Favorite Picture of All Time

Bar Harbor, Maine

One of my favorite places. I grew up going there every summer, it wasn't until a few years ago I went back as a tourist after moving away, I was blown away by the scenery around Mt. Desert Island, it was just breathtaking.

MAC

When we went to Tulum we actually docked at Calica. From there it was about a 45 minute bus ride (very nice bus). I would say that it would be well worth it from Cozumel. The place was AWESOME. I would be happy to email you some more pics. Just drop me a line using my name at yahoo.

Thank you, my DH really wants to do this tour, but all I have read are complaints about the commute..... I am glad to hear that someone thinks it is worth it.

does anyone know which beach in cozulmel smg669's photo of the little girl was taken? its gorgeous.

I know! I know!

It was taken at Nachi Cocom. We've been there twice and loved it both times.

And NoobCroozer, oddly enough I left my fancy D-SLR on board that day. That shot was taken with my wife's humble Powershot S500 point-and-shoot. Just goes to show that it's not the gear that makes a great picture.

All the pictures are BEAUTIFUL! I was so excited to look at them all! The only downfall is that they made me want to cruise NOW! And I have over 170 days left until my wedding cruise!

Well I definitely had to post a couple of my favorites!

Hmm.. this one is from St Thomas, or St Martin.. I dont remember, but the water is SOO beautiful!

Picture054-2.jpg

This one is on the Carnival Glory! It is of my brothers fiance. One of the last nights on the ship we went around and took silly pictures and I just loved this one!

Picture065-1.jpg

One last one, me, in my stateroom with my coconut man!

Picture112-1.jpg

We had our own personal peacock at Ardastra Gardens in Nassau. This guy followed us around all day!!

DSC_0329.jpg

Killer Picture, is the file Raw? How big is it? love to get a copy of the file to print it and hang it on my office wall here at home.

Fred

Cozumel...

zoebeachiz8.jpg

Beautiful shot. I will be in Cozumel December. Can't wait.

There is a story that goes with this picture. At 41 my sister had a major stroke. To save her life they had to do surgery and as a result, take out about 1/3 of her skull....it stayed safe in her belly for over a year (because she had a staph infection post op they did not want to put it back too soon) while she recovered. At her most critical moment in the ICU, I held her hand and told her if she would only open her eyes I would take her anywhere in the world she wanted to go....her eyes flew open (the first of many miracles!), and as soon as she came off the ventilator she requested we go on a cruise. So in late April this year, almost 2 years after her stroke, we boarded the Legend with our mom, our other sister, two nieces and my sisters’ best friend. My sister wanted to swim with the dolphins more than anything else, so I scheduled the Royal Swim. Although VERY skeptical when we arrived, given my sisters physical limitations, the staff agreed to "let her try”. This picture was taken during the foot push.....what you can't see are the six women standing in the water watching her, laughing and crying at the same time. Since this day, my sister has continued to recover, expanding her horizons daily; because this moment in time renewed her confidence and made her realize that ANYTHING is possible!

2121356710064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

Instant tears too. Beautiful story. Your sister looks like she was having the time of her life.

My best photo?

This set was funny. As I was walking off the ship, guy trys to sell me a $4.00 underwater camera (He says it takes GREAT photos)...I buy it and think to myself "Yeah right". Keep in mind I had been shooting all week with my $500 digital camera that makes it impossible to take a bad picture (I'm all thumbs)

My wife jumped in the water off of the float at Cozumel Chankanaab park... I closed my eyes and snapped the camera knowing that I probably got nothing in my shot...all I could see was bubbles.

Not only did we get great vivid colors under the water, but the sunlight, and mirror refection of the water's surface in the 3rd photo, was fantastic for this cheap camera (sorry this is a scan of the original photos, and the copy loses some of its sharpness and color)

PS... my 40+ year old wife liked the way her body looks more toned in the water (no gravity). As a hack photographer, I have to admit that was another aspect that made these photos so much fun :D;)

Jumpinthewaterlarge.jpg

Great deal and great shots! What brand camera was it? I need that kind.

There are some really awesome pictures on here. I would never be able to pick one favorite. Thanks to everyone for sharing them. I am going to post one of my favorites from my cruise on the Ecstasy. This picture was took on the top deck off of the back. When I took the picture I did not notice the cross, I was just taking a sunrise picture. Thought the cross showed me that God is always with us.

l_5572040d30d51b502928b2f595f7306d.jpg

All the pictures are BEAUTIFUL! I was so excited to look at them all! The only downfall is that they made me want to cruise NOW! And I have over 170 days left until my wedding cruise!

Well I definitely had to post a couple of my favorites!

Hmm.. this one is from St Thomas, or St Martin.. I dont remember, but the water is SOO beautiful!

Picture054-2.jpg

This one is on the Carnival Glory! It is of my brothers fiance. One of the last nights on the ship we went around and took silly pictures and I just loved this one!

Picture065-1.jpg

One last one, me, in my stateroom with my coconut man!

Picture112-1.jpg

Actually I think that house is in Nassau..........

There is a story that goes with this picture. At 41 my sister had a major stroke. To save her life they had to do surgery and as a result, take out about 1/3 of her skull....it stayed safe in her belly for over a year (because she had a staph infection post op they did not want to put it back too soon) while she recovered. At her most critical moment in the ICU, I held her hand and told her if she would only open her eyes I would take her anywhere in the world she wanted to go....her eyes flew open (the first of many miracles!), and as soon as she came off the ventilator she requested we go on a cruise. So in late April this year, almost 2 years after her stroke, we boarded the Legend with our mom, our other sister, two nieces and my sisters’ best friend. My sister wanted to swim with the dolphins more than anything else, so I scheduled the Royal Swim. Although VERY skeptical when we arrived, given my sisters physical limitations, the staff agreed to "let her try”. This picture was taken during the foot push.....what you can't see are the six women standing in the water watching her, laughing and crying at the same time. Since this day, my sister has continued to recover, expanding her horizons daily; because this moment in time renewed her confidence and made her realize that ANYTHING is possible!

2121356710064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

Gail, your story brought tears to my eyes. You are a wonderful sister and you have a remarkable sister. Makes me want to go home and hug my lil sis!

Hey Erin,

I TOTALLY understand your thoughts! I think it my be my love for Jamaica, the falls and my husband (save the best for last). I have had many moments like you are mentioning....life is good. It has been over 20 years with my love of life and each day is better then the last....your post is beautiful!

:o Ah... thanks for that! It just made my day! It seems I have a kindred spirit. :D

I have already posted my 2 favorites, but these 4 are of a port that I can't wait to see again one day, anyone know which one it is?

]2753572320093461973S600x600Q85.jpg

Here's another....any clues yet?

]2249133820093461973S600x600Q85.jpg

Maybe these last 2 will jog someone's memory

]2213483690093461973S600x600Q85.jpg

And I loved how the very same pool ended with a beautiful view of the ocean

]2714557070093461973S600x600Q85.jpg