Hopefully the ultimate Aft thread with Pictures (vent, and beams)

flvol77

I think this is the single best thread I have ever encountered on CruiseCritic. In fact, based on the info here and the great pictures (especially the well-labelled photo of all aft cabins), I booked E733 on the Crown yesterday. I am so excited!

One thing I don't think anyone has mentioned is the possibility of fumes/exhaust/smells in aft cabins. I have cruised aft before, just once, but for the life of me I can't remember a thing about that cruise ... was on RCCL anyway.

TIA for any info!

Would someone have a side view of the ship toward the aft showing cabin

D732 close up? End cabin port side. It looks like it has an extra long balcony.

Yes.....

Those 2 balconies on either side of Dolphin deck and the 2 below them on either side of Emerald deck do have the extended balconies and they book fast!!

This was a wonderful and extensive job done and since they haven't made it a sticky - how would I go about bookmarking this thread for future reference?:)

You should be able to choose "bookmarks" or "favorites" on your tool bar while you're on the thread and then add it to your bookmarks. It will be up to date each time you go back to it.

One thing I don't think anyone has mentioned is the possibility of fumes/exhaust/smells in aft cabins. I have cruised aft before, just once, but for the life of me I can't remember a thing about that cruise ... was on RCCL anyway.

TIA for any info!

Definitely not. There are some reports about soot on RCI voyager class ships aft cabins but I stayed in one and never had a problem.

you can always tell when someone loves to cruise when they put so much hard work into what they do.

We have E731 booked on the Emerald for February 2010. will try and put the photo of E731 on this thread but I have never done this before! :eek:

you can always tell when someone loves to cruise when they put so much hard work into what they do.

We have E731 booked on the Emerald for February 2010. will try and put the photo of E731 on this thread but I have never done this before! :eek:

Is that Michael Jackson standing on the balcony? :eek:

How about the STAR .I have an aft balcony C752 ...I have seen others on other ships

Are they the same

Is it true it is ROUGH in the back ...We are going around the horn SOUTH AMERICA...SEASICK TIME ??????

I've heard so much about aft balconies I got this one ...Will I enjoy it ...I love Caribe deck for BREAKFAST

Pictures anyone???

B748 has no obstructions, and there is a curve to the plexi so you can see port side as well, but sticking your head over the edge helps enhance that view somewhat! :)

We are in this cabin on Crown. It`s good to know we have a good one.:D

How about the STAR .I have an aft balcony C752 ...I have seen others on other ships

Are they the same

Is it true it is ROUGH in the back ...We are going around the horn SOUTH AMERICA...SEASICK TIME ??????

I've heard so much about aft balconies I got this one ...Will I enjoy it ...I love Caribe deck for BREAKFAST

Pictures anyone???

Is it rough at the back ? read my review on signature... :)

Definitely not. There are some reports about soot on RCI voyager class ships aft cabins but I stayed in one and never had a problem.

Thanks for the confirmation, Roe2Ship. I hadn't heart anyone mention it before, though I have heard such things in connection with other lines, so I thought I would check.

SOOOO excited about having an AFT cabin to look forward to on the Crown. Thanks again to everyone who has contributed to this thread with such fabulous, detailed photos.!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry if this has been asked before, but with the newer ships (Emerald, Ruby) are the PS suites near the vents still getting those odor issues? We're looking at 2011 for our big anniversary and would like to reserve something really special for our cabin. We've only had balconies before, but bonine works for us so the motion shouldn't be a problem but I'm concerned with the smell issues.

Many thanks!!

• 4 weeks later...

I was led to this thread from the Crow's Nest site, and it has just put my mind at rest! We are cruising on P&O's new Azura in 2011 and have booked an aft balcony cabin. This is a grand class ship I believe and the aft looks pretty much the same as the Princess ones. Our cabin, D735, was not listed in the brochure as obstructed, but when the confirmation invoice came it said 'partially obstructed'. We've been reassured by our TA and P&O that it isn't a major obstruction, but they did offer us a 'guarantee' cabin in the same grade, which we refused because we like to know where we're going to be.

Anyway, the photos confirm that this particular cabin doesn't have a major problem as far as I can see, providing it is the same as the Princess ships. In fact, the balconies look wonderful - much deeper than the port and starboard ones we have had before.

Many thanks.

I was led to this thread from the Crow's Nest site, and it has just put my mind at rest! We are cruising on P&O's new Azura in 2011 and have booked an aft balcony cabin. This is a grand class ship I believe and the aft looks pretty much the same as the Princess ones. Our cabin, D735, was not listed in the brochure as obstructed, but when the confirmation invoice came it said 'partially obstructed'. We've been reassured by our TA and P&O that it isn't a major obstruction, but they did offer us a 'guarantee' cabin in the same grade, which we refused because we like to know where we're going to be.

Anyway, the photos confirm that this particular cabin doesn't have a major problem as far as I can see, providing it is the same as the Princess ships. In fact, the balconies look wonderful - much deeper than the port and starboard ones we have had before.

Many thanks.

I like those partial obstructions in the rear facing cabins, they provide a little more shade which I like, but don't really obstruct the views at all since the balcony is so much larger.