][i][font=Arial]One brief moment and all will be as it was before[/font][/i] [/size][/b][/color]
[i][font=Arial][size=3][color=blue][b]Only better ... and infinitely happier.[/b][/color][/size][/font][/i]

Yes, Sue, she was royalty -- she did have her scepter with her on board! She had many "Summit Subjects" and we were proud to be her court -- from princesses and barons to jesters!

For our CC party, we wore tiaras (even Alan and a few of the guys adorned them - for a short time). Yes, a fine sight we were traipsing to our get-together wearing our mandatory tropical shirts and tiaras. What great memories.

Diane
[img]http://community.webshots.com/s/image8/6/38/70/143963870msrBcj_ph.jpg[/img]

[b]Oops -- looks like the picture I posted went away. Well, as I mentioned in a subsequent post here, if you wish to see photos of Alicia, just go to my Webshots link in my signature below. Go to Celebrity Summit Part #2.[/b]

Archived