Favorite Picture of All Time

Cruise098-1.jpg?t=1216687275

Taken in Majahual Carnival Glory Jan 2007. One of the very best days ever!!!!

I am so happy I was able to go to Costa Maya before the hurricane hit. It is a beautiful place, but will look quite different when we get to go again.

This one was standing on "our" glacier. Our last name is Mendenhall...we were on Mendenhall Glacier in Juneau, AK. We loved our helicopter ride to Mendenhall Glacier. And yes it is cold on the Glacier, but the rest of Alaska was 50-60's.652027892107_0_ALB.jpg

ok one more Alaska one...we went on the wildlife tour with Sitka Secrets out of Sitka, and these were some of the puffins we saw. They are really quick, so it is not a great pic. My MilS one thing she wanted to see in Alaska was Puffins...so here they are!

754272014107_0_ALB.jpg

There is a story that goes with this picture. At 41 my sister had a major stroke. To save her life they had to do surgery and as a result, take out about 1/3 of her skull....it stayed safe in her belly for over a year (because she had a staph infection post op they did not want to put it back too soon) while she recovered. At her most critical moment in the ICU, I held her hand and told her if she would only open her eyes I would take her anywhere in the world she wanted to go....her eyes flew open (the first of many miracles!), and as soon as she came off the ventilator she requested we go on a cruise. So in late April this year, almost 2 years after her stroke, we boarded the Legend with our mom, our other sister, two nieces and my sisters’ best friend. My sister wanted to swim with the dolphins more than anything else, so I scheduled the Royal Swim. Although VERY skeptical when we arrived, given my sisters physical limitations, the staff agreed to "let her try”. This picture was taken during the foot push.....what you can't see are the six women standing in the water watching her, laughing and crying at the same time. Since this day, my sister has continued to recover, expanding her horizons daily; because this moment in time renewed her confidence and made her realize that ANYTHING is possible!

2121356710064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

Instant tears!!! Beautiful beautiful story and pic. Thank you for sharing. :)

There is a story that goes with this picture. At 41 my sister had a major stroke. To save her life they had to do surgery and as a result, take out about 1/3 of her skull....it stayed safe in her belly for over a year (because she had a staph infection post op they did not want to put it back too soon) while she recovered. At her most critical moment in the ICU, I held her hand and told her if she would only open her eyes I would take her anywhere in the world she wanted to go....her eyes flew open (the first of many miracles!), and as soon as she came off the ventilator she requested we go on a cruise. So in late April this year, almost 2 years after her stroke, we boarded the Legend with our mom, our other sister, two nieces and my sisters’ best friend. My sister wanted to swim with the dolphins more than anything else, so I scheduled the Royal Swim. Although VERY skeptical when we arrived, given my sisters physical limitations, the staff agreed to "let her try”. This picture was taken during the foot push.....what you can't see are the six women standing in the water watching her, laughing and crying at the same time. Since this day, my sister has continued to recover, expanding her horizons daily; because this moment in time renewed her confidence and made her realize that ANYTHING is possible!

2121356710064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

Thank you for sharing, you and your sister are amazing!

Here is my dd in Mexico

attachment.php?attachmentid=85637&stc=1&d=1216943458

2036489928_lauradolphin002.jpg.210fca7045ca77e3bea33445bb534ca6.jpg

Okay, here's one of my favorite ship pix: Carnival's Liberty taken this past May while she was still docked in Miami.

http://family.webshots.com/photo/2223844370097872471fSIKDA?vhost=family

click on it to enlarge it.

Here's another favorite, but it's NCL's Pride of America. I took this while we were on a aerial tour of Kawai, HI.

http://family.webshots.com/photo/2520745250097872471hpqyWZ?vhost=family

Okay, here's one of my favorite ship pix: Carnival's Liberty taken this past May while she was still docked in Miami.. It's in my signature below.

Here's another favorite, but it's NCL's Pride of America. I took this while we were on a aerial tour of Kawai, HI. Well, no matter how I do this, it's not going to paste the dang pix...just click on the link below to see it, it really is neat.

http://family.webshots.com/photo/2520745250097872471hpqyWZ?vhost=family

This is one my favorite pictures from my last cruise, it just sums up the experience for me. Just when you think life can't get any better, you land in a place like this with perfect weather and the perfect traveling companion.

IMG_0591.JPG?imgmax=640

MAC

This is one my favorite pictures from my last cruise, it just sums up the experience for me. Just when you think life can't get any better, you land in a place like this with perfect weather and the perfect traveling companion.

IMG_0591.JPG?imgmax=640

MAC

Beautiful! Where is this?

I can't pick just one! Here are a few of my favorites!

This is my boyfriend's brother in Grand Turk- November 2007. We were standing at the end of one of the docks.

GT18.jpg

next is leaving San Juan on the same cruise... I love the light in this one.

juan181.jpg

and finally. I just love this moment-- not a flattering picture of either of us, but it was just a special moment for me. My BF and I at Trunk Bay, St. John.

TrunkBay11.jpg

I love all the others. Please keep them coming!

Beautiful! Where is this?

Sorry I forgot to add. This is Divi Little Bay Beach St. Maarten. It is a cheap taxi drive from the pier, you can actually see the pier and the ship from this area. I almost always do a ship excursion, but went on our own with this. When you go on your own you can get one of these thatch umbrellas that are spread far apart giving nice space, when you book a ship excursion, you are clumped together in a little section of the beach with much smaller umbrellas, the chairs very close together.

IMG_0591.JPG?imgmax=640

MAC